Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 01-03-2011, 11:52 PM   #1
the Kolektor
Patiently waiting....

Drives: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Transformers 3

So the wife and I get a much needed date night, well movie night, this past weekend. We went and saw True Grit and they had the preview for the new Transformers movie. Anyone else seen the preview?? Thoughts? My opinion is that it's gonna be a great movie, but the preview didn't reveal too much. Are there any other previews that people have seen?
Old 01-04-2011, 12:05 AM   #2
LoneStar

Drives: 2011 IOM Camaro
Just this one:

Michael Bay says it will be better than the last one... I'm looking forward to it!
LoneStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 07:45 AM   #3
elen88

Drives: camaro
Oh wow! thanks for posting the trailer here.Its looking really good.waiting to watch it.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:05 AM   #4
the Kolektor
Patiently waiting....

Yea, thats the same one from the theater preview, the sound effects are fantastic. It doesn't really give much of an idea as to what the movie is about, leaves ALOT to the imagination. I can't wait!!!
Old 01-04-2011, 08:12 AM   #5
WCoolBreeze
2SS

Drives: 2016 2SS, Red Garnet Tint
This is COOL!!!!

Walt.

Gen6, 2016 Camaro 2SS, Red Garnet Tint (with Silver Rally Stripes)

Ordered: 2-12-2016
TPW: 3-7-2016
Built: 3-7-2016
VIN 1G1FH78G0157626
Delivered: 4-26-2016
WCoolBreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 08:17 AM   #6
Switchin2Chevy

Drives: Currently 2015 Mustang GT manual.
There's a part of the story that deals with a lunar landing conspiracy. Michael Bay put out the teaser to get the hype going and get people talking. And as we all saw...it's gonna be in 3D!!! Imagaine Bumblebee in...3D! It's gonna be EPIC..
Switchin2Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 08:32 AM   #7
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
I'M SO GOING TO SEE THIS!!! I saw this about two or three weeks ago and just can't wait!!! I'll be there for a mid-night showing and be there at mid-night for a 3D BD release I STILL can't stop watching TF2! I think I've watched it, literally, 100 times. I just love every little aspect in these three movies (well - I assume the 3rd will at least be on par with the first 2 ): the graphics, cinematography, music, etc. The music, is especially, stirring...

I have VERY high hopes. I'll definately be seeing this in 3D at the theature

Did I mention I can't wait?...

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 09:09 AM   #8
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Yep, saw this trailer when we saw True Grit this weekend as well. I get headaches during 3D movies, so I might not get to see it as well as you guys will :(
Old 01-04-2011, 09:25 AM   #9
the Kolektor
Patiently waiting....

Take some Advil before going to see it, might help in the headache issue. Also saw a preview for a 5th Fast and Furious, I must admit, I didn't even realize there was a 4th, heard it sucked anyhow. 5th looks pretty good though.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:36 AM   #10
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwantone2 View Post
Yep, saw this trailer when we saw True Grit this weekend as well. I get headaches during 3D movies, so I might not get to see it as well as you guys will :(
You bring up a good point.

I had to replace a couple-year-old TV a month ago, and because Best Buy didn't depreciate that TV correctly, I got the full amount as a credit, and put it toward a 3D TV that was at a GREAT price. Anyways, reading through some material from Sony, I noticed either the TV, PS3, or 3D BD player will automatically go from 3D, after an hour of play, to 2D, because of possible side effects, like you desribe; you have to reactivate the 3D function at that point to continue in 3D if you like. So - you bring up a great point, IMO. I haven't watched but like, literally, five minutes of 3D content, so I can't comment on if I get side effects, but I hope I can enjoy the movie when it comes out. If not, I guess I'll have two BD discs when they become available, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Kolektor View Post
Take some Advil before going to see it, might help in the headache issue. Also saw a preview for a 5th Fast and Furious, I must admit, I didn't even realize there was a 4th, heard it sucked anyhow. 5th looks pretty good though.
THERE'S A 5TH ONE?! Do you think it looked better than the first? I think the 4th was better than the 2nd and 3rd - that's for sure. There was just too much CGI in the 2nd and 3rd, and the 2nd just seemed campy or something; I don't know... I'll have to find the trailer for the 5th one

Thanks for the heads-up!!!

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 01-04-2011, 10:02 AM   #11
the Kolektor
Patiently waiting....

It's called Fast5 or something like that, it's got the Rock in it, it really does look pretty good, at least I think it does.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:03 AM   #12
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
It's called Fast5 or something like that, it's got the Rock in it, it really does look pretty good, at least I think it does.
I did find it and agree It's good to see The Rock in an action movie I look forward to this one, too. I hope it doesn't disappoint...

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 01-04-2011, 10:22 AM   #13
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Unfortunately this is one of the negative side effects that will prevent the current 3d tech from becoming popular. There was a fairly lengthy article posted on the Playstation 3 forums (http://community.us.playstation.com/index.jspa) back when Sony first announced that it was going to support 3d gaming. The article was about some ongoing research on the side effects of the current 3d tech. What they have found so far is that the eyes and the brain is incapable of processing the 3d effects effectively causing severe eye strain and migraines in over 70% of their test subjects.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 11:16 AM   #14
Big Brunsy

Drives: 2010 supercharged LS3
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
I did find it and agree It's good to see The Rock in an action movie I look forward to this one, too. I hope it doesn't disappoint...
I thought he didn't like to be called the rock anymore?

Quote:
go to a theatre that shows it in 2D. Not all of them show in 3D because they don't have the capability....and honestly, I hope Cherokee never gets said ability.
Big Brunsy is offline   Reply With Quote