Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 10-30-2010, 03:35 PM   #365
mrray13

Drives: 2010 1LT RS Rally Yellow
Can't wait to see the .308. Too bad you wasted money on that Kimber. They'll never see another dollar of mine. Of course, you probably don't have the standard finish, so it won;t rust 6 months after getting it, then have customer service tell you your warranty expired before you ever bought the gun!

It's all good though, that Kimber helped me get the 1961 Colt Python that's sitting in it's place. And that Python is a helluva lot finer then any Kimber! (sorry about the rant)
Old 11-02-2010, 01:42 PM   #366
Edge.128

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
Hey guys I know nothing about guns but I really like the FN P90. have any of you used it and do you like it at all? thanks

Edge.128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 03:38 PM   #367
VASCAR2

Drives: 94 Camaro, 10 1LT IBM Camaro
I have a friend who has a PS 90 (civilian version) and it handles very well but I would rather own one that has the short (less than 16") barrel like the military/LE PDW (personal defense weapon) P 90 model. My son in law has an AR -57 which fires the same 5.7 X 28 MM cartridge and uses the same top mounted magazine on an AR-15 upper/lower. The ejection is through the lowers mag well and he uses an empty gutless 20 round mag for a brass catcher. With a collapsible stock this is just about as handy as the PS 90 with 16" barrel. I like the FN 57 pistol in this caliber but haven't actually shot one even though my buddy who owns the PS 90 carbine also owns the pistol. I know the cartridge has very light recoil and shoots flat but I'm a little leery of the ballistics which are a little better than the 22 mag with civilian ammo. I know the shooter in Ft Hood used a pistol in the 5.7 X 28 MM cartridge and the mags hold 20 rounds IIRC. I think in an AR size package I'd just as soon have 5.56/223 or larger caliber like 6.8 or 6.5G. I see the purpose for the PDW but unless I was on airport security where I wanted something smaller and lighter than the typical sub machine gun to back up my pistol it might be OK.
VASCAR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 02:58 PM   #368
Scrappy Doo

Drives: Callaway Rogue
Just thought i would wish all my fellow deer hunters good luck this weekend!
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 03:09 PM   #369
ORANGA2D

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS M6
@monstertodd

Like the 1911, thats one that is on the top of my list to get... that whole mods or guns thing makes it hard tho...lol
ORANGA2D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 05:54 PM   #370
helmincamaro
Official Lounge BAMF

Drives: '97 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to helmincamaro Send a message via Yahoo to helmincamaro
Happy Halloween

Disposed of the last pumpkin today..... 450 grain Total metal jacketed .50 caliber vs a jack-o-lantern

not much damage to the front.....

but check out the back! (and the tree that was behind it)

helmincamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 07:24 PM   #371
GSUNCSU
Watch This!

Drives: Super Charged 1SS/RS, M6, CGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VASCAR2 View Post
I have a friend who has a PS 90 (civilian version) and it handles very well but I would rather own one that has the short (less than 16") barrel like the military/LE PDW (personal defense weapon) P 90 model. My son in law has an AR -57 which fires the same 5.7 X 28 MM cartridge and uses the same top mounted magazine on an AR-15 upper/lower. The ejection is through the lowers mag well and he uses an empty gutless 20 round mag for a brass catcher. With a collapsible stock this is just about as handy as the PS 90 with 16" barrel. I like the FN 57 pistol in this caliber but haven't actually shot one even though my buddy who owns the PS 90 carbine also owns the pistol. I know the cartridge has very light recoil and shoots flat but I'm a little leery of the ballistics which are a little better than the 22 mag with civilian ammo. I know the shooter in Ft Hood used a pistol in the 5.7 X 28 MM cartridge and the mags hold 20 rounds IIRC. I think in an AR size package I'd just as soon have 5.56/223 or larger caliber like 6.8 or 6.5G. I see the purpose for the PDW but unless I was on airport security where I wanted something smaller and lighter than the typical sub machine gun to back up my pistol it might be OK.
I have the FN FiveSeven Pistol and its really nice I have the magazine extender to 30 rounds, still pretty light and nimble
Attached Images

K&N CAI, Wet Okole Seat Covers, MagnaFlow Street Perf. Ex. (Axle Back), MPD Hood, Gary's Customz ZL1 Fascia/Vented Fenders/Custom Stripes/Paint, AAC Afterburners/Fog Light Halos/Side Markers/Misc LEDs, Bee-Otch Air Freshener, Hurst Shifter and Line-Loc(APEX), RPI Splash Guards, MagnaCharger (Texas-Speed)(Installed by ME), Rx Catch Can and Breather, Billet Pulleys (SC2150), ARH Headers, LPE Twin Fuel Pump, Custom Blower Cam, Custom Tune TBArwhp, TBArwtorq, Boost Gauge and Single Pod (MTI)
GSUNCSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 07:50 PM   #372
VASCAR2

Man now that muzzle flash reminds me of a hot 125 grain JHP out of 4" revolver. I wish I had a 5.7 pistol to play around with but just a little to rich for my blood considering all the other hardware I have. I even sold my Glock 35 because I rarely shot it and usually carry my Glock 27 in civilian clothes and a Glock 22 in uniform. I bought a Glock 17 frame and my Advantage Arms 22 conversion lives on there. I shoot the AA conversion kits on my Glocks and 1911 more than any other pistols I own. I also shoot a dedicated 22 AR set up like my duty rifle. I shoot a lot of rimfire but not near as much centerfire as I did years ago.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:29 AM   #373
GSUNCSU
Watch This!

