Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 05-12-2018, 06:28 PM   #1919
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Johnny you don't get it. You want to say this car is not a competitor to Corvette, Ferrari, Porsche etc., but the engineering team apparently didn't get that memo because that's exactly where they've put the performance. They have given the Camaro world-class performance regardless of the price. To me, that shows GM, and specifically Chevrolet at it's best. There's absolutely no reason why they can't come up with a body and interior to match. Nowhere in my post did I ask for luxury. I'm asking (and have been) for a dynamic and exciting design to match the Camaro's dynamic and exciting performance.

The Camaro is going to live or die based on sales. Right now it's not appealing to the marketbase it used to, and the sales reflect that. Last year they had 4 months of inventory sitting on the lots which was a disaster. The cars weren't selling, and didn't begin to sell until they started making huge discounts. That was not their marketing plan. The main problem was obviously price. The buying public clearly didn't feel it was worth the prices they were asking. Once you cross the $40K line you're reaching for a different and very affluent customer base; one that doesn't buy just one car. A base that has a lot of choices and doesn't see luxury as a negative the way you apparently do. If that's the base Chevrolet wants to bring in, they've got to step up their game in the looks department. Looks matter to that crowd.

Chevy has a problem; continue to try and reach the $40k+ crowd, or go back to their roots and make a Camaro that the $20k-30k+ crowd will buy in droves, because that's the crowd that suddenly started buying again when the prices dropped in the last 8 months. The good news is that crowd obviously hadn't lost interest in the Camaro; they just couldn't afford what Chevy was asking them to pay. The market base is still there and still interested.

You're making it an emotional decision; I'm saying it's a business decision, regardless of how you or I, or any forum member here feels. We're not enough to keep the car afloat. They need their old base to bring in the money they used to get. If they don't knock it out of the park with the 7th gen, that may very well be the last of the Camaro as we know it. They canceled it before and they'll do it again if the business just isn't there enough to justify keeping it.
I believe its a different crowd that is buying the 6th Gen Camaro then the 5th Gen ,they are not showing up in the numbers that did with the 5th but i think they are looking for more of a car then the 5th delivered . Chevy done a great job putting the 5th gen together and bringing in a new large percentage of first time Camaro owners ,even if they didn't realize what summer tires meant. I think when it comes to the 7th Gen they will have to lose everything we know as a Camaro look wise and show us something we never seen . Where the performance and platform is now is already world class ,far ahead of the 5 gen.
Not every Corvette fan is enjoying the idea of a rear engine C8 and will look other places ,Camaro will be an option and they won't be looking for a cheaper lower priced entry car. I feel very lucky because i think the Gen.6 is in the top 3 all time best looking Camaros and number one in performance, win win. Don't matter how many they sell ,after all thats a number for Chevy to be concerned with but means nothing to me.
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 06:43 PM   #1920
Gen6_1Le

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChrisLS3 View Post
Just about no one has seen it in person as of yet.

Now I can only speak for myself, but among the things that I think were improvement over the 5th Gen was that the 6th Gen had a much sleeker appearance. Blacking out the bumper cover and putting the emblem, flow tie or not, in the middle of it, took that sleek look away. I know that the actual dimensions are probably unchanged, but it the from looks bigger and less aerodynamic. I understand that there is some more airflow with this front end, but I think they could've achieved that and kept the sleeker feel.

The protruding taillights look bug eyed to me and are completely non cohesive to the rest of the car.
Not many people have seen it in person and thats my point , we have seen it in one dimensional photos , bad angles at that . What i see in that front is all aero and it is far from flat . I could careless where the bowtie is on the front , i find it funny that people think its cool to drive around with neon looking bowtie glowing on the front of there car a night but don't like the center position flow tie. There is a lot going on in that front end that you have to see in person to appreciate its function . The taillights are another story , in some photos they are not as bug eyed.
Old 05-12-2018, 07:54 PM   #1921
Kobra_Klutch

Drives: Mountain Bike
The Camaro had a good run but the writing is on the wall.
Kobra_Klutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 08:13 PM   #1922
yankee

Drives: 2018 Camaro LT RS, 2015 Mazda 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6_1Le View Post
Not many people have seen it in person and thats my point , we have seen it in one dimensional photos , bad angles at that .
Current gen 6 looks very good in any pictures from any angle, close, far, 2D, 3D, in any color or trim.

This refresh needs a closer look just to be sure that it really *is* that ugly

Hope that GM takes another path with gen 7.
yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 12:46 AM   #1923
Cgocifer

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Creep View Post
I've said it before, Chevy's marketing/advertising is horrible and that is to blame for poor sales.
The Camaro is the best car in it's class according to all the reviews, yet has the lowest sales because no one even knows they still make a Camaro.

They really need to $#!t can the whole "real people" campaign and try something original. The real people may have been good for one or two commercials but we've seen a dozen or more of these lame commercials over the past several years.
There's even a youtube channel dedicated to mocking the stupid commercials.

Dodge seems to make awesome commercials in comparison, the average person probably knows all of Dodges lineup.
Come on Chevy, wake up.
+100
Old 05-13-2018, 12:47 AM   #1924
Cgocifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
This 'refresh' is not going to outsell the Dodge or Ford offerings. GM will sell a few, but that's about it. Maybe the apologists are okay with the Camaro being in last place sales-wise, but I'm certainly not. I hope the decision makers at GM aren't either.

This body and interior design has to go. Start over. Get a designer with a vision. Sangyup Lee who designed the 5th Gen concept car, is now working at Hyundai designing a new Genesis coupe for them.

