Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 09-23-2010, 12:23 PM   #1
aldaron327
Onward and Upward.

Drives: '13 Equinox LTZ AWD,'09 Silverado
Send a message via MSN to aldaron327 Send a message via Yahoo to aldaron327
Steering Wheel Pad

After searching multiple times and in multiple places, I haven't seen any sort of modification discussion for the steering wheel pad.

Basically what I want to do is to get rid of the "CAMARO" in block letters off the center and either replace it with "Camaro" in cursive script or just have it plain. I've purchased Cursive Camaro emblems ('69 vintage) and SS emblems and have them ready to put on, but am just waiting for some time and maybe some paint (blacking out the tail panel). The thing is, I'd like to carry the theme to the inside of the vehicle as well.

I do realize that removing the "CAMARO" emblem off of the steering wheel pad won't remove the embossing underneath it. As for the modern SS symbols on the headrests, I'm sure I could get replacement covers and then have them custom stitched. Maybe I could cover the steering wheel pad in leather and have that custom stitched or embossed as well. Thoughts? Ideas? Anyone?
MODS: CAI by CAI, Flowmaster American Thunder Cat-Back, DBA 5000 Slotted/Cross-drilled rotors (Front), Hawk HPS Pads, Russell Braided Brake Lines, DBA 4000 Slotted/Cross-drilled rotors (Rear), Barton Short-Throw Shifter, UM Comp Extractor Hood & Gen I Spoiler, custom paint
aldaron327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 03:40 PM   #2
oachalon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
I would be worried about messing with/replacing the camaro on the cover. The cover is made to open a certain way not to affect the airbag. Taking the camaro off might not be a problem, but replacing with a cursive camaro might be. Unless you want camaro in cursive writing backwards on your forehead if you get in a crash, then i would leave it alone. Also leather would be a very bad idea.
oachalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 03:45 PM   #3
aldaron327
Onward and Upward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oachalon View Post
I would be worried about messing with/replacing the camaro on the cover. The cover is made to open a certain way not to affect the airbag. Taking the camaro off might not be a problem, but replacing with a cursive camaro might be. Unless you want camaro in cursive writing backwards on your forehead if you get in a crash, then i would leave it alone.
Yeah, I started thinking about that too. Of course, how cool would I be to have a cursive CAMARO branded backwards on my forehead?! Like school on a Saturday.... No Class!
MODS: CAI by CAI, Flowmaster American Thunder Cat-Back, DBA 5000 Slotted/Cross-drilled rotors (Front), Hawk HPS Pads, Russell Braided Brake Lines, DBA 4000 Slotted/Cross-drilled rotors (Rear), Barton Short-Throw Shifter, UM Comp Extractor Hood & Gen I Spoiler, custom paint
Old 09-23-2010, 04:12 PM   #4
tjd24
Thank you Oshawa/St.Cats!

Drives: was 2010 2LT RS 2G1FC1EV4A9103434
I agree we shouldn't be messing around with the steering wheel pad given the airbag.

Consider what I did - add the '69 Camaro script emblems to your dash trim and doors. As the passenger air bag comes out from the top of the dash there is no risk of placing an emblem on the trim piece.

I got mine from Ground-Up - http://www.ss396.com/mm5/merchant.mv...ORPANELEMBLEMS $21.95 gets you two - saw off the pins, sand down the nub and apply 3M tape - easy mod.
Attached Images

#3434 Born 4-15-2009, Delivered 5-22-2009 BBOMG 2/3/4 - Traded-in 8/31/2019:
tjd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 07:18 PM   #5
aldaron327
Onward and Upward.

Nice Mod! I've got my emblems for the outside, and I think on the trim, yours looks good. I was just wanting to carry my whole theme throughout the vehicle, i.e. remove all of the block CAMARO script and the new style SS emblems. I'll post pics of my exterior when I finally get everything the way I want it. I have to actually get a quote on paint for what I want. Since I have a SW, I think it would look just KILLER with the tail panel being flat black and then having a couple flat black hood spears and having the fascia blacked out too. The rest will be old-school Camaro script and SS emblems.
Old 09-23-2010, 07:22 PM   #6
Indpowr
Account Suspended

Drives: Corvette C6
I like this one....

Indpowr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 07:45 PM   #7
aldaron327
Onward and Upward.

that is sheer BADASSERY!!! (TM... not to be used without my permission.. hehe) Where can I find something like that but in the size of the '69 Emblems since that's what I already have?