Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-01-2016, 09:34 AM   #1
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Drives: 2021 ZL1 1LE A10
Stuff I need to get off my chest!!!!

I really need to grow up and this is why, I remember when I first tried to get a Camaro in 2010. They gave me the keys I was so happy but at the last minute I didn't get approved, I got a 2010 Malibu instead, nice car but it wasn't a Camaro. In 2012 I got my Camaro V6, yeah I loved it but it wasn't a V6. (I was always reminded of that!!!!!.) On both of those occasions I got abused and tortured, first with Malibu, by V6 Camaros (like I was turned down for) they would go flying past me laughing and trying to race. Then when I got the 2012- V6 Camaro V8s would harass me. Now that I have a 2017 Camaro V8 I'm hunting everything down that I see, no matter what it is but there's one problem. Now that the shoe is on the other foot nobody wants to race me. I guess they know what will probably end up happening to them by the Motor Trend Car of the year. Has anyone else had or have this problem. It's kind of like a bully that was always picked on when he was small and then he goes to the gym and wants to kick everyones ass.
Old 11-01-2016, 09:36 AM   #2
Thor142

Drives: 2014 2LS (traded in) 2015 1SS 1LE
Take it to a race track. Everyone wants to race there.
Old 11-01-2016, 09:49 AM   #3
Richard0nee

Drives: 2016 SS M6, NPP
Haha.. no ones is really going to mess with you man with that fat V8! I drive in peace not like my EB Mustang.. The faster cars that have pulled up next to me a-la GTR, Hellcat we just look at each other and give a thumbs up. Pretty much just respect all around.

I'll admit, the V6 models and 4-bangers gets less respect on the road. Sucks but it's reality. Would love a V6/4-banger to daily drive. Those cars are fun as hell.
Richard0nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 09:51 AM   #4
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor142 View Post
Take it to a race track. Everyone wants to race there.
Lmao true, I wasnt on a track when they harassed the hek out of me.
Old 11-01-2016, 09:52 AM   #5
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard0nee View Post
Haha.. no ones is really going to mess with you man with that fat V8! I drive in peace not like my EB Mustang.. The faster cars that have pulled up next to me a-la GTR, Hellcat we just look at each other and give a thumbs up. Pretty much just respect all around.

I'll admit, the V6 models and 4-bangers gets less respect on the road. Sucks but it's reality. Would love a V6/4-banger to daily drive. Those cars are fun as hell.
Yes they are!!!!!
Old 11-01-2016, 09:56 AM   #6
Quiksilver16ss

Drives: 2016 camaro 1ss
Um no it's not cause they kno your car is fast but how bout they don't wanna lose their license for 3 years. I hate when some rustang pulls up beside me at a stoplight revving up at me.. And the light turns green and I'm caught looking like I'm racing this guy but it's really him doing it. I don't need to get pulled over and all that!!
Old 11-01-2016, 10:01 AM   #7
sschons74

Drives: 16 Camaro 1SS & 82 Silverado C10
The ones that want to "race" me are POS mini-vans & compact cars, I don't know what they are thinking, I don't even try with them, I like my low insurance rate. Most if not all Challys & Mustangs just give a nod if anything, in mutual respect.

I do like to open it up as I go past the local Ford dealer on the highway, just in case there are any Mustang shoppers in doubt.
Old 11-01-2016, 10:04 AM   #8

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Maybe your desire to street race actually began when your lunch money was stolen at school....or you weren't too successful running home from school so you wouldn't get beat up....

Anyway, good luck street racing. It's too bad that for now other drivers don't appreciate your dilemma....
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 10:04 AM   #9
mcintyre1969

Drives: 1968 SS/RS, 2006 H2 2016 2SS White
Quick story. Guy minding his own business when a young kid pulled up and wanted to race him. He did and during the race the kid lost control hitting another car head on. Killed the driver in the other car. Who do you think went to jail? BOTH drivers because they were both racing. Happened in my home town. You are betting you car is faster and you are a better driver, but also the guy you are racing is not going to kill someone and get you locked up. The people you are taunting now are not the same people taunting you back then, go kick some a$$ on the track!
Old 11-01-2016, 10:05 AM   #10
Techn9cian805
The BEAST

Drives: '16 2SS, '89 Wife
lol been there done that... Everyone, even the little Honda drivers wanted to race my 2014 v6, and they would always rev up besides me at lights.

Now, nobody does that, even the same Honda drivers who's faces and cars I recognize. They wont even dare make eye contact now. Now I'm looking for the same punks that would rev up, weather they were other V8s or Hondas and testing their cojones. So far only one dude in a 2015 Mustang went for it, and so we met at the "track"... It was not a purty sight lol but he was a good sport about it, and I now got a new friend in the stang world. Funny how things work out.
Old 11-01-2016, 10:07 AM   #11
Richard0nee

Drives: 2016 SS M6, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by sschons74 View Post
The ones that want to "race" me are POS mini-vans & compact cars, I don't know what they are thinking, I don't even try with them, I like my low insurance rate. Most if not all Challys & Mustangs just give a nod if anything, in mutual respect.

I do like to open it up as I go past the local Ford dealer on the highway, just in case there are any Mustang shoppers in doubt.
LMAO.. I did this with my salesmen since Chevy is right next to Ford. All of the Ford sales guys were standing outside and I opened it up big time. They all stood with a smiles and grins on the face looking dead at me. Haha we were all rolling & laughing (even the Ford guys). Good times
Richard0nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 10:14 AM   #12
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
really depends on where you live.

Got raced all the time when i lived in the north east.

Not at all over here in southern california where light rain scares the hell out of everyone on the road.

Also, some places lend themselves to the mentality of red light racing over others. Since everyone is scared of driving over here, getting off the road seems to be the stress relief of choice. Back in the northeast, after driving for 15 or 20 minutes you've already gotten pissed off at either the inability to pass another driver due to the smaller roads, the crappier roads in general due to weather, or lack of turning lanes (see smaller roads) causing traffic because 1 guy wants to make a left and there's no shoulder. In that case, red light racing is a way to drain that aggression.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 10:18 AM   #13
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Maybe your desire to street race actually began when your lunch money was stolen at school....or you weren't too successful running home from school so you wouldn't get beat up....

Anyway, good luck street racing. It's too bad that for now other drivers don't appreciate your dilemma....
Speak for yourself buddy, there are others out there don't be so serious bruh.
Old 11-01-2016, 10:23 AM   #14
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post
really depends on where you live.

Got raced all the time when i lived in the north east.

Not at all over here in southern california where light rain scares the hell out of everyone on the road.

Also, some places lend themselves to the mentality of red light racing over others. Since everyone is scared of driving over here, getting off the road seems to be the stress relief of choice. Back in the northeast, after driving for 15 or 20 minutes you've already gotten pissed off at either the inability to pass another driver due to the smaller roads, the crappier roads in general due to weather, or lack of turning lanes (see smaller roads) causing traffic because 1 guy wants to make a left and there's no shoulder. In that case, red light racing is a way to drain that aggression.