Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 05-13-2017, 05:26 PM   #57
IMadeYouReadThis

Drives: 02 Camaro SS 6M / 11 GMC Sierra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy Runs Deep View Post
Imadeyoureadthis....I'm not dissing your ride brother, it's a Camaro! We are on the same team. If I was in the market for a new car then I would take it over both it's main competitors. Upgraded performance stock is fine but just throwing blanket statements about out being better in EVERY way is just not true. Practicality matters. Ease of modibilty matters. Interior width matters to bigger guys especially. Reliability matters as well. If i came off harsh then apologize as that was not my intent.
Don't worry about it at all brother you love the car you got and I don't blame you the 5th gen Camaros are sick I never met a Camaro I didn't like. I'm not sure where I said the 6th gen Camaro is better in every way possible because I definitely don't agree with that the 5th gen is an absolute Beast it's big beautiful and mean and it is truly a muscle car. There was also more room for my kid in the backseat definitely a better car to do a family road trip in. I'm always going to have a special place in my heart for the 5th gen I've seen them from pre-production until the final 5th gen Camaro rolled off the line. I even remember walking around looking at them in the plant with my dad before he retired and he's been passed away for a couple years so I have nothing but fond memories of the fifth gen. I mean hell there's a fantastic chance that somebody in my family had something to do with the car that you're driving today because my uncle even worked here up until about a year ago.

Last edited by IMadeYouReadThis; 05-13-2017 at 05:39 PM.
IMadeYouReadThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 05:59 PM   #58
Chevy Runs Deep

Drives: 2015 BLK 1SS LS3 M6 NPP
Points well taken. Who can't appreciate a good debate sometimes. I believe we all can be defensive of the cars we bought and love. I'd buy a new 6th gen if something happens to this one. I'd also buy any of ya a beer!
Chevy Runs Deep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 07:25 PM   #59
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
The 5th gen is a great car with lots of fanfare. It still has slot of road presence and people know exactly what it is when they see it. Alot of guys on Camaro 6 never owned a 5th gen and I laugh at their posts. Sure there are plenty of 6th gen guys that came from Camaro 5 and I trust their opinion when comparing . Fact is....as fast as the 6th gen is.......it doesnt have nearly the following the 5th gen has. Sure its more updated and it should be. My 5th gen feels like a musclecar and I like that.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 08:42 PM   #60
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
The 5th gen is a great car with lots of fanfare. It still has slot of road presence and people know exactly what it is when they see it. Alot of guys on Camaro 6 never owned a 5th gen and I laugh at their posts. Sure there are plenty of 6th gen guys that came from Camaro 5 and I trust their opinion when comparing . Fact is....as fast as the 6th gen is.......it doesnt have nearly the following the 5th gen has. Sure its more updated and it should be. My 5th gen feels like a musclecar and I like that.
The 5th Gen will be talked about in the world of camaros and performance cars for the next 50 years as one of the best selling and best performance camaros of all time , from 2010 to late 2015 they lead the way in sales , that may never be done again from any generation of camaro to come . Its a legend for sure . The 6 gen had a very tough act to follow without a doubt and has a long way to go to bring more buyers. I do feel the further the move away from the muscle car feel the more sales will suffer , no matter how fast it is . The fastest car don't always win .
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 12:11 AM   #61
70RS/SS396

