Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 11-16-2012, 04:37 AM   #15
SleepWarz
Banned

Drives: 1991 New Yorker, 69 Tbird, ABM2SSRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
Well, then I guess the different car makers would just have to put in the effort to make their cars more competative each year. The consumers would then benefit thanks to the constant improvements!

It's a WIN-WIN for everyone! (Except if you hate internal combustion engines)
I completely agree. Nascar as it stands completely limits innovation and advancement. Racing is about speed, and innovation.

If they are going to keep the stickerbody cars they need to pump the speed towards 300mph and angle the shit out of those highside banks. Nascar MIGHT be worth watching then.

The problem with the commentators is that they are trying to make paint drying sound like it takes an immense amount of skill and it really drags on with the 8 hours of nascar with no racing. There is only so much those idiots can say before they are repeating themselves.
SleepWarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:55 AM   #16
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
This year has been much better and the chase has been very exciting and close to me. I was very lucky to do the Richard Petty driving experience last week and I can tell you that it gave me a new aprecition for what those guys do week after week. I'll admit, it not what it was 20 years ago ,but I'm still a fan for life.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:50 AM   #17
SS 376

Drives: 2010 IBM 1SS (Former)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drummer5679 View Post
much prefer watching the continental tire sports car series or austrailian v8 supercars, nascar to me seems like wrestling as its mostly just for show. I also can't stand to listen to the drivers and commentators speak it's like nails on a chalkboard.
I'd watch a lot more NASCAR if it were more like Australia's V8 Supercars. I respect the fact NASCAR isn't something any old Joe Blow can jump in and do well but I think the problem is that NASCAR races are too long, too expensive and just plain boring. And then there's Jimmie Johnson...
SS 376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:57 AM   #18
its a syn
B.O.D. 02/16/10

Drives: 2010 SGM Sp. Edition 2017 RS Conver
Go to more 50-100 lap shootouts and have legal wagering like horse racing. Just a thought
Old 11-16-2012, 10:05 AM   #19
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Simple solution - put in some damn RIGHT turns to shake things up, make it a true drivers race instead of one of top speed endurance.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:04 PM   #20
GMTool
MY SS is SOLD

Drives: AGM 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
TV ratings and ticket sales. Nascar needs a change. One thing I like about this sport is that it can and does change. It changes with the times. I would like to see it turn more team oriented. Not so much driver oriented. A team with more than one driver. Maybe like 3 drivers for one team. Superspeedway, short track, road coarse, who's the best driver for the track. Yes and have more road coarse races. When the TV hype calls a race car driver a hero, that makes me barf. And I also think that ESPN stinks. It used to be real good back in the 90's. Just some crazy thoughts of mine.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:35 PM   #21
2010SS2SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 2SS
Drop the prices, don't require loyal attendees to buy tickets they don't want or need, get rid of the chase and go back to racing for points all season.
Nascar has gone to mainstream and gotten lazy, requiring you to buy tickets to lower level racing to in an attempt to increase crowds at those races is STUPID.
2010SS2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:49 PM   #22
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokinarrow View Post
Simple solution - put in some damn RIGHT turns to shake things up, make it a true drivers race instead of one of top speed endurance.
They've got a couple road races each year and there is talk of adding a 3rd. Some fans like them, others find it horrendously boring since passing is extremely difficult on those tracks, among other problems. I've had an idea for a bit of a compromise though: a kinda boomerang shaped track. Make it roughly 2 miles in length, have high banks in the 'main' turns at the two ends, then moderate banking at the 'mid turns'. It would be far more interesting than adding another mile and a half oval to the series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMTool View Post
TV ratings and ticket sales. Nascar needs a change. One thing I like about this sport is that it can and does change. It changes with the times. I would like to see it turn more team oriented. Not so much driver oriented. A team with more than one driver. Maybe like 3 drivers for one team. Superspeedway, short track, road coarse, who's the best driver for the track. Yes and have more road coarse races. When the TV hype calls a race car driver a hero, that makes me barf. And I also think that ESPN stinks. It used to be real good back in the 90's. Just some crazy thoughts of mine.
Most teams have at least 2 drivers, the majority have 3 and the top ones have 4.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:12 PM   #23
SimpleGreen

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS
I watch it now and again. It could use some work. A good ole fashioned almost ass kicking that nearly happened at Phoenix was refreshing. And atleast they finally figured out how to fuel inject those engines. I mean, it's only 2012...
SimpleGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:20 PM   #24
GMTool
MY SS is SOLD

Drives: AGM 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMTool View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Most teams have at least 2 drivers, the majority have 3 and the top ones have 4.
That's not what I meant. I know that a team like R. Hendrick has 4 drivers and cars. I was meaning one car has say maybe 3 drivers for that one car.
For example, if the #18 car had 3 different drivers, the crew chief and owner decide which driver drives for whatever track. Some may say, why would a car like the 48 want to do that when they dominate so much as it is. Well maybe they wouldn't dominate so much if other cars were putting different drivers in their cars. Maybe Nascar would be a little less boring if the same drivers did not drive every week. I know this is a far fetched idea, but what the heck.
Old 11-16-2012, 08:52 PM   #25
King Sun
Casual Camaro Owner

Drives: 2010 Black LS V6
tbh they need to do a better job at explaining whats going on for new people to watch. I try to watch but I have no clue of whats going on and the commentators don't do a good job at that.
King Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:13 PM   #26
JJ#48Racing

Drives: 1998 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SS2SS View Post
Nascar has gone to mainstream and gotten lazy, requiring you to buy tickets to lower level racing to in an attempt to increase crowds at those races is STUPID.
Where do they do this? I've been to Sprint Cup races at Daytona, Atlanta, Phoenix, and Chicago. Never have I been required to buy a Nationwide or Truck series ticket with my Sprint Cup ticket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
I've had an idea for a bit of a compromise though: a kinda boomerang shaped track. Make it roughly 2 miles in length, have high banks in the 'main' turns at the two ends, then moderate banking at the 'mid turns'. It would be far more interesting than adding another mile and a half oval to the series.
I've had the same idea for a while. I've always thought a 1.5-2 mile kidney shaped track would be awesome. Take a typical tri-oval, but pull the backstretch in, making it a moderate right hander.
JJ#48Racing is offline   Reply With Quote