Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 10-24-2016, 03:12 PM   #1
BlackbeastSS2

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE Shock Candy
Different types of Air Intakes

Look as an owner of a Camaro SS for over 40 years I do tend to no a few things about the past and the way we tested parts for our cars. Yes, it used to be a magazine like hot rods where we got some ideas.

Now, people on here fighting for profits and creating useless mods for the sake of the greed to make money not for the love of cars. They back their products with all types of computer print outs that you either take their word for it or do your on tests. And as soon as you test by the feel of the drive they laugh or think your crazy. They fool some of the people on the forum that just follow like sheep.

I have pointed this out before and to have my post taken down. The forums have become a place where it's driven by certain companies and sponors not for the love of cars.

As a buyer, if I try a product and don't like the results I move on to find the best one and if you point out what you feel is the best you are attacked. I am here just to make my great car just a little better. The majority of the people see thru the bull Sh*t here.
Diamond Piston & Manley Rods, Roto Fab Big Gulp
BTR Push Rods,LS7 Lifters, ARP, FI Chiller, Kirkey Seats
SJM Line Lock, Hurst Pistol Grip. 747/739 RWHP street tune - 821/794 RWHP track tune 101 octane.
2014 Mini Cooper countryman S All4 M6 daily driver
BlackbeastSS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 04:11 PM   #2
TSloper

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
You had your posts taken down because you went to the point of name calling. Don't misrepresent what happened.

What is wrong with people making money if they can? You wouldn't have a 2016+ Camaro if GM wasn't able to make a profit. The vendors and any potential mods for you to buy wouldn't exist if there wasn't an opportunity to make a profit. Stop with the pretense that things should only be driven by the "love of cars". The best products are the ones designed by those that do "love" cars. They take the time to ensure things are as optimum as possible. They are also transparent about their product.

I'm currently working on a solution for a legitimate issue that has yet to be satisfactorily solved. Guess what... it's going to take a lot of my time and some real $ to get it to a point I would be satisfied with. If I can make some money on it I'm absolutely going to do so. In 3 days I've solved the problem that people have been struggling with for over a year.
TSloper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 04:24 PM   #3
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
what does this post have to do with different kinds of intakes?

it's just a rant against mods in general. Nothing specific to V8, intakes or camaros in general.

I enjoy a rant like anyone, but wrong subforum and the topic name is the result of either being drunk or a sign of ADD
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 04:56 PM   #4
Megahurtz
Snackbar Tuning

Drives: 2023 SGM ZL1
Ever since cars were made SOME companies prey on the ignorance of society to make a quick dollar. Example: The Tornado. That thing that goes into the intake tract and is supposed to create a fuel savings and power adding vortex that was demonstrated by WATER FLOW? LOL, cars don't ingest water.

Anyhow, So far I have only seen mature and mostly transparent conversation on this forum in regards to different intakes. There is some salty panties due to TSloper's posting of his experience with the Rotofab intake. However, most of the conversation has been handled like educated adults rather than name calling children. This is a trait some grown human beings still do not posses.

It is expected to have some competition between manufacturers and for the most part they have all stayed professional. The latest thread today was unfortunate that the OP couldn't speak as freely as the competition they were referencing in their posts.

Anyhow, its only the internet. I hope some people can avoid getting too offended online.
Megahurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 05:13 PM   #5
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
AFE POWER FTW lol
Old 10-24-2016, 05:25 PM   #6
BlackbeastSS2

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE Shock Candy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megahurtz View Post
Ever since cars were made SOME companies prey on the ignorance of society to make a quick dollar. Example: The Tornado. That thing that goes into the intake tract and is supposed to create a fuel savings and power adding vortex that was demonstrated by WATER FLOW? LOL, cars don't ingest water.

Anyhow, So far I have only seen mature and mostly transparent conversation on this forum in regards to different intakes. There is some salty panties due to TSloper's posting of his experience with the Rotofab intake. However, most of the conversation has been handled like educated adults rather than name calling children. This is a trait some grown human beings still do not posses.

It is expected to have some competition between manufacturers and for the most part they have all stayed professional. The latest thread today was unfortunate that the OP couldn't speak as freely as the competition they were referencing in their posts.

Anyhow, its only the internet. I hope some people can avoid getting too offended online.
Well said!!

What got me going today was the closed thread where the companies where going at each other. Some take it more personal as I do in regards to being fair.
Diamond Piston & Manley Rods, Roto Fab Big Gulp
BTR Push Rods,LS7 Lifters, ARP, FI Chiller, Kirkey Seats
SJM Line Lock, Hurst Pistol Grip. 747/739 RWHP street tune - 821/794 RWHP track tune 101 octane.
2014 Mini Cooper countryman S All4 M6 daily driver
BlackbeastSS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 05:59 PM   #7
Michigan1LTRS
Blessed ❤️

Drives: 2017 1LT RS I4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megahurtz View Post
Wait, what? Tornado was a scam? Man, I could've sworn I got like 100hp out of that genius product.

Last edited by Michigan1LTRS; 10-25-2016 at 06:29 AM.
Michigan1LTRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 10:41 PM   #8
mulletman

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
The point of performance add-ons is to increase performance. Increased performance equates to lower acceleration times. Nowhere have I seen any lower acceleration times after a CAI has been installed. I just read about butt dynos, The ROAR of performance, and an improved engine compartment.
mulletman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 11:28 PM   #9
Roto-fab 1

Drives: 16 Camaro SS w/ Roto-fab CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulletman View Post
The point of performance add-ons is to increase performance. Increased performance equates to lower acceleration times. Nowhere have I seen any lower acceleration times after a CAI has been installed. I just read about butt dynos, The ROAR of performance, and an improved engine compartment.
I think you guys would really be impressed with the Roto-fab CAI. We put alot of time and effort into the finer details of the system. We have seen honest gains of 12 hp on an otherwise stock SS, and 40+ hp on multiple supercharged builds. The Roto-fab system is a great example of aftermarket done right.

Thanks for your interest,
Michael
Roto-fab 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 12:00 AM   #10
mulletman

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roto-fab 1 View Post
I think you guys would really be impressed with the Roto-fab CAI. We put alot of time and effort into the finer details of the system. We have seen honest gains of 12 hp on an otherwise stock SS, and 40+ hp on multiple supercharged builds. The Roto-fab system is a great example of aftermarket done right.

Thanks for your interest,
Michael
Sir, your CAI looks really nice. Again I have not seen any lower acceleration times. 0-120 mph or 20-120 mph in order to negate wheel spin, how much time improvement can be expected? One-tenth of a second? One-thousandth of a second? A 12 hp gain does not mean anything to me. Thank you.
mulletman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 09:43 PM   #11
Roto-fab 1

Drives: 16 Camaro SS w/ Roto-fab CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulletman View Post
Sir, your CAI looks really nice. Again I have not seen any lower acceleration times. 0-120 mph or 20-120 mph in order to negate wheel spin, how much time improvement can be expected? One-tenth of a second? One-thousandth of a second? A 12 hp gain does not mean anything to me. Thank you.
I wouldn't be surprised to see a one-tenth gain in the quarter mile, but no definitive tests have been conducted yet.

I will keep my eye out for track test results. Thanks again for your interest!

Michael
Roto-fab 1 is offline   Reply With Quote