Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 08-22-2010, 06:32 PM   #407
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
SWEET!! (on both the impending dyno and the terror ride!)
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 06:36 PM   #408
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
SWEET!! (on both the impending dyno and the terror ride!)

And I hope IPS gets your "upgrades" installed soon. That will be some good video. Burnout footage is encouraged...
Old 08-22-2010, 06:46 PM   #409
jrpxxii

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 427ci
Short block got machined last week, should have it finished by end of week and shipped to Cincy Speed. F1-R is there awaiting its new mate. Still trying to decide on intake and some other issues but as you say "closer" is the best term at this time as once Cincy Speed gets it and does their thing, its then off to Craig at Extreme as he ordered me the coil overs you have and is doing a full cage and then figuring out what we are doing with trans. Still waiting on Chris for the 9" and driveshaft setup. So after typing all of that, I think it keeps getting farther away, rather than "closer", but its going to be a great build for me and should be a lot of fun.
Old 08-22-2010, 08:27 PM   #410
speedster
SST...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrpxxii View Post
Short block got machined last week, should have it finished by end of week and shipped to Cincy Speed. F1-R is there awaiting its new mate. Still trying to decide on intake and some other issues but as you say "closer" is the best term at this time as once Cincy Speed gets it and does their thing, its then off to Craig at Extreme as he ordered me the coil overs you have and is doing a full cage and then figuring out what we are doing with trans. Still waiting on Chris for the 9" and driveshaft setup. So after typing all of that, I think it keeps getting farther away, rather than "closer", but its going to be a great build for me and should be a lot of fun.
Great build for you? Great build for you? What are you, nuts?
That's a great build for the Camaro and everyone here. You gotta post some updated pics to your member journal...
Old 08-22-2010, 10:05 PM   #411
jrpxxii

Awating some pics of engine build and forwarding to Craig as he is going to do a full journal from start to finish as well, so hopefully have a new thread up this week as the ball starts its downhill momentum towards the finish line.
Old 08-23-2010, 08:47 AM   #412
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Quote:
Awating some pics of engine build and forwarding to Craig as he is going to do a full journal from start to finish as well, so hopefully have a new thread up this week as the ball starts its downhill momentum towards the finish line.
There"s a finish line? Everytime I think I have everything lined up to "finish" my car, something new comes along to tempt me.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 08:47 AM   #413
speedster
SST...

Quote:
..or over a cliff...lol
Nothing like the acceleration of gravity.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:04 AM   #414
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Drives: 2014 CTS-V Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
No true ETA yet other than "closer". Should be close to dyno time this week or next at the latest (famous last words).

Oh, I am sure we can go for a good (but safe) terror ride someday.
WadeWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 02:49 PM   #415
jrpxxii

Quote:
..or over a cliff...lol
Nothing like the acceleration of gravity.
....I might just have to get me one of those nifty little chutes like you Speedster, you know, to make the landing a little less damaging......
Old 08-23-2010, 03:24 PM   #416
speedster
SST...

Quote:
....I might just have to get me one of those nifty little chutes like you Speedster, you know, to make the landing a little less damaging......

Ha. Needing one is a good thing. Just make sure you pull the chute AT THE END of the run. Looks bad when it pops out leaving the line... Unless your are pulling a monster wheelie...
Old 08-25-2010, 06:01 PM   #417
speedster
SST...

Heading South down I75. Just passed SGMP and then Valdosta. Makes me wish it was April all over again and look over and see all those Camaros at C5Fest. It is pretty out here tonight, but need that Camaro eye candy.

Just got some updates on the SST. Will post some pics. The fabrication on this mod is wicked. You'll know what I mean when you see the pics. It's not the most glamorous, but it is neat engineering and fits with the goal of LOOKING stock...
Old 08-25-2010, 09:55 PM   #418
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Heading South down I75. Just passed SGMP and then Valdosta. Makes me wish it was April all over again and look over and see all those Camaros at C5Fest. It is pretty out here tonight, but need that Camaro eye candy.

Just got some updates on the SST. Will post some pics. The fabrication on this mod is wicked. You'll know what I mean when you see the pics. It's not the most glamorous, but it is neat engineering and fits with the goal of LOOKING stock...
Telescoping wheelie bars?
Old 08-25-2010, 10:25 PM   #419
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
Telescoping wheelie bars?

Hideaway wheelie bars...... lmao.......that would be cool.
Old 08-26-2010, 08:11 AM   #420
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post

Hideaway wheelie bars...... lmao.......that would be cool.
It really would! What's funny tho, most peoples response would be, "That's just insane!" Speedster might say, "Hey! How did you guess?"

Tags
engine psi > tire psi, f5....., holy crap!, horsepower, omgwtfbbqsaucepowa!!!, speedster, sst, turbo