Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 10-30-2016, 06:40 AM   #421
CFD

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapper12b View Post
Cool! I will just shoot Holley an email just to get clarification on the fuel rails. I'm thinking of getting some new valve covers also. Just trying to order once.
I got mine from Jeggs. I believe they have it without the rails. When mine came in the rails were missing, they got to me two weeks later from Holley.

The other thing is there are no barbs or provisions for evap etc. I machined a couple that utilize 1/8" npt and drilled/tapped the intake.
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 11:22 AM   #422
CFD

Now that I'm good with the way it's running I had a chance to start on my rear bumper. The plan is to smoothen everything out by Frenching in the tail lights, plate mount, door handles and driving lights. I have a thread going in search of some donor pieces of off junk rear bumpers if any one knows of any,
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=437432

I started making some rough templates of the tail light area to aid in showing the pieces I need and what the final result will be. When finished the tail light lenses will be flush, similar to what the side markers are, that's also the plan with the plate mount, creating a smooth rear bumper. Here are a few pictures as a visual.
Attached Images

Old 11-02-2016, 05:06 PM   #423
CFD

Sometimes you just can't win. Spent a good part of the morning trying to take the curse off of two big dents in my drivers door. Looks like it was from a shopping carriage at a local Home Depot or Lowe's . Figures, I was testing a shifter in my car and had my dash cam disconnected so I have no idea who or when exactly, most likely better off I don't know who did it, I'm not happy.
Old 11-13-2016, 07:18 AM   #424
CFD

Had a chance to stop by Slowhawk Performance for Don's Dyno Day. While there did a pull on my car as a base line for the new motor. Quite happy with the results all things considered. Looking forward to getting it all dialed in after a few small changes.
Attached Images

Old 11-13-2016, 01:50 PM   #425
CFD

Since I know how much you guys like videos I realized my dashcam is always on so went back and found this one.
Old 12-01-2016, 07:25 AM   #426
CFD

Hi all.

Starting in on the new rear bumper. My new one will be here today, the old one is off and I have marked out the areas to cut the donor pieces. The plan is to cut the donor pieces, weld them in place on the new bumper then box the area for the frenched tail lights. I will be making my own tail lights, housings and lenses using LED's.

I'm also still in need of two more pieces from a damaged/ destroyed facia/bumper details are here if anyone can help.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=437432
Old 12-01-2016, 08:26 AM   #427
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Hey man, glad to see the car is doing good. I've been M.I.A. for a little and just caught up on your build.
Old 12-01-2016, 08:53 AM   #428
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
Hey man, glad to see the car is doing good. I've been M.I.A. for a little and just caught up on your build.
Hey. It's been running great. Two weeks ago some Richard Cranium backed into me so I'm working on frenching in the tail lights and license plate. Just got back with the new one so I'll be working on it today
Old 12-01-2016, 11:42 AM   #429
Misterxman

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS RRM
Holy crap dude there have been some impressive builds that I have read however this one blows my mind because you built this car not just bought the parts and slapped them on. Your skills are awesome and I would love for you to work on my car so if you need to improve you skills some more please let me know. Great work!

CAI Intake, Spoiler Kings Z/28 Spoiler, VTC,
Misterxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 01:33 PM   #430
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterxman View Post
Holy crap dude there have been some impressive builds that I have read however this one blows my mind because you built this car not just bought the parts and slapped them on. Your skills are awesome and I would love for you to work on my car so if you need to improve you skills some more please let me know. Great work!
Thanks, appreciate it.

Started on the bumper. First thing I did was do a test weld on one of the reverse light brackets to make sure the welding would come out structurally sound then made sure it would clean up right.

Now I'm sure every things compatible I cut out one of the pieces from the old bumper. I decided to glass bead the old paint off to give an excellent surface for refinishing and to keep the piece as virgin as possible. Because of the double wall created by the trunk area I decided to trim it off first and have a single layer to work with. I found the easiest most accurate way is with good old fashioned tin snips. I was able to cut it almost perfectly flush so a two second clean up with some coarse paper was all that's needed.

Now I will trim the piece down and fit it for tack welding then duplicate the process on the other side.

Here's a few pics of the steps so far.

Name:  bump 1.jpg
Views: 532
Size:  244.7 KB

Name:  bump2.jpg
Views: 597
Size:  245.7 KB

Name:  bump3.jpg
Views: 565
Size:  175.1 KB

Name:  bump4.jpg
Views: 596
Size:  170.4 KB

Name:  bump5.jpg
Views: 541
Size:  200.7 KB
Old 12-01-2016, 05:05 PM   #431
CFD

Had a chance to fit the inserts for the inner two tail lights. The top line that follows the trunk line needs to be as straight as possible as well as sitting flush. Tomorrow I will form a piece of aluminum that will follow the top line so I can butt the insert against it before welding, this will keep it straight. The curve of the bumper increases towards the outside edge so I used a heat gun to increase the curve of the insert. I tried to get clear pictures to show how well the insert follows the original bumper. Good chance I may get them tacked in place tomorrow and possibly finish the welding.
Attached Images

Old 12-02-2016, 03:35 PM   #432
CFD

Had a chance to get the two pieces welded in. Next I will work on shaping the tail light openings to house the new tail lights I will be making. Hopefully I will come up with a couple of donor pieces for the outer two lights soon. Here's a couple of quick pics and a close up of one of them.
Attached Images

Old 12-03-2016, 08:42 AM   #433
CFD

Had a chance to play with the bumper a little. Welded in the corners to form the radius that will follow the lens. A little later I will sand it to shape, I may have enough lens material for one lens, if so I will cut one out. I may even have time today to start on the light housings.
Attached Images

Old 12-03-2016, 11:08 AM   #434
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Wanna see what it looks like done... Interesting so far.