Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 08-26-2011, 12:30 PM   #869
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Cool deal, Good luck tonight and there are some amazing cars in your neck of the woods... Love the Dub shots...
Cool.

Old 08-28-2011, 11:47 PM   #870
Merc
In The Circle

Went to take the Bogarts off Pumpkin to night after work cause I just put Pumpkin in the shop after Friday Night Street Legals cause it was late by the time I was finished. Little did I know the lugs nuts that came with the Bogarts were cheap crap. Had two lug nuts strip in the socket. Had to pound a smaller 12 point socket on to remove them. Anbody know who makes a high quality lug nut?

Old 09-02-2011, 03:54 PM   #871
Merc
In The Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
I know you will, but please get some video of the runs.

So, inquiring minds want to know, what did Bobs Driveline have to say...
Pumpkin only ran 50's and 60's, DA sucked, hot and humid. Headed back out on Sept 16th. Going to make a big air pressure change on the Hoosier's from 18 to 24 psi in an attempt to spin the slick's a bit. Just a bit too much bite for my horse power. We might get a chance for some track time at MRP with the Porshe club on the Sept 8th. Waiting to find out if they will let Rickerbucks and me come out and play with them. Should have some video from that day if we go and play got a bid in on a second Gopro.

After Labour Day I will be giving Ted a call to line up posi kit and billet cap's. Just waiting to hear from Frank at DSS on the AAM gears. Apparently DSS is becoming a AAM dealer soon. Those 3:91 gears will sure help my cause. Not sure if it will happen this season though. Got to start some where. Pumpkin stiil has to go to dealer the re-do tranny. They should have just re-placed the tranny last year instead of fixing it.

Last edited by Merc; 09-02-2011 at 04:18 PM.
Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 05:13 PM   #872
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercuryman View Post
Pumpkin only ran 50's and 60's, DA sucked, hot and humid. Headed back out on Sept 16th. Going to make a big air pressure change on the Hoosier's from 18 to 24 psi in an attempt to spin the slick's a bit. Just a bit too much bite for my horse power. We might get a chance for some track time at MRP with the Porshe club on the Sept 8th. Waiting to find out if they will let Rickerbucks and me come out and play with them. Should have some video from that day if we go and play got a bid in on a second Gopro.

After Labour Day I will be giving Ted a call to line up posi kit and billet cap's. Just waiting to hear from Frank at DSS on the AAM gears. Apparently DSS is becoming a AAM dealer soon. Those 3:91 gears will sure help my cause. Not sure if it will happen this season though. Got to start some where. Pumpkin stiil has to go to dealer the re-do tranny. They should have just re-placed the tranny last year instead of fixing it.

Hey Merc -

You got to run it and have fun so that is cool... Sorry to hear about the lugs, but glad you caught it before you lost a wheel. That would have sucked.

Your car will be a monster with the 3.91's
Old 09-02-2011, 08:13 PM   #873
Merc
In The Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
Hey Merc -

You got to run it and have fun so that is cool... Sorry to hear about the lugs, but glad you caught it before you lost a wheel. That would have sucked.

Your car will be a monster with the 3.91's
Thx Bud. Yep I had a big lump in my throat when I spun the lug nut. The olds ones are gone with the last garbage pick-up. New ones are on the way. Up the tire pressure and lower the MSD shift light and see what happens.

Old 09-02-2011, 08:15 PM   #874
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
Thx Bud. Yep I had a big lump in my throat when I spun the lug nut. The olds ones are gone with the last garbage pick-up. New ones are on the way. Up the tire pressure and lower the MSD shift light and see what happens.

Did it hurt the threads on the axle studs at all ?
Old 09-02-2011, 08:25 PM   #875
Merc
In The Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
Did it hurt the threads on the axle studs at all ?
Nope. Smashed on a smaller 12 point socket and spun it off. They were a short lug and once the chrome flaked off the nut they were done. I had already looked at them and considered replacing them. I replaced them with some long forged aluminum racing lug nuts. A touch of never seize and it will be all good. Not to mention they are a long lug nut for lots of socket enguagement.

Last edited by Merc; 09-03-2011 at 08:25 PM.
Old 09-03-2011, 08:41 PM   #876
Rickerbucks
HP addict

Drives: 2 SS RS,
I remember a friend of mine put drag slicks on his fourth gen for the first time and we could NOT get the lug nuts off. SL was finished and it was starting to rain so we had to get them off. What a nightmare. Ending up destroying the lugs, breaking off some studs, and drilling out some studs.

Follow my 2013 One Lap Of America Blog here: https://www.facebook.com/#!/ShaunAnd...page_new_likes

2014 Jeep SRT 8 - stock
2010 Challenger SRT 8 - stock
2007 Charger SRT8 Super Bee - not stock at all.
Rickerbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 09:29 PM   #877
Merc
In The Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickerbucks View Post
I remember a friend of mine put drag slicks on his fourth gen for the first time and we could NOT get the lug nuts off. SL was finished and it was starting to rain so we had to get them off. What a nightmare. Ending up destroying the lugs, breaking off some studs, and drilling out some studs.
I'm not sure it had anything to do with the slicks, it was more of a cheap lug nut issue.

Old 09-06-2011, 12:38 PM   #878
Merc
In The Circle

I have been busy trying to find open track time for Rickerbuck's and me at MRP. Think we have hit the jackpot. Was able to find a contact from the Porsche club for there open track day's.

Thought to myself that a pic was worth a thousand words, so I sent the on track video's of Rickerbuck's and Pumpkin last April at C5F II.

Were in for this Thursday.

It's a bit pricey but it's unlimited laps from 9:00 to 4:30.

Last edited by Merc; 09-06-2011 at 03:42 PM.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:42 PM   #879
Merc
In The Circle

Pumpkin delivered (pardon the pun) to Bob's Drive Line Service, billet cap's and posi kit ordered from JRE. The plan is coming together. 3:90 haul a$$ gears are on the way.

Old 09-06-2011, 10:55 PM   #880
MARINE1991

Drives: COTW 8/29/11 2010 CAMARO
Quote:
Pumpkin delivered (pardon the pun) to Bob's Drive Line Service, billet cap's and posi kit ordered from JRE. The plan is coming together. 3:90 haul a$$ gears are on the way.

Sweet... I changed mine out to the 3.72 since I have L99..
MARINE1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 12:31 PM   #881
Merc
In The Circle

Hopefully these lugs nuts from Vision Motor Sports Racing will do the trick. Forged aluminum anodiised, no cheap chrome to flake off.

Attached Images

Old 09-08-2011, 09:47 PM   #882
Merc
In The Circle

Got some serious road course track time to day with the Porsche club at MRP. Had a hoot, Gopro stuff is downloading, but not sure if I willl be able to get it up before tomorrow. Pumpkin got a lot of attention, even the Porsche guy's love the sound of the V8 thundering down the front straight.

Headed over to Vancouver Island tomorrow morning for the Greater Victoria International Beer Festival, one of the largest in North America.