Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 05-31-2012, 03:49 PM   #1
Caddyroger

Drives: 2011 RJT Camaro LT2 RS auto shift
Viper remote not locking the doors when remote start

I just had a Viper 5704 alarm and remote start installed. Would any one know if this is true. If I remote start my car with the doors unlocked it will not lock the doors. I was told that the way it is the normal operation of the remote. Is this true?
Old 05-31-2012, 03:58 PM   #2
black12lt

Drives: black 1lt 2012
Doesn't sound right. You can't even remote start with the doors unlocked on the factory option. Can't imagine an aftermarket company as good as viper wouldn't have that option
black12lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 04:04 PM   #3
Caddyroger

This is the first time that a remote that did not locks the doors when started.
Old 06-01-2012, 12:53 AM   #4
Third-Gen
Olson Kustom Works

Drives: 91 Camaro, LS3, TVS2300, TR6060
most aftermarket alarms have an option to lock on Remote Start or not to. Might simply be a matter of programming. I chose not to do it on my Yukon with an Autopage RS1000 since I have an engine driven compressor, and if im working out of the back of it, and remote start it, it locks me out and its annoying!!! Just take it back to the shop and have them check the settings. Hope this helps!
Third-Gen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 01:11 AM   #5
Caddyroger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Third-Gen View Post
most aftermarket alarms have an option to lock on Remote Start or not to. Might simply be a matter of programming. I chose not to do it on my Yukon with an Autopage RS1000 since I have an engine driven compressor, and if im working out of the back of it, and remote start it, it locks me out and its annoying!!! Just take it back to the shop and have them check the settings. Hope this helps!
I did take it back and the guy said it could not be done. I called Viper and they said under the normal install it could not be done but said it could be hard wired to work. I read the owners manual and install manual about twice and could not find where you to can program the locks when remote start. I usually keep it lock anyway.