Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 03-18-2012, 09:14 PM   #1
GnyaTek

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS Vert
Had a nice chat with a TN Highway Patrol Officer ...

This afternoon was driving with the top down enjoying the beautiful day. Traffic started getting bunched up and I noticed a TN Highway Patrol cruiser in the right lane going 2-3 mph below the posted 70 speed limit. As I eased up passed the officer (carefully AT speed limit), I gave him a friendly wave and smile. After I completed passing him, I heard him call out through his external speakers, "NICE CAR!!!"

I gave him a thumbs up and a few exits down pulled off at a rest stop to grab a soda out of the trunk. The officer stopped as well and I invited him to check out the car. With a huge smile he did and we chatted for a while about the return of American Muscle cars and specifically the Camaro (which he REALLY likes!).

Afterwards we both got back on the Interstate with smiles on our faces. Think we made each other's afternoon!
GnyaTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:18 PM   #2
caliguy
Don't ask to pop my hood!

Drives: it's loud.......
And you didn't offer him a soda?
Limo tint rears, 35% sides | B&G lowering springs | BowTies Blacked out | Red Footwells|Dome Light|Kicker 500Watts-Amp-Kicker 12" Ported Sub=BOOM| Stillin Splitter |Pssst 100 shot| 13.36 @102.7 @LVMS |
caliguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:26 PM   #3
priz23
On 2nd 2010

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS -Cyber Gray
Cool story.
Old 03-18-2012, 09:27 PM   #4
Dylan88
UCF Knights

Drives: 2012 2LT RS
saw a red vert while driving on the highway today. we both looked at each other and gave the thumbs up. was awesome!
Old 03-18-2012, 10:06 PM   #5
awfarley

Drives: 2011 5.7L Tundra Double-Cab X-SP
Thats an awesome story. I have one as well.
At 7:00 AM on my morning commute to work about a week ago I was driving my usual 77 on cruise down the interstate. I pass a Silver SS and notice he speeds up to cruise along behind me. Shortly after another Black Camaro comes up from behind zipping through traffic, and upon noticing the two of us cruising, slows down and joins in the back. It was one of the best Monday mornings I've had in awhile.

There was this mutual respect between total strangers over something as simple as the kind of car you're driving. Who knows maybe they are on C5

Anyways that moment led me to try to find a local club or start one. We shall see.
awfarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 10:10 PM   #6
49ersXXIX
Take me back to 1994

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS SUMMIT WHITE
maybe he'll cut you some slack if he did pull you over for speeding if you ever do
Old 03-18-2012, 10:16 PM   #7
TuLe

Drives: bicycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by caliguy View Post
And you didn't offer him a soda?
lollllllll
TuLe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 10:30 PM   #8
Coyotekiller
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 AGM 2SS
My conversations with cops usually don't end so well...
Coyotekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 10:33 PM   #9
GoldCartridgeGamer

Drives: 2014 Ford SVT Raptor SuperCrew
Awesome story! I would've offered him a soda or something with how hot it has been here lately.

How to hug your camaro
Buy the car that you would most like to get beat in. The other guy will always be faster.
GoldCartridgeGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 10:48 PM   #10
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
VERY COOL Story.......I wish we all had a story like that.
Old 03-18-2012, 10:56 PM   #11
hightower
LS3 Black Widow

Drives: 2012 45th 2SS LS3 and 1968 Mustang
Great story! And glad to hear you found one of the great cops out there! Most I've met haven't been as friendly.

But again, it's cool to hear the good stories! Thanks for sharing!
Old 03-18-2012, 10:58 PM   #12
PLuche

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1LT manual
Should of offered him a Beer!
PLuche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:30 AM   #13
Mr. Brownstone

Drives: "SINISTER"
Cool Story!!! Glad you came up to K-Town for our meeting and glad you didn't get a Ticket...
G6x3 Camshaft...4:10 Gear, UD Pulley, RotoFab CAI, Stainless Works Long Tubes, Pfadt Sport Plus Suspension Kit, Cincy Speed Custom tune!!
Mr. Brownstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 09:04 AM   #14
hotrodsally
The Legend Lives On

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS SIM
Send a message via Yahoo to hotrodsally
Quote:
Originally Posted by GnyaTek View Post
This afternoon was driving with the top down enjoying the beautiful day. Traffic started getting bunched up and I noticed a TN Highway Patrol cruiser in the right lane going 2-3 mph below the posted 70 speed limit. As I eased up passed the officer (carefully AT speed limit), I gave him a friendly wave and smile. After I completed passing him, I heard him call out through his external speakers, "NICE CAR!!!"

I gave him a thumbs up and a few exits down pulled off at a rest stop to grab a soda out of the trunk. The officer stopped as well and I invited him to check out the car. With a huge smile he did and we chatted for a while about the return of American Muscle cars and specifically the Camaro (which he REALLY likes!).

Afterwards we both got back on the Interstate with smiles on our faces. Think we made each other's afternoon!

Great story!

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfarley View Post
Thats an awesome story. I have one as well.
At 7:00 AM on my morning commute to work about a week ago I was driving my usual 77 on cruise down the interstate. I pass a Silver SS and notice he speeds up to cruise along behind me. Shortly after another Black Camaro comes up from behind zipping through traffic, and upon noticing the two of us cruising, slows down and joins in the back. It was one of the best Monday mornings I've had in awhile.

There was this mutual respect between total strangers over something as simple as the kind of car you're driving. Who knows maybe they are on C5

Anyways that moment led me to try to find a local club or start one. We shall see.
Isn't that why we're all here? To find and hang with people who share a passion?

Have a great day everyone!

Viva Las Vegas!
hotrodsally is offline   Reply With Quote