Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 02-12-2013, 10:37 PM   #29
TripleBlkZL1

Drives: 18 ZL1 A10 & 18 2500HD Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by NASTY99Z28 View Post
Pics of hot chick or it didn't happen...

I agree

2018 2500HD Duramax
TripleBlkZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:00 PM   #30
Samson2029

Drives: 328xi, ML400, ZL1 man. 2013
Last november was coming home around midnight,stopped at a light and a new brz subaru pulls up beside me. The driver starts revving his motor wildly most likely to catch my attention. I am sure he had a modified exhaust system. All it took is a slight twitch on the gas. I guess the unexpected roar of my zed silenced him pretty well. Not a peep. We both parted peacefully. This zed is a real blast!!!
Samson2029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:05 PM   #31
Normagene

Drives: 2013 Ashen Gray M6 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleBlkZL1 View Post

I agree
Maybe he makes her ride in the trunk? Just ask my husband, and look at the plus side, he doesn't need to spend money on razors, just give the duct tape a quick, fast yank. Duct tape? Of course, I like the exhaust sound, don't need to hear all kinds of yakking, bla bla bla... Love that big ol trunk. Oh, the glow in the dark emergency trunk release does work. Sometimes I forget he's still in there.
Normagene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:01 AM   #32
fjstephens

Drives: 2013 ZL1 1974 Corvette
Wife and I took the ZL1 for a road trip and ended up stopping to eat at Olive Garden. Parked it as far as possible from the front door of the restaurant in a completely empty part of the parking lot. When we came out, we couldn't believe our eyes when we saw our section was totally full--EXCEPT for the spaces directly next to the left and right of the car. Now that's respect!
fjstephens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:38 AM   #33
Sharp-ZL1
MSG,Retired US. ARMY

Drives: 2012 ZL1, 11 XC 90, 15 BMW 328i SW
Last year in September I was at work and I heard this load noise coming from the parking lot. It sounded like a hot rod with straight pipes. I got up from my desk and looked out the window to see the type of car it was. The car had backed in beside my Z and the driver was out taking pictures. I went out and introduced myself. He had a 68 restored camaro and he heard that a Camaro ZL1 was in town and he could not believe it. He works about a mile away on a different U.S. Army Kaserne. He said he drove by at lunch to see if the car was parked here then he went home to drive his camaro in so that he could take pictures of the two cars together. You have to remember I live in Germany as DOD employee. He is a German National the works for the DOD. Later that same week A German that has a Corvette parked beside me and was doing the same thing. At that time she was stock. Now I have done some modification and I am just dying to bring her back out. But the German winters are not over yet so she is staying in the garage until the weather breaks. I have a lot of German local that want me to attend their events. Just need to have the snow to stop falling.
2012 Camaro ZL1 #151, GCN, Dyno results 701 RWHP
Mods; 2.55 Pulley, CAI, LG Cam Package Ti Springs and 9G2X Cam, RX Can, KDI Heat exchanger, Hurst shifter, Orcale Ghosted marker lights, Kooks Long tube headers with Cats deletes and Tuned by Kraftwerks, Pedders 1 inch lowering Springs, Front and rear sway bars, Rear cradle bushing, BMR Trailing arms and toe rods.
Sharp-ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:51 AM   #34
tpower
DBLCHBY III

Drives: 15 1LE
My car was on the Camaro5 front page for being first delivered , recieved awesome feedback from the forum and also was in Canadian newspaper
Old 02-13-2013, 07:54 AM   #35
Pappa Joe

Drives: Charger/TL1000R/Cobalt/ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee-Ell-One View Post
Took it to my first car show. The hottest blond chick in tight black shorts and a tube top comes walking up to the car with her dude in tow. She gawks down my car something fierce. Finally she asks me is this your car? Her dude standing there with his arms crossed and his tail between his legs says cumon lets go! She says you go ahead I'm guna ask some questions. He stormed off. I asked her, why is your dude in such a hurry? She said thats my brother!....She's now my girlfriend.....

He must like Mustangs,He may end up your brother in Law
Pappa Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:08 AM   #36
FAIRNOT LZ1
It's in black & white

Drives: 2012 ZL1 Summit White #1366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Normagene View Post
I get lots of looks when driving around. And no I'm NOT Topless, I drive a coupe. To tell the truth, I still haven't seen another ZL1 on the road. Lots of camaro's of every color and model, but not a single ZL1! And yes, I'm definitely looking. One thing that is for sure, every time I pull up to a stop light the BOZO next to me wants to race. Doesn't seem to matter what they're driving either, a pickup, a junker, or minivan, or especially a mustang, they feel compelled to race. Have to admit I kinda like that, I do enjoy looking at them in the rearview mirror!

ALL THE TIME ... EVERY TIME AT A LIGHT!
I just smile and give it a few rpm's watch them take off like a bullet, I get a good laugh when they get pulled over 1/4 mile down the street!!

FAIRNOT LZ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:24 PM   #37
c4maroboy
[HOONIGAN]

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #1848[The HOONIGAN MOBILE]
because of the time of year upon purchase of my car, i have only put around 850 miles on my car. :( but hopefully next month when spring rolls in ill have tons of cool stories to share
Old 02-13-2013, 04:29 PM   #38
z28-conv

Drives: '97 z-28 conv. 2013 BRM ZL1 conv.
Quote:
Originally Posted by c4maroboy View Post
because of the time of year upon purchase of my car, i have only put around 850 miles on my car. :( but hopefully next month when spring rolls in ill have tons of cool stories to share

Yeah I only have 475 miles on mine. I took delivery on January 2. So I am also looking forward to the spring.
z28-conv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:14 PM   #39
starhutch
THE RED ROCKER

Drives: 2013 ZL1 VR
Driving it home from the dealership within 5 minutes of home and was chased down by a guy in a truck until I had to stop at a light. After a few photos from his cell camera he yelled "thats the baddest thing I have ever seen!".

Normally don't drive stuff for attention because I could care less about that, but as others have said you dont have to go very far to generate significant attention in a short period of time with this thing.
starhutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:38 PM   #40
plowboy

Drives: 2012 zl1
fast

I live in ND and got my car from KY, pulled into a truckstop and overheard two truckers saying that even ugly guys can get laid in that.... has anybody else been past 160 .
plowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:47 PM   #41
plowboy

Drives: 2012 zl1
fast 2

Forgot to say my zl1 will be in TX at henessey to get the HPE700 kit put in. Can't wait to give my deputy sherrif brother in law a ride!!
plowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:23 PM   #42
ZL1ster

Drives: '13 ZL1 IOM M6
There i was...

In traffic behind a school bus. Kids get out and start pointing. The guy in a convertible BMW in front of me starts waiving at them... They look at him and pointed at the IOM ZL1 monster

DuuuuUUUUUuuUUUUUhhHHH!!!

Gave the kiddies a .

Bimmer makes a right turn into embarassville

Moral of the story...have good situational awareness.

Bad ar$h ZL1 might be behind yaaaaaaa
ZL1ster is offline   Reply With Quote