Due to a technical issue, all posts made over the past 24-48 hours have been lost. We sincerely apologize for this!!!

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Rick@Livernois
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 08-27-2017, 05:12 PM   #211
maxxmoto

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS
C7 Style Conversion

I know this is an old thread, but here's my idea for my 2015 ZL1.
Does anyone out there have any experience or feedback about the DuraFlex C7 'Vette style bumper conversion for the '14-'15 Gen5s?

I envision this bumper/diffuser with the Corsa C7 Corvette center exit exhaust tip (matches the provided center space perfectly), with the side exits filled and modified with diffuser strakes and/or bottom plate as built by Aero Sport Concepts. This set-up would go with the MagnaFlow 3" SS cat-delete, muffler-delete, center exit system.

Any feedback pro or con is welcome.
Attached Images

"Dang-it Boss! I've cut it three times, and it's still to short!" Delbert Einstein
maxxmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 05:17 PM   #212
krisprz2010camaross
SoCal HT5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss/Rs Transformers LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxxmoto View Post
I know this is an old thread, but here's my idea for my 2015 ZL1.
Does anyone out there have any experience or feedback about the DuraFlex C7 'Vette style bumper conversion for the '14-'15 Gen5s?

I envision this bumper/diffuser with the Corsa C7 Corvette center exit exhaust tip (matches the provided center space perfectly), with the side exits filled and modified with diffuser strakes and/or bottom plate as built by Aero Sport Concepts. This set-up would go with the MagnaFlow 3" SS cat-delete, muffler-delete, center exit system.

Any feedback pro or con is welcome.

I've seen that's diffuser before. It's not my style, but the main reason why I wouldn't get that diffuser is because it made by duraflex. They've been know for figment issues and having to modify it to fit.
Vararam intake(tune model)
Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers & cats delete
Corsa ZL1 3" exhaust
Addiction Motorsports Dyno Tune
CMS Stage 3 Cam
AFR CNC ported heads
MSD Spark plug wires
Taylor racing spark plug wire sleeves
NGK TR6 Spark Plugs
1le strut tower brace-TPIS spacers
Nick Williams 102mm throttle body
Fast lsxr 102 intake manifold
Slp 25% UDP
Katech Tensioner Pulley
Circle D Stall
GM 3.91 gears
DDS carbon fiber driveshaft
ZL1 fuel pump & injectors
Flex fuel sensor(91/E85)
https://wheelwell.com/kris-perez
krisprz2010camaross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 05:21 PM   #213
maxxmoto

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisprz2010camaross View Post
I've seen that's diffuser before. It's not my style, but the main reason why I wouldn't get that diffuser is because it made by duraflex. They've been know for figment issues and having to modify it to fit.
Thanks! Yeah, I have heard of fitment issues with them.

Maxx

"Dang-it Boss! I've cut it three times, and it's still to short!" Delbert Einstein
maxxmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 05:41 PM   #214
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
I bought the Duraflex part that is like the Havoc diffuser. I'm going to start the project this coming week. I had to order some resin and other supplies because I need to mod the openings for the NPP exhaust. So I'll be painting and all that fitment won't be an issue.

Having said that I've been around for a little while been messing with cars for thirty years. Hell i painted my first car at 15. I will tell you fibreglass parts NEVER fit out of the box. There will ALWAYS be fitting to do. That's just the nature of the beast.

If you want a drop on part plastic OEM stuff is for you...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Old 10-28-2017, 06:16 PM   #215
Machinehead

Drives: 2012 LS
Polyurethane fits and is more suitable than fibreglass as well

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rear diffuser