Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 09-25-2013, 10:45 AM   #43
km9v

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS M6
I got a set of Nittos last year for my SS. Very happy with the tires. The tread is holding very well compared to the stock Pirellis.
km9v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 02:39 PM   #44
krazzyk01
Liv'n The Dream!

Drives: 2013 Black 2SS RS 1LE
So I cancelled the Michelins and tried to order the 315/35R20 Nitto and found they basically aren’t making them anymore. I can order them with an “…unknown lead time…” which means they’ve got no idea if/when they would show up, and I can’t have that. So….I spent some time with the sales guy at Discount Tire and ended up ordering a set of all things…Continentals. I’ve not seen any reviews on these at all for our cars so I’ll be having my fingers crossed. They’re a 50k tire so they should last a while. What kills me is the tread pattern looks more like a snow tire then any performance tire. I have my major reservations about these but since D.T. guarantees I’ll be happy with my tires I figure if they really suck I’ll take them back and eat a bit of crow,…along with the bill for Michelins. Here’s to hoping. It really sucks that I can’t get the Nittos. I like the looks of that tire. Figures…
Old 09-25-2013, 03:32 PM   #45
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Which Continentals?

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 06:01 PM   #46
humblebeast07
The Beast

Drives: 13 2SS/1LE/RS/NPP/NAV/SUNROOF
Sorry guys i havent replied, been real busy lately....Ok, so ive put about 1800 miles on them now and after 1000~1100 I installed my tri-y's....and when it was stock with just cai these tires gripped very well(maybe on par with the originals when warm) but when the headers went on that was all they could take....I went out with my buddies on some back roads, and they would just spin...I think the motivos are plenty for stock, but under the extra torque that was it, they couldn't handle it. As for the rain and etc they are awesome 85mph with no issues.....I look at these like great for everyday drivers but not good for people with extra power and a heavy foot......I will let you know how the tread life is in a few thousand.
Old 09-25-2013, 06:22 PM   #47
notagoat

Drives: 2015 BMW M4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
Which Continentals?

Norm
He got the Extreme DSWs. I have had them on my car in the same sizes (275/315) for about a year and 15,000 miles. They have done me good and until pretty recently they gripped well around turns unless I was really heavy on the pedal. They seem like the rears are about ready for ready for replacement, the S and the W wear indicators are gone and they are close to the wear indicators. Stinks for a "50,000" mile tire
Old 09-25-2013, 06:34 PM   #48
bkscott

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazzyk01 View Post
So I cancelled the Michelins and tried to order the 315/35R20 Nitto and found they basically aren’t making them anymore. …
Which Nittos did you try to order. I am waiting on a pair of the Motivos and they are due in tomorrow.

They were supposedly at a warehouse in San Antonio.

ADM CAI, Borla Type S Cat Back, VMAX Ported TB, LG Short Throw Shifter, 1LE Shocks, Hotchkis Sway Bars, Whiteline Cradle Bushing Inserts, Custom Powdercoated ZL1's ,Michelin Pilot Supersports, Stainless Power Headers, Solo J Pipes, AAC LED Sidemarkers, ZL1 Rockers, SLP Splitter, ADM Stage II Cam,ZL1 Diffuser,Vitesse Throttle Controller.

bkscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 06:55 AM   #49
krazzyk01
Liv'n The Dream!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkscott View Post
Which Nittos did you try to order. I am waiting on a pair of the Motivos and they are due in tomorrow.

They were supposedly at a warehouse in San Antonio.

I tried to order the Motivos as well. I stood there while the guy called several other locations which showed they had some and they were all inventory which had been ordered in for a customer.

When did you order yours? Did you order the 275's for the front and the 315's for the rear?
Old 09-26-2013, 07:03 AM   #50
krazzyk01
Liv'n The Dream!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
Which Continentals?

Norm
Quote:
Originally Posted by notagoat View Post
He got the Extreme DSWs. I have had them on my car in the same sizes (275/315) for about a year and 15,000 miles. They have done me good and until pretty recently they gripped well around turns unless I was really heavy on the pedal. They seem like the rears are about ready for ready for replacement, the S and the W wear indicators are gone and they are close to the wear indicators. Stinks for a "50,000" mile tire

The Continental Extreme DSWs are what I ordered. Crap! So you're telling me they basically suck? Now I feel like an idiot. I really want the Nittos and it's crazy one guy says he's getting his today and I'm told there's no telling when they'll come in. I really don't like these games.
Old 09-26-2013, 11:19 AM   #51
notagoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazzyk01 View Post
The Continental Extreme DSWs are what I ordered. Crap! So you're telling me they basically suck? Now I feel like an idiot. I really want the Nittos and it's crazy one guy says he's getting his today and I'm told there's no telling when they'll come in. I really don't like these games.
They don't necessarily suck I just didn't get even close to the mileage I expected. I don't do burnouts or anything, I drove mostly highway, but I do like to put my suspension to the test in the twisties. They don't howl around turns or anything but since I got supercharged in April they do break loose rather easily. I mainly got them due to my 45 mile round trip commute but since they didn't last I think I will bite the bullet and get the Super Sports next time. They are only $50 more per tire with a 40% less tread rating but they might last longer than the Continentals, we will see. The only thing is my fronts have plenty of tread and I don't want to mismatch tires. Decisions.
Old 09-27-2013, 01:15 AM   #52
djnice

Drives: 13 ZL1 SIM, 99 Z28 Black
Does it really matter to mismatch for awhile?
Old 10-01-2013, 07:25 AM   #53
krazzyk01
Liv'n The Dream!

I don't think there is any real problem with mismatching front to back.
Old 10-01-2013, 12:03 PM   #54
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
The handling balance will be affected to some extent. How much depends on how different the cornering-related properties of the two tire sets are, and probably on the weather conditions of the moment. Which way handling is affected depends on which axle the better cornering tires are mounted on.

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 04:34 PM   #55
notagoat

I actually found a good deal on 285/35/20 Super Sports, $1150 for a set of 4 so I might go that route and sell the fronts. Not sure if I like the stretched look but it's $234 cheaper than 315s and should provide more neutral handling.