Drives: 1970½, 1971 & 2014
I tested a 17 SS with magnetic suspension yesterday. What a car!!! Its a so different car, much better then My 14 SS....and What a sound! I was chocked when I started it up.
The car was smaller, much better on the road......but the backseat...maybe people without legs can sit there, haha....
70RS/SS396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 07:02 AM   #62
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
I have very rarely carried people, or 1 person, in the back seat of my Muscle cars. And usually they are chicks anyway. But I do make it a point to not have passengers in my back seats. I use the back seat for stuff like bags or something if I went shopping and don't feel like putting it in the trunk. So for me, the back seat option is more so that I can have the ability to recline my front seat to be more comfortable. 2 seaters are just too uncomfortable. Plus I'm single and don't have kids...so this car is perfect for me. If I have to pick people up or if I anticipate that I'll be transporting people from here to there, then I'll drive my Jeep. But I will say that with cars like these, having an alternate vehicle that is roomy is a necessity regardless of the back seat.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 08:36 AM   #63
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen5_1Le View Post
The 5th Gen will be talked about in the world of camaros and performance cars for the next 50 years as one of the best selling and best performance camaros of all time , from 2010 to late 2015 they lead the way in sales , that may never be done again from any generation of camaro to come . Its a legend for sure . The 6 gen had a very tough act to follow without a doubt and has a long way to go to bring more buyers. I do feel the further the move away from the muscle car feel the more sales will suffer , no matter how fast it is . The fastest car don't always win .
Ya i agree.....some if the comments on Camaro 6 regarding the 5th gen are quit insulting. As a 5th gen guy i know the 6th gen is quicker....has current tech that everybody wants. But all these are improvements that are made across the board when new models are released. Now im not a 6th gen basher . ...the zl1 is a nice looking car. But I like the muscle car look and feel of the 5th gen....its something the 6th gen doesnt do for me. Imo the 6th gen will never be as popular as the tth gen......it sure doesnt help that GM did zero marketing regardig this car. Its like ya we have a new Camaro but we dont really care if people buy it. The v6 and turbo Camaros sure do impress me tho.....
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 08:55 AM   #64
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
Exactly Ron. Chevy's marketing department needs to get the boot. Terrible commercials and marketing in general.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 09:09 AM   #65
SrtWtF

Drives: Nsrt & Camaro SS
Some of those 6th gen owners are coming from trading in their BMW's for the first muscle car ever. Ran into a few at a local meet and they blast the 10-15 as old heavy junk, Gm POS, interior made of PlaySkool kids toy plastic, and barely being held together. Then after dissing the older gen talking about how great, up to date, sexy interior, lighter and all that b.s bazzaz in my 16-17 camaro. finally get to oh well I traded in my 235, 435, 335 because hell I get the same performance, good look and interior for "half" the price of my BMW.

Nothing makes my grin ear to ear more that making these type of pricks my B!+ch when I pull away from the car they claim "to be so much better and above the previous gen" whether it be a dig or roll race I pull these shitbags

Last edited by SrtWtF; 05-14-2017 at 09:13 AM. Reason: Forgive my spelling and sentence errors this was sent from my cellular device ^_^
SrtWtF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 09:11 AM   #66
SrtWtF

But to all the 6th gen owners that had previous gen camaro, I still like y'all. LOL
Old 05-14-2017, 09:12 AM   #67
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
I think Chevy is better off not making a commercial for the camaro with the marketing department they have in place right now.
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 10:09 AM   #68
SrtWtF

Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
There are alot of ex 5th gen owners on Camaro 6 that have my respect when it comes to opinions on the 2 cars. But.....imo there seems to be alot more car owners then car guys on that forum. I have chatted with a few 6th gen guys that are good guys but my opinion hasnt changed.
:-D I think that commercial for advertising the 6th gen is waiting on the New transformer movie �� BUMBLEBEE!! That'll attract the rest of the people for sure. 4 bangers, and V6 models will fly "out the door that is " lol
Old 05-14-2017, 01:09 PM   #69
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SrtWtF View Post
:-D I think that commercial for advertising the 6th gen is waiting on the New transformer movie �� BUMBLEBEE!! That'll attract the rest of the people for sure. 4 bangers, and V6 models will fly "out the door that is " lol
So basically the 6th gen will become the "sensable" and cute Camaro and everyone named Heather or Stephanie or Megan will own one.
SquawkVFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 02:59 PM   #70
IMadeYouReadThis

Drives: 02 Camaro SS 6M / 11 GMC Sierra
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquawkVFR View Post
So basically the 6th gen will become the "sensable" and cute Camaro and everyone named Heather or Stephanie or Megan will own one.
Bro that's insulting how is a five-second Camaro sensible and cute for girls get over yourself bro. Times have changed you can too
IMadeYouReadThis is offline   Reply With Quote