Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 01-26-2015, 08:49 AM   #1
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
900 HP dealer installed supercharged Vipers!

http://nineballgarage.com/2015/01/90...-viper-system/

The speculation and rumors about factory supercharged Vipers can be put to rest now.

One of the largest Dodge Viper dealerships in the country, www.ViperExchange.com, has unveiled the three new performance packages for the 2013-15 Dodge Viper. These systems were designed in conjunction with SRT, Viper Exchange, and Arrow Racing – the builders of the venerable 8.4L V10 found within every Viper. These systems will be available through the parts department at Viper Exchange, and installed by their SRT certified dealership network. The fact is that each of these systems has been developed for over a year now, but were undergoing some paperwork delays for the official unveil.

Package 1 – Off Road Race Controller – 670hp (available now)

The Venom Race Control Module Kit (MSRP $1100) is a direct replacement for the stock engine control module. Installation takes about 20 minutes. This will give the Viper approx 20-25 hp via slightly more aggressive ignition timing, and a more optimized air-fuel ratio. All factory ECM’s found on the Vipers are only tuned for a max of 91 octane fuel, whereas the Venom controller can provide the additional gains found from using 93 octane, which is readily available in most states. Here are the list of gains from this Venom ECM:

Revised fuel, spark, and cam position
Aggressive off-throttle exhaust note
Requires minimum 93 octane fuel
Rpm limiter raised from 6400 up to 6600
Flexibility of rearend gear ratios can self-learn from 3.07 to 4.10 ratios.
1st gear to 4th gear skip-shift has been eliminated
Catalyst monitor disabled (can run without catalytics, without setting a code)
Air flow rationality disabled
Misfire detection disabled
Not intended to work with superchargers or turbochargers (lean tune)

Package 2 – Ported Cylinder Heads & Camshaft Upgrade – 733hp

The next package greatly increases the air flow into and out of the engine. This system deletes the variable-valve timing feature of the factory valvetrain, and replaces the camshaft with one that has a more aggressive profile, with increased valve lift and duration. This requires upgraded valvesprings to handle the lift, as well as upgraded pushrods and hydraulic lifters too. The CNC ported cylinder heads increase flow on the intake and exhaust ports, and utilize larger diameter intake valves. A special Venom 2 engine control module is included, in order to optimize the tune. American Racing long-tube headers and exhaust system finish out the package. The net result? 733 all-motor horsepower!

Package 3 – The “Sledgehammer” Supercharger System – 900hp

The Viper has never been about doing things in a small way, or doing “just enough” to beat competitors. The design of this supercharger system follows that same method of madness, delivering substantial gains to an already potent snake. There was a reason that Dodge/SRT produced all 2013+ Viper engines with a forged piston and rod construction, as it was hinted early on that they be suitable for handling boosted applications. Well, now we fully realize what they had planned this entire time! While the nearest competitor, being the 2015 Corvette Z06, comes equipped with a diminutive 1.7L TVS style supercharger and force-feeds a 6.2L V8 engine, Dodge went with a much larger approach. This system is a 4.3L twin-screw supercharger, on top of the 8.4L V10 engine, which should produce an excess of 900hp! The name “Sledgehammer” likely suggests the feeling your seat will feel, as soon as you dive into the throttle. The good news? The drivetrain of the Viper is already designed to accommodate this level of power. It was planned all along. The package consists of:

Hybrid twin-screw 4.3L twin-screw supercharger @ 6psi boost
Venom 2 engine control module w/ custom tune
American Racing long-tube headers and exhaust system
Air to water heat exchanger system with pump
High flow fuel system upgrades
Modified front engine cover for front accessory drive belt routing
Front belt pulleys and idler system
Modified front strut tower beam to clear new accessory path
Custom engine coil pack covers to integrate with supercharger
SRT dealership installed
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 09:29 AM   #2
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
so its really just dealer installed performance parts, and I don't see anything regarding the warranty.
Old 01-26-2015, 09:32 AM   #3
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
well looks like they are SRT dealer installed, so I guess the warranty is still honored. I know if you bought the Ford Racing supercharger kits, and had the dealer instal them your warranty remained intact
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 09:34 AM   #4
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

*I should have said dealer installed 900 hp supercharged.
Old 01-26-2015, 09:34 AM   #5
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
I mean I can bring performance parts to the GM dealer and pay them to install them. doesn't mean my warranty will remain. I hear what your saying though, I just noticed a lack of a warranty information.
Old 01-26-2015, 09:44 AM   #6
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Notice how Stage 1 makes it off-road only?

Sorry, this is a yawner for me. What good is a dealer honored car that you cannot legally drive on the streets?

Yes..I know..many many of us delete our cats, still makes it federally illegal.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 09:52 AM   #7
serpent

Drives: 2006 GTO
Baylor, can you get clarification on 93 octane package #1? Some areas in the country do not have 93 :(
serpent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 10:05 AM   #8
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpent View Post
Baylor, can you get clarification on 93 octane package #1? Some areas in the country do not have 93 :(
I'm sure it would be tailored to the region and not JUST 93.
Old 02-08-2015, 07:45 AM   #9
DDoug

Drives: '13 Inferno Orange ZL1 Convertible
ACR ... finally!

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/02/06/d...acr-green-lit/
Old 02-09-2015, 09:23 AM   #10
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
Highly doubt there is any warranty from Dodge on those packages. It's a dealer doing it. There are plenty of Chevy dealers with their performance packages for Camaros and Corvettes, none of them come with a factory warranty. There are sometimes aftermarket warranties available on a package through the installer.
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 02:06 AM   #11
i2disturbedSS

Drives: 2010 SS L99 IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
Notice how Stage 1 makes it off-road only?

Sorry, this is a yawner for me. What good is a dealer honored car that you cannot legally drive on the streets?

Yes..I know..many many of us delete our cats, still makes it federally illegal.
A lot of mods we do to our cars are "off road only" such as long tube headers or even a tune from a simple handheld.
Old 02-11-2015, 09:19 AM   #12
Alain

Drives: 2016 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 ZL1LE
Parts are from SRT and installed by SRT approved techs/dealers.......I don't see where there would be an issue with warranty should a problem arise from these parts.

Dodge just literally dropped the sledge hammer on the Z06's LT4 engine. Lol.

Impressive.
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 12:52 PM   #13
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alain View Post
Parts are from SRT and installed by SRT approved techs/dealers.......I don't see where there would be an issue with warranty should a problem arise from these parts.

Dodge just literally dropped the sledge hammer on the Z06's LT4 engine. Lol.

Impressive.
I'd like to see the Dodge warranty in writing on that 900 hp package.

Until I see it in writing, doesn't exist. No mention in any of their literature of a factory warranty, which would be a big selling point if the factory did warranty it.

Chevy sells a LS9 supercharger kit that a Chevy dealer could install on a Camaro. Kills the powertrain warranty. Way over the power the drivetrain was designed for.

Just cause they sell it, doesn't mean they warranty it.

Kind of like track cars. Stuff you destroy at the track is on you, even though it was a factory designed track car.
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote