Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-16-2009, 11:40 PM   #1
bob2the2nd

Drives: CGM 2LT RS
stories of the day 2 camaro related :)

So through out work today (like im sure most of you) i spent all day glued to this site and the new camaro website so pretty much everyone knew something was up today with the car

Story one starts off with one of the guys I work with just bought a new lancer and has been going on and on about how much he loves the car and he has about 2500 dollars worth of mods in the 2 months he has had it etc etc. So he tells me all of the time how I should just go out and by a new car and not wait for the camaro and how it will never get built. then he tells me he sees them all of the time out on the road and tells me Im obviously not that into the car because i dont see them (we figured out what he was really seeing was challengers). So finally today with the new website out I send him a link and after about 30 minutes playing around on it he comes by and asks "do you think i could trade in my lancer in a year and get a camaro? it has more horsepower and better gas mileage than my car"

Then around 2 this afternoon one of the other guys in the building walks by and sees my poster I got as a thank you package posted on the side of my cube and says "oh yeah ive seen one of those". Well like i said i have people telling me they see them all the time so im only half paying attention and then the guy says "yeah i saw it while they were doing high heat climate testing out in Arizona." at this point my head just jerks around to the guy. So we spend the next 10 minutes talking about the car and he tells me about all of the testing he saw them doing, it was awesome, too bad he didnt have pictures. Buit finally i finished up and told him that the V6 gets 29 MPG on the highway and he says "and it still has over 300 HP, right?" "you better believe it" "hmm.... i might have to look into getting one of those"

final story of the day non camaro related. I live with 2 other guys and we go over to this 4th guys house to lift weights every other night or so. Luckily tonight it wasnt my turn to drive as about half way through lifting we get a knock at the door. Turns out some dumbass kid (couldnt have been older than 18) parked his manual truck up the hill on the side of the road from where we parked and he decided to just leave the truck in first gear and not use the emergency break lets just say I dont think the honda fit did to well in crash testing.. because um.. DAMN it now looks like a stepped on bug with both head lights popped out to the side and hood pushed all the way back exposing the engine. personally i think it was karma for the guy buying a honda fit but i didnt say that.... well at least not yet
bob2the2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 11:45 PM   #2
jeffny09

Drives: 2010 camaro
Send a message via AIM to jeffny09 Send a message via Yahoo to jeffny09
cool

10. A manual transmission is the ultimate in control
9. You can use automotive jargon and not sound like a total tool
8. You can't spell "manual" without "man"
7. Manual transmissions prove you can do more than one thing at a time
6. You can't drift in an auto
5. You can't pull fancy moves in an automatic
4. You get better fuel economy with a stick
3. You’ll never look like a chump if you can drive stick
2. Manual transmission cars are faster
1. Women like a guy who is good with his hands.

jeffny09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 12:39 AM   #3
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
lol i hate hondas
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 12:42 AM   #4
Camarino
DrIvE iT LiKe Ya STOLE It

Drives: 2005 Mustang, '68 Camaro Z28
lmao, friggin hysterical day nice
Old 03-17-2009, 12:44 AM   #5
cam2fst4u

Drives: 08 SS trailblazer,08 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to cam2fst4u
cool story

Well another story(not funny, to me anyway) The dealer that I go to said that they only had 3 allocations. 2 were going to be the v6 and the other v8. They were taking a $2500 deposit to order it the way you wanted. No body had come in to order. I didn't/dont have the extra cash to put down but I told them that If they didn't get the deposit let me option it out like i would want it and even if when it came in i wasn't able to get it, its not like it was going to sit for very long. So tomorrow was the day that GM was picking up their order. This evening the salesman texts me "we got deposit" I called him up and he told me that this guy put the deposit up left the car identical to what i wanted and when it comes in no PDI (well they are going to check the fluids but thats it) and he doesn't want to drive it. He wants them to bring it to his garage on a roll back? These cars are meant to be driven not put in a garage with a cover over them.sorry if it comes off as a rant and I know its his money but still............

Oh well.....One day

Last edited by cam2fst4u; 03-17-2009 at 12:59 AM.
cam2fst4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 12:50 AM   #6
Gentry78
HOOK'EM

Drives: 97 c1500/92 olds
funny story
Gentry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 12:53 AM   #7
MAROobsession

Drives: 05 Honda Accord V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
lol i hate hondas
i'll still love my honda. until i drive off the lot in a SS
Old 03-17-2009, 01:10 AM   #8
New2010CamaroLover

Drives: 2015 Ashen Grey Metallic 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAROobsession View Post
i'll still love my honda. until i drive off the lot in a SS
Mine has been nothing but good to me, i haven't had to do anything to it other than change oil, tires, brakes and windshield wipers in 5 years....... BUT, i will soon forget alllll about that when i drive away in my SS/RS
Old 03-17-2009, 09:25 PM   #9
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
I got absolutely nothing done at work today. I spent all day catching up and filling people in on what I saw and heard in Oshawa yesterday.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote