Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-13-2009, 10:56 AM   #43
1982camaro

Drives: 1982 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi1922 View Post
but some of us arent that patient!

true. I dont have the money this year, so it works out for me.

but, i say go for it if you can get it now.
1982camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 10:59 AM   #44
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper612 View Post

About 10% of the time I have to press the lock button about 10 times before the car will lock.
same problem with my mustang

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 11:09 AM   #45
2010SSRS

Drives: 2000 Silverado
bottom line is they HAVE TO (and will) FIX IT........so don't get used to using the key.

2nd, i'm sure there will be firmware updates as both Camaro and the electronic devices you want to use in your Camaro constantly evolve.

3rd, sounds like the "muscle car" part of your investment works just fine. if anyone here thought for 1 second that there would be no glitches with a 1st MODEL YEAR DESIGN, you shouldn't have bought it, ordered it or even considered it.

repeat after me........."it will be ok".

VR 2SSRS LS3 - Borla, SLP CAI
2010SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 11:18 AM   #46
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
For the lock/unlock issues, I'm fairly certain Fbodfather is right. Either a bad battery or a bad connection. I'm having the same issue with my fob, but its been a while that I've had it so I'm pretty sure its a battery thing. I've had family members have this same problem too. Bad batteries sometimes happen...

With the ipod, are you sure that isn't the ipod's fault? My last ipod froze and crashed all the time. My new Touch doesn't.....yet. Check for a software update, or try a software restore. Or just accept that Apple products crash and freeze too, and all the hype to the contrary is wrong.

And for bluetooth, I have a real simple solution for you. Hang up and drive. You are in absolute control of a 2 ton speeding missile of death, and anything other than your complete attention to the operation of said missile is nothing other than criminal negligence. No sane workplace would let someone talk on their phone while operating a dangerous machine. Why should cars be any different? I don't care if you're not using your hands, you're still distracted and a danger to every other person on the road.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
shining at the end of every day
Just a dream away
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 12:03 PM   #47
viper612

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
I tried both fobs that came with the car, same issue. I'll replace the battery and see what happens.

Tried 2 different ipods and an iphone and 2 USB memory sticks, all have issues.

Using your bluetooth logic, I shouldn't speak to others traveling in the car either?
viper612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 12:10 PM   #48
bballr4567

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT M6
I have an 09 Malibu LTZ with the bluetooth and when using it with our Blackberry Storm it doesnt have any problems. However, there have been a few phones that do have an issue with it and GM has put out about 2 or 3 updates to fix it. Basically, its just a software problem. There is no way they can test every single phone to see if they work and so on.

As for the USB stick with MP3s, check to see if they are in the right format for the car.
bballr4567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 01:20 PM   #49
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Hmmmm...can't speak to the Blue-tooth and Ipod issue -- I haven't used those features yet. (I'm not the most technical kinda guy..)

The remote fob sounds like you may need either a new battery or perhaps one of the leads is not making contact.....I'd open it and take a look at the battery leads -- if not, take it to your dealer and have them replace it.

I've not had problems with the sunroof as I kinda like the 'express open' feature.
Hey Scott!!! Can Thor come live with me for a while here in Colorado. I could take him to Pikes Peak to give him a nice view and see how he likes the altitude. There are also a lot of long open strectches of road that he could open up and run on and be the true conqourer he is.. He would have so much fun here. I promise I would send him home just as soon as his younger brother gets here.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:42 PM   #50
viper612

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Seems odd that the bluetooth would have issues, the $39 bluetooth speaker phone from Costco and my wifes Lexus work without an issue.

The USB is formatted FAT32, the songs play, just need to re-index each time you start the car, and have to remove and re-insert each time you start the car.

I have setup a service call for the car, I'll see what they say, I have hoping the "BDM" theory works.

Thanks.

-Travis
viper612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 01:45 PM   #51
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper612 View Post
Using your bluetooth logic, I shouldn't speak to others traveling in the car either?
Others in the car can be extra sets of eyes and should also be aware of when to shut up - during lane changes, adverse weather, etc. If they don't, then yes don't let them distract you.

shining at the end of every day
Just a dream away
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 01:45 PM   #52
Krieger

Drives: American Cars
I doubt this is the same, but maybe they have a similar routine for the 5th gen? I've done the hold both for 5 seconds bit and it worked well on my Trans Am, but again the 2010 may have something totally different.

On the 4th Gens there was a routine to re-sync the fob to the car:
"Your keyless entry system could need to be reprogrammed or could be out of sync with the Body Control Module.Re-synchronizing the transmitter is as simple as pressing the "lock" and "unlock' buttons on the transmitter at the same time for 5 seconds.Programming the BCM is as follows-turn the ignition switch to the off position-remove the RADIO fuse (under dash fuse box)-cycle the ign. switch from OFF to RUN 3 times within 5 seconds until the door locks ,and thehatch release,cycle indicating the BCM is in programming mode-leave the IGN switch in the RUN position.-step 4-pressboth the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on transmitter for up to 16 seconds.-Door locks will cycle once confirming that the tranmitter code is programming.--door locks must cycle completely to unlock before proceeding.--any transmitter code that was previously programmed has been erased.--BCM is now programmed to transmitter--(if matching a second transmitter,repeat step 4 .)-ignition switch to OFF.RADIO fuse to fuse block.The system is like a computer w/o a keyboard and that's how you enter it and program it.Otherwise the transmitter could be defective but it sounds like it's out of synch."
Old 05-13-2009, 06:39 PM   #53
camarossrs2150

Drives: abm2ssrs
could be loose nut behind the wheel
camarossrs2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 06:48 PM   #54
NickPic

Drives: 2006 GMC Sierra 1500HD
how bout u send the car to me and i will check all these problems out for you. i give it back to u shortly after i buy mine
06 gmc sierra 1500HD: w/ 6.0, K&N CAI, air raid TBS, pacesetter ceramic coated LT headers, magnaflow X-pipe, SLP loudmouth I resonators, gibson 4' tips, blackbear custom tune, 20 inch rims, bfg 33" tires, 2-10" mtx subs, 2000 watt audiobahn amp, 10 farad tsunami cap, HID's, air horns etc......

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3103872

slp tuned diablo programmer for sale. pm me for info.

06 pontiac G6 GT: bone stock except hid's
NickPic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 06:52 PM   #55
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
And Waiting..........
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 10:50 PM   #56
ravensjeff
100% Chevy & Harley Man

Drives: 2010 2SS: Blown LSX 376-B15
I hope the USB flashdrive issues are isolated. I planned on using a [full of rock] 32 GB unit. That would take hours to index. I had planned on leaving it inserted all the time to avoid it having to index all the time.

My 08 SS Impala's 6CD changer remembers the CD songs on all cd's even after the car is restarted. Only when taking the CD out of the head unit-and then reinserting it, is when it needed to re-index. I had mp3 cd's[each had 150 or so songs on each of them] and it took about 5 minutes for one of them to index. The radio actually came on during the process- like the head unit knew it was gonna take awhile so it played some tunes while you waited!!
ravensjeff is offline   Reply With Quote