Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 09-03-2012, 01:06 AM   #29
Taser Deployed

Drives: 2012 Blk ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snorman View Post
Then we are kind of in the same boat. I have been running my car at OSW (best of 12.0 @ 123) but until it cools off down here in Florida do not expect any exceptional times, and even then OSW generally sucks.
I want to try my hand at Sebring or Daytona with the GT500 and ('12) GT-R.
S.
I've been in a 13' GT500 but never in a GT-R. I was really close to getting the Shelby but I never even thought to look at the GT-R's. They are really rare where I'm at. Which do you prefer on the street?
Taser Deployed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 01:32 AM   #30
C5RocksC5
Banned

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
So someone from SVT came here and put down a challenge so where are all the ZL1 guys who kept dogging the Shelby as being inferior to the ZL1. Go and prove it, here is the chance. So what happened to the 2nd race vs Torque? Did Torq sort out the ZL1 heat soak issue that was the supposed problem why Van ate him up last time?
C5RocksC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 01:33 AM   #31
Taser Deployed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snorman View Post
The GT-Rs are just brutal on the street. They hook like nothing else.
Yesterday, on my way to Costco, I had a new white Boss messing with me on University. Light turns yellow ahead and he nails the brakes to sit next to me. He's blipping the throttle the whole time, I'm watching the cross-light in R-mode. Cross light goes red, I floor the brake and throttle and activate launch control. I let him jump and he goes hard. By ~300' I was out about 5 cars on him. By about the 1/8th it was 8-10. First time I have done that on the street, as I usually race at the track these days. My '12 has intakes, midpipe, injectors and tune.
My '13 cut a 1.62 60' last week at E-town on the first pass and they threw me out.
They are very hard to beat. On Friday I watched helplessly as my buddy's GT-R seriously gapped me in the GT500 at OSW. It was kind of humiliating. Conversely, there is a (cough) vid out there of a '13 GT-R seriously humbling a '13 GT500 from a dig on the street but getting its ass kicked from a roll.
S.
Damn. That about sums it up.
Old 09-03-2012, 01:37 AM   #32
C5RocksC5
Banned

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDew View Post
What is it you're trying to prove here? Comparing two cars with drivers that may have very different skill levels...? While it might be fun, the discussion would rage on no matter the outcome...

I would say the magazine test are the best data we can get because the numbers are obtained with one and the same "professional" driver who is equally familiar with either car.
have you kept up with the performance results done by mags between the two cars? It isn't favoring our mightly ZL1.
I hope someone whose ZL1 has gotten the heat soak issue resolved and added a a few more ponies accepts this challenge.
C5RocksC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 01:45 AM   #33
Taser Deployed

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdari View Post
So someone from SVT came here and put down a challenge so where are all the ZL1 guys who kept dogging the Shelby as being inferior to the ZL1. Go and prove it, here is the chance. So what happened to the 2nd race vs Torque? Did Torq sort out the ZL1 heat soak issue that was the supposed problem why Van ate him up last time?
Pdari I really don't think there are any good intentions behind this so called challenge but anyone that was calling the Shelby inferior needs to have their head examined. As to the whole Torq race deal I remember the thread and if i'm not mistaken Torq was testing the prototype heat exchanger in their ZL1 and not racing anyone when Van passed him on the track. At least that's what I thought but to keep down the confusion we will call that a victory for the GT500 . I'm pretty sure he won't have a problem finding a ZL1 to race in Florida whether it's someone from this site or not.
Old 09-03-2012, 03:01 AM   #34
blackcam2ss

Drives: 2013 ZL1 #659
I'll actually be attending October 6th and 7th but I signed up for group HPDE-1 since it's my first time at sebring.
blackcam2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:52 AM   #35
derklug

Drives: 12 Boss 302
Revan racing makes it's money building and selling upgrades to Mustangs. Having video of their cars beating the competition means more sales. Inviting people down to race makes perfect buisness sense if he thinks he can win. If someone from the C5 community can beat him, go down and do it.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:31 AM   #36
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taser Deployed View Post
just called out whether or not anybody had the balls. Ban coming soon. Pussification at C5.

They don't have the balls because Chevy SUCKS!!!

Quote:
LOL, took you 30min to start talking smack when you said you weren't going to! I dont think anyone will step up since they know what the outcome will be. Also, I thought you and Erik fom Torque where going to keep at it? Did he bow out or are you two not getting along to well?

I'm simply trying to elicit a response.

Erik from Dorq was waiting for his license in TT when I met him at Homestead. Having ridden with him at Homestead I'm not the least bit worried. I'll go stock intake and stock throttle body against his ZL1 and well, 2.29 at Sebring. A ZLTurd is dreaming. I let the smack talk go 30 minutes and now I'm on it. ZL1's suck and I'll do whatever it takes to prove that turd is exactly what it is........

EPIC FAIL. Revan Racing versus OBAMA GOVERNMENT MOTORS! I'll Kick OBAMA's ASS all day long.

If you've got a race license I've got game. Bring it!

Sincerely,

Revan Racing

Because we race. Those guys want to rest on magazine articles.......ha....bring it............

I approve this message.

If it comes down to the 2013 GT500 vs. a ZL1 modified or not.............

Ford and Revan Racing will come out on top

It takes balls to flat foot out of the bus stop and I've been flat out since before the resurface............