Drives: Super Charged 1SS/RS, M6, CGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VASCAR2 View Post
Man now that muzzle flash reminds me of a hot 125 grain JHP out of 4" revolver. I wish I had a 5.7 pistol to play around with but just a little to rich for my blood considering all the other hardware I have. I even sold my Glock 35 because I rarely shot it and usually carry my Glock 27 in civilian clothes and a Glock 22 in uniform. I bought a Glock 17 frame and my Advantage Arms 22 conversion lives on there. I shoot the AA conversion kits on my Glocks and 1911 more than any other pistols I own. I also shoot a dedicated 22 AR set up like my duty rifle. I shoot a lot of rimfire but not near as much centerfire as I did years ago.
The FiveSeven definitely ain't cheap to shoot with rounds at $20/50 rd. box, you'll notice there is a couple of .22LR magazines on the table, I have a Walther P22 that put the most rounds through, and I have a Browning HiPower 9mm (made also by FN for Browning) that sees alot of rounds. My North American Arms .22LR 5-shot folding (give me three steps) pistol is also on the table, that goes with me everywhere and is pretty accurate up to about 7m after that the bullet tumbles, etc. Seems there are some nice weapons in this thread. Shoot'em and clean'em and they will be there when you need them.
K&N CAI, Wet Okole Seat Covers, MagnaFlow Street Perf. Ex. (Axle Back), MPD Hood, Gary's Customz ZL1 Fascia/Vented Fenders/Custom Stripes/Paint, AAC Afterburners/Fog Light Halos/Side Markers/Misc LEDs, Bee-Otch Air Freshener, Hurst Shifter and Line-Loc(APEX), RPI Splash Guards, MagnaCharger (Texas-Speed)(Installed by ME), Rx Catch Can and Breather, Billet Pulleys (SC2150), ARH Headers, LPE Twin Fuel Pump, Custom Blower Cam, Custom Tune TBArwhp, TBArwtorq, Boost Gauge and Single Pod (MTI)
GSUNCSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 11:53 PM   #374
lordfriday2
Proud Owner!

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS
Send a message via AIM to lordfriday2
anyone played with or bought the new springfield xdM .45? interested in opinions...
lordfriday2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 08:11 PM   #375
metalemt
Urban Ninja

Drives: 2SS/RS CGM A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSUNCSU View Post
The FiveSeven definitely ain't cheap to shoot with rounds at $20/50 rd. box, you'll notice there is a couple of .22LR magazines on the table, I have a Walther P22 that put the most rounds through, and I have a Browning HiPower 9mm (made also by FN for Browning) that sees alot of rounds. My North American Arms .22LR 5-shot folding (give me three steps) pistol is also on the table, that goes with me everywhere and is pretty accurate up to about 7m after that the bullet tumbles, etc. Seems there are some nice weapons in this thread. Shoot'em and clean'em and they will be there when you need them.
$50 for 5.7?? Wow, I have a FiveSeven the most I've ever paid is $30 a box, I recently got 300 rds for 17 a box. I carry it as one of my back ups. The gun itself is amazing, super light weight, fully loaded with a 20 rd mag it weighs less than my 17C unloaded.
metalemt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 08:12 PM   #376
metalemt
Urban Ninja

Drives: 2SS/RS CGM A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSUNCSU View Post
I have the FN FiveSeven Pistol and its really nice I have the magazine extender to 30 rounds, still pretty light and nimble
Love the flame burst out of it.
metalemt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 01:09 AM   #377
SSRich

Drives: 1967 camaroSS
i have been around guns my whole life but mostly normal guns. Do you have to have a special licenses to have like military guns?
SSRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 01:32 PM   #378
VASCAR2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSRich View Post
i have been around guns my whole life but mostly normal guns. Do you have to have a special licenses to have like military guns?
Not unless they are full auto or have short barrels less than 16" then ATF calls them short barreled rifles (SBR). Some states restrict magazine capacity like in NY. I think WW II style rifles like M1 Garand and 1903a3 Springfield wouldn't be a problem most any where. The original 30 caliber M-1 Carbine had a 15 round detachable box magazine then a 30 round mag was developed for the full auto M-2 Carbine. Some states that still have the assault weapon ban may restrict you from having a flash hider or collapseable stock on guns like AR 15. Best to check local laws before buying weapons referred to as assault weapon (AR-15 AK 47 style). True definition of an assault weapon is selective fire but congress does what ever they want to try and label something. Their ineptness just makes things that much more confusing for the honest citizen. Real criminals do whatever they want and disregard almost all laws and could care less whether their illegal machine gun has a flash hider or short barrel.

Tags
camaro gun