Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 11-18-2020, 07:02 AM   #15
alice

Drives: 2010 camaro limited edition turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Army of Wuzzy View Post
I'll reach out to them this spring so I can prepare accordingly for this summer. Do you have any recommendations on how to deal with the oil feed and return lines? (Specifically location of them). I believe I'm going to go single for the cost aspect.
As far as oil feed/return lines are concerned, no problem. This applies to Borg warner EFR series turbos with ball bearing center section. They do not require much oil, being ball bearing, the oiling orifice is less than .062" in diameter.(sleeve bearings require much larger orifice, hence much more oil is required)
The oil supply is simply Tee'd off of the aluminum oil filter canister where the oil pressure sender is located. #4 size feed line to the back is plenty large enough.

On the oil return from the auxiliary oil scavenge pump (mounted close to the turbocharger) a #8 line is sufficient and it goes to the rear fitting on the driver's side valve cover. That's it!

Last edited by alice; 11-19-2020 at 04:36 PM. Reason: Spelling
alice is offline   Reply With Quote