Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions

Old 02-15-2007, 06:03 PM   #43
MaroMike

Drives: 2008 CHallenger SRT8
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMCC Doug View Post
Still having fun wit this thread ......... here's 10 more Les Paul players ....... Can you name THESE guys?
Lessee, Paul McCartney, Neal Schon, Doug Aldrich, Peter Frampton, Joe Perry, Joe Walsh<?>, Ted Nugent<?>.

Some of those dudes I don't recognize Doug. What's my grade teach?!?!?
Ludwig Classic Maple D/Bass Zildjian Overhead

AMERICA, Home of the Free, Because of The Brave
MaroMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 06:51 PM   #44
WMCC Doug
Camaro for life

Drives: 2002 Hot Rod Magazine Ltd. Ed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaroMike View Post
Lessee, Paul McCartney, Neal Schon, Doug Aldrich, Peter Frampton, Joe Perry, Joe Walsh<?>, Ted Nugent<?>.

Some of those dudes I don't recognize Doug. What's my grade teach?!?!?

Not bad, Mike. Here we go, on all 20:

1st Post:
Billy Gibbons (ZZ Top), The Man Himself, Les Paul, Slash (Guns n Roses), Ace Frehley (Kiss), Gary Richrath (REO Speedwagon), Gary Moore (Thin Lizzy & solo career), Jimmy Page (Led Zepplin), Pete Townsend (The Who), Randy Rhodes (Ozzy) & Pete again, about to do the unthinkable!

2nd Post:
Sir Paul McCartney (Don't think I need to list his bands ), Doug Aldrich (Whitesnake), Duane Allman (Allman Brothers Band), Peter Frampton (from his solo time), Mark Knopfler (Dire Straits), Joe Perry (Aerosmith), Joe Walsh (Eagles, James Gang, solo), Neal Schon (Santana, Journey, Abraxxis Pool), Neil Young (CSNY, Crazy Horse, solo), Zakk Wilde (Ozzy, Black Label Society)
Old 02-16-2007, 05:28 AM   #45
MaroMike

Quote:
Not bad, Mike. Here we go, on all 20:

1st Post:
Billy Gibbons (ZZ Top), The Man Himself, Les Paul, Slash (Guns n Roses), Ace Frehley (Kiss), Gary Richrath (REO Speedwagon), Gary Moore (Thin Lizzy & solo career), Jimmy Page (Led Zepplin), Pete Townsend (The Who), Randy Rhodes (Ozzy) & Pete again, about to do the unthinkable!

2nd Post:
Sir Paul McCartney (Don't think I need to list his bands ), Doug Aldrich (Whitesnake), Duane Allman (Allman Brothers Band), Peter Frampton (from his solo time), Mark Knopfler (Dire Straits), Joe Perry (Aerosmith), Joe Walsh (Eagles, James Gang, solo), Neal Schon (Santana, Journey, Abraxxis Pool), Neil Young (CSNY, Crazy Horse, solo), Zakk Wilde (Ozzy, Black Label Society)
What a dork!! I didn't even scroll up to name the first group of pics. Sorry bout that chief. I knew most of them. My bad!!

I swear I'm smarter than the average bear.

Old 02-16-2007, 07:18 AM   #46
35th02ss

Drives: 02 SS
Welcome
35th02ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 07:23 AM   #47
MaroMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35th02ss View Post
Welcome
Thank You!!

Old 02-16-2007, 08:38 AM   #48
WMCC Gary
Camaro Addict

Drives: 1987 IROC-Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaroMike View Post
Is that possible??!?!?
You obviously don't know how many hobbies Doug has.
WMCC Gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 09:01 AM   #49
MaroMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMCC Gary View Post
You obviously don't know how many hobbies Doug has.
I meant is it possible to have too many hobbies. But you're right, I have no idea how many he's holding down. Ummm.........dare I ask???

Old 02-16-2007, 02:52 PM   #50
WMCC Doug
Camaro for life

I don't know if I have too many hobbies ........... but I do have a lot of interests. Cars, music, photography, motorcycles (fast ones), history, geneology, airplanes, pro basketball (watching, not doing, Go Pistons!), renaissance faires, cats, U of M football, to name a few ...........
Old 02-17-2007, 06:23 AM   #51
MaroMike

Quote:
I don't know if I have too many hobbies ........... but I do have a lot of interests. Cars, music, photography, motorcycles (fast ones), history, geneology, airplanes, pro basketball (watching, not doing, Go Pistons!), renaissance faires, cats, U of M football, to name a few ...........
Thats a very well rounded group of both Doug. BTW, my dad was in the Air Force, and as a result, I have a passion for military aircraft. I'm still pissed that they retired the Tomcat. Nobody asked me if it was ok to do so!!!!:p But I understand the reasons.

Anywho, I drum on a regular basis, still very active with the car club.......only the pres knows I just sold the SRT. Starting at the end of March, Tracy and my son Taylor will once again don our wetsuit's and hit the slalom course for another season of every weekend skiing. WooHoo!! My lovely 21 yr. old daugther Brittany, who lives in West Palm Beach, that's where we're from, went to continue her education. She's a great skier.

