Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-10-2014, 08:25 AM   #1
usmc-ashton

Drives: 2010 camaro v6 black, bbk intake
Exclamation my friends camaro shuts off

hey guys my friend has a 2014 camaro 2LT, she had it at the repair shop when a deer ran into her car, she got it back after a good few weeks and she told me when she was at a red light the car shut off, its an automatic.
also she was driving around 30mph and it shut off again, she said her ignition is kind of loose and she thinks when she shakes the key it turns off..i told her stealership time but she doesnt really want to take it there..
has this happened to anyone? it could be the ignition its self probably? im trying to urge her to take it since its under warranty..thanks
usmc-ashton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 08:27 AM   #2
Pi kappa alpha

Drives: SS Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmc-ashton View Post
hey guys my friend has a 2014 camaro 2LT, she had it at the repair shop when a deer ran into her car, she got it back after a good few weeks and she told me when she was at a red light the car shut off, its an automatic.
also she was driving around 30mph and it shut off again, she said her ignition is kind of loose and she thinks when she shakes the key it turns off..i told her stealership time but she doesnt really want to take it there..
has this happened to anyone? it could be the ignition its self probably? im trying to urge her to take it since its under warranty..thanks
Why would she not want to take it to the dealership? absolutely bizarre thinking

Last edited by Pi kappa alpha; 01-10-2014 at 08:39 AM.
Pi kappa alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 08:46 AM   #3
usmc-ashton

Drives: 2010 camaro v6 black, bbk intake
one word-women
hahaha
usmc-ashton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 08:49 AM   #4
Jameg1011

Drives: 2012 2LT 45th anniversary
Because believe it or not, dealerships sometimes have no clue whats going on and mess more stuff up. I've had it happen more often than not lol. Finally found a good dealer kinda in my area though after 3 bad ones.
Jameg1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 08:57 AM   #5
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameg1011 View Post
Because believe it or not, dealerships sometimes have no clue whats going on and mess more stuff up. I've had it happen more often than not lol. Finally found a good dealer kinda in my area though after 3 bad ones.
I suggest going back to the dealer. We must be very lucky as there have been 4 main GM dealerships that we have dealt with in our life time, and all have been honest and fair. Maybe it is just luck, or maybe it is something else. I guess the old saying holds.....I would rather be lucky than good!
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 09:08 AM   #6
trashmanssd

Drives: Black 14 2SS/1LE/RS 14 Tundra
Could just be ignition but bring it back 2014 should be under warranty unless she does ungodly amounts of miles. Also they may not look like it but they are smart keys have her try her spare key could just be bad key.
Side note have seen ignitions wear out on older cars 4-5 years plus from people who put tons stuff on key ring and the weight swinging on the ring wears the internals of the ignition out. lots of old F-150's you don't need keys for just turn the ignition and away you go.
trashmanssd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 11:54 AM   #7
Ringo64
Forever Pontiac

Drives: 2012 Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi kappa alpha View Post
Why would she not want to take it to the dealership? absolutely bizarre thinking
I would take it to whomever did the work. Obviously something is wrong that they need to fix and if they can't find what is wrong, get a second opinion and bill the 1st shop for the work (if they warranty their work) if the 2nd shop can determine it was from the accident or the fix.
Ringo64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 12:02 PM   #8
angie7
Smoked by a GIRL

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmc-ashton View Post
one word-women
hahaha
Hey now

She needs to take it back before she crashes the car. Go with her, that'll help. As a woman and even tho Im a very car savvy one, men tend to think we are all into just shoes and shopping so they treat us like an idiot and are demeaning and I can understand why shouldnt want to take it back. Id ask her if she wants you to go with her and you can tell them what the car is doing so she doesnt have too. And if you like this girl, that can score you some points
Old 01-10-2014, 12:42 PM   #9
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?

Drives: 14 Jeep G Cherokee Overland HEMI
Sounds like a stall.
11 2SS/RSL99No Longer Stock (Sold) 6/19/14:AAC Plasma DRL's | Plug n play harness | Elite CC | Tint: 35% & 5% | LED Dome light | Show-N-Go Plate Holder | Flowmaster AT | C.A.I. Intake | VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB | Husky Splash Guards
SSGUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote