Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-25-2014, 10:46 PM   #15
ticowarbird
BOHIC

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS "Enola"
Yeah I got the trade in back. Had to pay nothing...so they basically leant me the camaro, I enjoyed it though.
Old 06-25-2014, 10:48 PM   #16
pickwithaustin

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible and:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ticowarbird View Post
...sorry to hear about the house, I don't even know what to do in that situation....

I was kidding.

To your situation, if your bank approved you why did you have to give the car back?

2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible | 1980 Corvette Stingray | 1981 Firebird | 1968 El Camino | 2007 Crown Vic Police Interceptor | 2001 Silverado | 2001 Blazer | 1965 Chevy C-10 | 2007 Harley Softail Custom | 2013 MX-5 in Copper Red Mica | 2000 Corvette Convertible | 2010 Corvette Grand Sport | 2006 Audi A3 Turbo | 2008 BMW 328i

pickwithaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 10:55 PM   #17
ticowarbird
BOHIC

The bank approval came after they tried all the other banks. They said they tried every bank possible and Couldn't get anywhere. I called my bank and they wrote the check right there for me to use at any dealership. Doesn't sound like they tried every bank.
Old 06-25-2014, 11:01 PM   #18
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
So go back to the dealer with your trade-in and check and tell them to knock off $1,500 for the Camaro since it's a used car now.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 11:07 PM   #19
tom231

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ohcamaro View Post
wait..so you were able to take a car off the lot before you and the dealership came to terms? I'm really confused here
Why is that confusing? In 2010 a dealer let me take a brand new Ford Explorer Sport Trac home overnight. I didn't sign anything before I took it. All they did was verify my credit before hand.
tom231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 11:17 PM   #20
MLAZ1990

Drives: 2012 black camaro 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ticowarbird View Post
Yeah I got the trade in back. Had to pay nothing...so they basically leant me the camaro, I enjoyed it though.
And your bank won't approve you for that same Camaro?
SLP Loud Mouth 1 Exhaust, K&N CAI, RS Headlights, NightOwl V2 halo kit, ZL1 Grille, Custom 2LS Emblems, Green Footwells, GM GFX splitter, Ace Alloy Convex All Matte Black Wheels(20x9 & 20x10.5) wrapped in Toyo Proxe STII(255/45/20 & 295/40/20)
MLAZ1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 11:35 PM   #21
Egon

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
This is actually quite common with less than reputable dealerships, it’s called the spot delivery scam. The dealer sets everything up says you qualify for whatever great interest rate but does not finalize the financing. Then a week or two later the come back and say the financing fell through and all you qualify for is a much higher rate. To prevent this always know what your credit score is before buying a car and lock up financing before you ever set foot in the dealership. If the dealership can get you a better rate then great but you have a back up if they can’t. And most of all don’t ever take possession of the vehicle until financing is agreed upon and that paperwork has been signed. My guess is the OP signed paperwork but it had a clause “subject to financing approval” in there somewhere. He did the right thing in telling the dealer to pound sand and taking the car back though. You should file a complaint with the BBB and let everyone here know what dealership this was so we can avoid it in the future.
Egon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 11:44 PM   #22
ticowarbird
BOHIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egon View Post
This is actually quite common with less than reputable dealerships, it’s called the spot delivery scam. The dealer sets everything up says you qualify for whatever great interest rate but does not finalize the financing. Then a week or two later the come back and say the financing fell through and all you qualify for is a much higher rate. To prevent this always know what your credit score is before buying a car and lock up financing before you ever set foot in the dealership. If the dealership can get you a better rate then great but you have a back up if they can’t. And most of all don’t ever take possession of the vehicle until financing is agreed upon and that paperwork has been signed. My guess is the OP signed paperwork but it had a clause “subject to financing approval” in there somewhere. He did the right thing in telling the dealer to pound sand and taking the car back though. You should file a complaint with the BBB and let everyone here know what dealership this was so we can avoid it in the future.

Thanks for the info. I didn't know it had a name but now that you explain it it makes a lot more sense. I'd rather not mention the name only to avoid any kind of BS legal fees (they can afford lawyers whereas I like my money right where it is).
Old 06-25-2014, 11:44 PM   #23
5ohcamaro

Drives: 2012 black 1LS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom231 View Post
Why is that confusing? In 2010 a dealer let me take a brand new Ford Explorer Sport Trac home overnight. I didn't sign anything before I took it. All they did was verify my credit before hand.
I guess because i've never heard of it. Ive only ever financed one car out of 9 that ive owned. So I dont have much experience with financing a car through a dealer.
5ohcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 11:49 PM   #24
Storm T
Can't slow down

Drives: 2013 SS Dusk Edition (Insain Bolt)
How can that even be legal? I'd definitely mention the dealer name. They can't do anything just because of that. I don't get what they gain though? Now the idiots have a car back with I bet 1k miles on it that was new? They lost a few thousand for sure.

How many miles did you put on it? I hope a lot. lol
Storm T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 11:56 PM   #25
ticowarbird
BOHIC

yeah about a 1000. the difference between a 2006 Monte Carlo Lt and the 2011 Camaro RS LT2 was HUGE, it even took a while for me to get used to the car I had for 8 years. Just the fact I was able to go faster than 113 was enough for me to want the car. But I'm not buying from the dealership in Sanford, FL anymore and won't name them specifically.
Old 06-26-2014, 12:05 AM   #26
maddoggyusa

Drives: 2013 Camaro Dusk 2SS/6
I think I read your thread when this dilemma started. oh well... sounds like you weren't in love with the car anyhow and got your car back. not a bad deal.
maddoggyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 12:08 AM   #27
rebelyell22

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
If it's the one at "CB" Chevrolet, I would look around. You could get a 2SS for that price with not many more miles if you looked hard enough
Old 06-26-2014, 12:23 AM   #28
Egon

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm T View Post
How can that even be legal? I'd definitely mention the dealer name. They can't do anything just because of that. I don't get what they gain though? Now the idiots have a car back with I bet 1k miles on it that was new? They lost a few thousand for sure.

How many miles did you put on it? I hope a lot. lol
They were probably trying to pressure him into financing with a much higher interest rate, but in the end it bit them in the ass. Serves them right though.
Egon is offline   Reply With Quote