Her passion, hobby and job are centered around horse's horse's and more horse's. Her boyfriend has just gotten her into racing dirt bikes. Well, racing isn't quite accurate.......as she's still on the kiddie course.

But if the sun is out, we're out in it. Except for winter. GAWD, I hate the winter time. Even n Fla, it's just puts a damper on my outside fun for few months. Sorry I rambled on Doug,

Regards to All!!!

Mike

Old 02-19-2007, 12:55 AM   #52
WMCC Doug
Camaro for life

Hi again, Mike,

Wow, my Dad was in the Air Force, too. Technically the Army Air Force, in WWII, and was a mechanic on P-51 Mustangs, P-38 Lightnings and B-17 Flying Fortresses. He took me to air shows and the Air Force Museum in Dayton, Ohio as a kid. I've been back to Wright-Patterson and the USAF Museum again several times over the years since. I love military planes, too.

I always joke that if I won the lottery, I would buy a Mustang! Not the Ford version, the North American P-51 version!

At the recent President Ford funeral, here in Grand Rapids, the twenty one F-15 flyover, ending with the missing man formation was absolutely awe inspiring!

I even got to see an SR-71 flyover at the Air Force Museum one time during a special event (40th Anniv. of the USAF) back in 1987. WOW!

Well, the weather is about to change here in Grand Rapids. After about 3 weeks of near record cold, they are forecasting highs in the mid 40's by the end of the week. Looks like most, if not all of our 15-18 inches of snow on the ground will be melting. Time to break out the shorts and tank tops!
Old 02-19-2007, 07:00 AM   #53
MaroMike

Quote:
Hi again, Mike,

Wow, my Dad was in the Air Force, too. Technically the Army Air Force, in WWII, and was a mechanic on P-51 Mustangs, P-38 Lightnings and B-17 Flying Fortresses. He took me to air shows and the Air Force Museum in Dayton, Ohio as a kid. I've been back to Wright-Patterson and the USAF Museum again several times over the years since. I love military planes, too.

I always joke that if I won the lottery, I would buy a Mustang! Not the Ford version, the North American P-51 version!

At the recent President Ford funeral, here in Grand Rapids, the twenty one F-15 flyover, ending with the missing man formation was absolutely awe inspiring!

I even got to see an SR-71 flyover at the Air Force Museum one time during a special event (40th Anniv. of the USAF) back in 1987. WOW!

Well, the weather is about to change here in Grand Rapids. After about 3 weeks of near record cold, they are forecasting highs in the mid 40's by the end of the week. Looks like most, if not all of our 15-18 inches of snow on the ground will be melting. Time to break out the shorts and tank tops!
Hey buddy!! Shorts and tank tops in the 40's huh?? <note to self, Doug is a little er's.:p JK!!!!!

My dad was chief mechanic, and worked on many different aircraft, and some of the stories he's told me I will never forget. We still talk about it from time to time. He has several letters of commendation from top brass for his work and direction when sent to places like Thule, Greenland. Talk about sub-zero condition!! That's !!! Remember, anything below 80 to me is a big

Strangely enough, my favorite single radial engine plane was indeed the P51. Not only was it the fastest, but THE best looking prop fighter ever built imho. When I was a kid, my dad and I built 30 different Revell model planes, including the P51, SR71, B17, B25, B52, Hellcat, F14, etc.

We hung them from my bedroon ceiling with fishing line where they were admired for a long time. That is until they were caught in the "crossfire" of many pillow fights between my brother and I.

My family and I attend the Blue Angels at NAS JAX every year. What a great feeling to see our military in action. My fav planes are the P51, F14, and the B1B bomber. Saw that one on the tarmac several times at the air show. What a work of art.

As always Doug, the pleasure is mine sir!!!

Regards to ALL!!!!!! Mike

Old 02-19-2007, 12:31 PM   #54
WMCC Doug
Camaro for life

Mike:

When I was about 10-11 years old, my Dad took me over by our airport. It was still in the city, then. (Before they built the current one on the edge of town) We pulled up along a row of hangers, and there was a P-51 sitting out front, getting ready for a flight. The pilot/owner was just ready to fire it up, and when that huge V12 Rolls Royce engine came to life, fire shot our from those 6 (on each side) exhaust manifolds about a foot or so. I'll never forget that! And, I agree, one of the most beautiful airplanes ever built.

..and, who ya callin' crazy? My brain would be hard boiled by now if I lived in Florida.
Old 02-19-2007, 02:22 PM   #55
WMCC Gary
Camaro Addict

Drives: 1987 IROC-Z
Quote:
..and, who ya callin' crazy? My brain would be hard boiled by now if I lived in Florida.
you tell him Doug.
I Was in florida 2 years at the end of May. Talk about miserable.It was over a 100 degrees everyday. We spent a lot of time inside with the air on.
WMCC Gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 02:55 PM   #56
MaroMike

Quote:
Mike:

hehehehe