Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 05-15-2009, 11:39 PM   #1
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
Holy crap what a night

For all of my bitterness lately, a good night should not go un-noticed.

Took the family to their first ballgame tonight. Indians are in town and last night they stomped on the Rays bad. It was embarrassing. But I got 4 tickets in decent outfield seats for about $70 and just had to go for it tonight in hopes that would do better....

I could type up the game summary but there are paid professionals for that sorta thing...

Quote:
ST. PETERSBURG -- In thrilling fashion, the Rays defeated the Indians, 8-7, in front of 25,827 fans at Tropicana Field on Friday.

Right fielder Ben Zobrist, who entered the game as a pinch-hitter in the sixth, helped eliminate a 7-0 deficit with a game-tying home run off reliever Rafael Betancourt to lead off the eighth.

B.J. Upton's walk-off home run against Indians reliever Luis Vizcaino completed the largest comeback victory in Rays history.

The comeback was made possible by Tampa Bay relievers Lance Cormier, Troy Percival, J.P. Howell and Dan Wheeler, who held the Indians scoreless on one hit over the final 5 2/3 innings. Scott Kazmir, Tampa Bay's all-time leader in victories and a two-time All-Star at age 25, was replaced in the fourth inning.

Kazmir's short night started poorly, with Cleveland's Grady Sizemore launching the third pitch of the game into the right-field bleachers for a leadoff home run.

Things got worse from there for Kazmir, who lasted a season-low 3 1/3 innings and allowed a season-high seven earned runs on 10 hits and four walks. He is 1-2 with a 12.91 ERA in his past four starts.
In summary, the Rays were getting stomped 7-0 early and they chipped away at it inning by inning and ended up winning with our lead-off man FINALLY breaking his awful slump and hitting his first HR of the season...about 6 rows over from where we were sitting. It was epic. My son had his cowbell and was going nuts with it and had so many old ladies cooing over him that he got a ball from one of them! So he got his first Major League ballpark ball tonight in his first game.

My throat is killing me from the screaming, but we got to see the Rays perform their best comeback victory in their short history so the pain is well worth it. I'm still winding down from the adrenaline or I'd be in bed. I have to take the 6 year old to a girl scouts trip at 8 AM so sleep is ripping into my psyche quickly. Just wanted to share some fun times.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=290515130 <--the ESPN recap with video. I tried to see us but couldn't...oh well, I'll upload pics tomorrow.
MerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 11:42 PM   #2
MerF
Go Rays!

Oh I almost forgot about this...the family also got to see a manager ejection in their first game!

And something I didn't see mentioned was the near brawl when a Rays reliever nearly took the head off an Indians batter. That was awesome.
Old 05-15-2009, 11:45 PM   #3
GMtothecore
"That Guy"

Drives: Camaro SS...........what else?
Location: OOOOOOOklahoma where the wind comes sweepin' down the plains.
sounds like fun.
Old 05-16-2009, 08:30 AM   #4
Krazy and old

Drives: 2007 Shelby GT 500
Did the game provide any type of calming effect on you Merf?
Krazy and old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 08:44 AM   #5
ljustin293

Drives: 2010 VR CAMARO 2SS/RS
great to see your son got a ball...that's such a cool experience.

o yea...I got to play ball on that field a couple years ago..that was cool!!
ljustin293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 09:15 AM   #6
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
These are the things that we and our children remember and talk about. I know the feeling of the great comeback, I'm a Bills fan. (Remember Houston?) And a ballpark ball on top of it all. That's freaking awesome. Hope it has you feeling better.
Old 05-16-2009, 03:49 PM   #7
MerF
Go Rays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy and old View Post
Did the game provide any type of calming effect on you Merf?
Well, my throat still hurts so I can't yell at stupid people on the road today, if that counts.

Yeah it was good for me...it made me zen enough to create this thread afterall.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljustin293 View Post
o yea...I got to play ball on that field a couple years ago..that was cool!!
Oh yeah? On what capacity!?
Old 05-16-2009, 05:27 PM   #8
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Drives: '03 ZR2 Blazer
Lol Wedge ejection. Good game overall. Indians fan here..
Zabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 05:34 PM   #9
shank0668

Drives: '14 LML/'06 LJ/'76 Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabo View Post
Lol Wedge ejection. Good game overall. Indians fan here..
Indians suck. My neighbor is a major league umpire so he has thrown a few out himself.
shank0668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 07:41 PM   #10
MerF
Go Rays!

Some images of the evening.
Attached Images

Old 05-16-2009, 07:43 PM   #11
MerF
Go Rays!

Oh and btw....thanks Indians for digging us out of our rut! Another win tonight...woot.
Old 05-16-2009, 10:34 PM   #12
bluch
OH CANADA!

Drives: 2011 RAM 1500 LARAMIE
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerF View Post
Oh and btw....thanks Indians for digging us out of our rut! Another win tonight...woot.
did you see the game when Crawford stole 6 bags! That was unreal! I have him fantasy baseball, ill take that 12 pts thank you very much

Had to trade in the Camaro for a truck :(, but hopefully I can join the Camaro family again one day
bluch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 10:41 PM   #13
MerF
Go Rays!

I watched it, but not at the game unfortunately. Dude is great, my seats were right behind him last night so got to see him on the move in the outfield.
Old 05-16-2009, 10:46 PM   #14
bluch
OH CANADA!

Drives: 2011 RAM 1500 LARAMIE
cool I really wish i lived in a city that had MLB baseball. Im such a huge baseball fan and I have only been to 1 MLB game in my life, in Detroit @ Comerica Park. It went 16 innings and was so great. If I lived in a city that had a team, i would be at sooo many games. I just love it that much. We used to have a AAA team here, the Edmonton Trappers, but then they left and now we have some independent league team. It is just not the same.

P.S - Those "Rays Girls" look real nice especially the one on the right

Had to trade in the Camaro for a truck :(, but hopefully I can join the Camaro family again one day
bluch is offline   Reply With Quote