I got a reply on C5 and he's a Daytona local with 750 RWHP. Let's go............

Really man. This shows me how garbage YOU are. I'm going to make that my only stab at you as a man because I'm more of a in your face person but I will say this. Serving your country and laying your life down for your fellow man takes 2 balls you tool. Racing is a sport but i'm not going to insult it because it may be your life but not mine as well as the majority of people on this site. Keep that garbage on SVT because it's not welcome here. There's ways to do things but obviously you prefer to stir sh*t. I hope they ban your a**.

OUCH
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:14 AM   #37
Raven87
C'mon- really?

Drives: Looking for a ZL1
Running a mod vs mod race only proves who can spend more unless all mods are 100% equivalent such as same drag radial, etc.

If anyone wants cred, run them 100% stock with equally experienced drivers.

Other than that, it proves nothing.
Raven87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:23 AM   #38
VRYALT3R3D

Drives: 2015 GT, 1LE next?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven87 View Post
Running a mod vs mod race only proves who can spend more unless all mods are 100% equivalent such as same drag radial, etc.

If anyone wants cred, run them 100% stock with equally experienced drivers.

Other than that, it proves nothing.

But hey..

When you go to the 1/4 mile do you expect the other driver to have identical mods as you?

lol
VRYALT3R3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:58 AM   #39
Van@RevanRacing
Account Suspended

Drives: GM and Ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by firecross91 View Post
Your offer for Daytona isn't even valid. Translate probation to if you are faster than me my friends will ban you from the track. Spy I wouldn't waste the gas to run this guy. Nice car BTW. The Wounded Warrior Project is the most deserving charity in the US. As a VFW qualified ex-Marine thanks for the money you have spent on this project.
NASA has drivers on probation before they will issue a TT License. I have no influence over those rules and NASA is running Sebring. I am an instructor for them at Sebring. Probation means you are "qualified" to receive a license. You have to do full two days without having an Off Track Excursion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by firecross91 View Post
The only "legit" offer would be Sebring and only if he is not associated with the track. I wonder what his real motive is for the challenge anyways.
I am not associated with the track I have no say or influence over anything or anybody except my student for the weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKreme15 View Post
Can't we all just get along?
A.
I'll admit, I stirred the pot and some guys ran with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derklug View Post
Revan racing makes it's money building and selling upgrades to Mustangs. Having video of their cars beating the competition means more sales. Inviting people down to race makes perfect buisness sense if he thinks he can win. If someone from the C5 community can beat him, go down and do it.
That sums it up.

To the gentleman that served our country and the reference to "two balls"

There is a sticker often found on race trailers. "Golf requires 1 ball, football requires 1 ball, soccer requires 1 ball, baseball requires 1 ball, basketball requires 1 ball................I like racing because it requires 2 BALLS"

That was the point of the humor which you apparently have not seen. I have the utmost respect for every human being and members of the U.S. Armed Forces. Yourself included.

Van
Van@RevanRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 10:26 AM   #40
Bolt-onC6

Drives: 2017 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Van@RevanRacing View Post
There is a sticker often found on race trailers. "Golf requires 1 ball, football requires 1 ball, soccer requires 1 ball, baseball requires 1 ball, basketball requires 1 ball................I like racing because it requires 2 BALLS" Van
Kinda leaves the ladies out of racing!
Bolt-onC6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 10:36 AM   #41
Van@RevanRacing
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDew View Post
What is it you're trying to prove here? Comparing two cars with drivers that may have very different skill levels...? While it might be fun, the discussion would rage on no matter the outcome...

I would say the magazine test are the best data we can get because the numbers are obtained with one and the same "professional" driver who is equally familiar with either car.
By finding someone with the credentials to drive a car in Time Trial that person has done the necessary amount of track days and time that I and/or we could essentially call ourselves "equals and/or peers" as we are in the same driving class and/or skill level. There are others that are more or less advanced than others but driving NASA Time Trial would essentially level the playing field as much as possible.

And you hit the nail on the head................."it might be fun"

I admit I stirred the pot over on SVTP and some just picked the ball up and ran with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taser Deployed View Post
Pdari I really don't think there are any good intentions behind this so called challenge but anyone that was calling the Shelby inferior needs to have their head examined. As to the whole Torq race deal I remember the thread and if i'm not mistaken Torq was testing the prototype heat exchanger in their ZL1 and not racing anyone when Van passed him on the track. At least that's what I thought but to keep down the confusion we will call that a victory for the GT500 . I'm pretty sure he won't have a problem finding a ZL1 to race in Florida whether it's someone from this site or not.
Hopefully someone will. We cannot continue to rely on magazines when we all know we can do real world comparisons on track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcam2ss View Post
I'll actually be attending October 6th and 7th but I signed up for group HPDE-1 since it's my first time at sebring.
Good for you! Getting out and enjoying your car at Sebring. Depending on you level of experience the first few sessions will be slower as you learn "the line" and then your speed will progress. To prep your car I would recommend some high temp brake fluid. Sebring is a power track and you'll get some big speed on the back stretch at times. There is nothing more liberating than flat footing the gas pedal and not having to worry about law enforcement.
Old 09-03-2012, 10:41 AM   #42
Van@RevanRacing
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt-onC6 View Post
Kinda leaves the ladies out of racing!
I didn't write it or come up with it, I just thought it was funny!

Women racing = Awesome!