Here's his sketch for the 5th Gen Camaro:

Attachment 935148
Attachment 935149

Here's his Genesis Essentia concept car for Hyundai:

Attachment 935150
Attachment 935151

Compare those to what the Chevy design team has done with this 'refresh'... it's not a winning design... period. I'm not going to baby the team or anyone else. They're big boys and this is business. The engineering team has knocked it out of the park; the body and interior design team needs to match that with a design that matches the performance.

Come up with a modern bowtie; the big, cheap looking gold bowtie looks straight out of the 80's and is horribly outdated. The old blue ones even looked better. Come up with a sleek, modern design... and I emphasis the word 'sleek'; not something from a tranformers robot. Get serious.

The body side is too high; cabin top looks squashed. The car looks bulky and heavy, and not in a good way. The front looks like it was designed by a dentist. The back? Looks like somebody stuck on aftermarket lenses from JC Whitney.

Dammit GM, I KNOW you can do better! GET SERIOUS!! Forget surveys, focus groups and polls. Get a designer with a vision and make the Camaro be what it should be; something people want to take out a loan to get. Not something they aren't sure about, or hope it will 'grow' on them.
Agree! Also, if Hyundai produces anything close to resembling that concept, I may have a Hyundai in my garage. Now, that is gorgeous. I see some Cobra coupe in that rear end.
Old 05-13-2018, 12:51 AM   #1925
Cgocifer

Quote:
Hate feeds hate , so I would say there very well may be an anterior motive.
*ulterior motive... lol my dumb auto correct

Last edited by Cgocifer; 05-13-2018 at 09:59 AM.
Cgocifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 07:37 AM   #1926
wjones14

Drives: 2021 BMW M2 Competition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgocifer View Post
*alterior motive... lol my dumb auto correct
It's ulterior. No such word as alterior. The auto correct was not so dumb in this case.
Previous: 2018 Summit White 2SS 1LE; 2015 MINI Cooper F56 6MT; 2015 BMW M235i 6MT; 2003 MINI 5MT; 2005 Mustang GT 5MT
wjones14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 08:32 AM   #1927
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
I've said it before, Chevy's marketing/advertising is horrible and that is to blame for poor sales.
The Camaro is the best car in it's class according to all the reviews, yet has the lowest sales because no one even knows they still make a Camaro.

They really need to $#!t can the whole "real people" campaign and try something original. The real people may have been good for one or two commercials but we've seen a dozen or more of these lame commercials over the past several years.

Dodge seems to make awesome commercials in comparison, the average person probably knows all of Dodges lineup.
Come on Chevy, wake up.
LOL it's much easier to know Dodge's lineup

Journey
Durango
Charger
Challenger

That's it.

Chevy

Spark
Sonic
Cruise
Camaro
Corvette
Malibu
Impala
Traxx
Equinox
Traverse
Colorado
Silverado
Tahoe
Suburban

EDIT:

Volt
Bolt
Express
City Express (may be no longer available.)
MD Commercial LCF and upcoming Silverado MD Cab Chassis

Last edited by Number 3; 05-13-2018 at 09:41 AM.
Number 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 08:44 AM   #1928
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Kia and Hyundai really impress you ?
Some of them do. They have gotten a lot better. Many people keep their blinders on because of their names and dont really know what these companies are doing, or they just look at past vehicle and base their opinion on that. I dont want to jack this tread, but I know at least on the Kia side they are building some of the best cars in their classes. I know I would have never thought I would own a Kia, but I have a 2018 Sorrento SXL for my wife. Its one of the nicest most well built SUV we've ever owned, and we've had a lot o SUVs.

Sorry, carry on discussing the love or lack there of for this new Camaro design. Im over my limit being allowed to continue my opinion about the new design from what I'm told. I asuuming that if I liked it there would be no limit. Lol
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 08:48 AM   #1929
Gen6_1Le

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
Current gen 6 looks very good in any pictures from any angle, close, far, 2D, 3D, in any color or trim.

This refresh needs a closer look just to be sure that it really *is* that ugly

Hope that GM takes another path with gen 7.
There are a lot people who see the current 6th as ugly , just go over to Camaro 5 and ask what they think . Opinion is the medium between knowledge and ignorance.-Plato
Old 05-13-2018, 08:53 AM   #1930
Gen6_1Le

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjones14 View Post
It's ulterior. No such word as alterior. The auto correct was not so dumb in this case.
Ahhh we knew what we meant , but thanks for clearing that up.
Old 05-13-2018, 08:54 AM   #1931
Koldunic

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:

Come on Chevy, wake up.
I agree.

When I am telling people I sold my 2016 Mustang GT for a Camaro (ZL1 1LE) they are like : «*WTF man. A Camaro???*»
Koldunic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 09:09 AM   #1932
BRMike

Drives: 2017 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
LOL it's much easier to know Dodge's lineup

Journey
Durango
Charger
Challenger

That's it.

Chevy

Spark
Sonic
Cruise
Camaro
Corvette
Malibu
Impala
Traxx
Equinox
Traverse
Colorado
Silverado
Tahoe
Suburban
You forgot the Bolt and the Volt. Oh, and I believe the vans are still out there (Express and the Nissan rebadge, City Express?).
2018 Kenetic Blue Metallic Chevrolet Colorado Z71 Crew Cab (8A)
BRMike is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2019 camaro refresh, 2020 camrao, becky, beckyd, camaro refresh, camarodestroyed, new camaro, ugly camaro, wtf?!?!