Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 03-22-2014, 02:17 PM   #1
shevyman

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS IOM
invalid ECT on my sct tuner

Okay, I was checking my car to make sure all sensors were reading under data log. My 02 sensors are reading but I noticed it said "ECT invalid" any one on here able to explain. My car is the ls3, and the sct is what I got with the vortech supercharger kit
shevyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 02:19 PM   #2
shevyman

Also I am not throwing a code for the ect. Just a few codes saying I am running rich. But before I take the car in for tunning I wanted to make sure everything is okay. I also have long tube headers thats why I am going for tunning and long story as to why I am running rich
Old 03-23-2014, 06:11 AM   #3
2SSCAMARO

Drives: 2010 Camaro Auto
1. Make sure the SCT tool is updated to the most current update.
2. Make another config file making sure you select VERIFIED PIDS for
your car.

Just livin' life
2SSCAMARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 11:05 AM   #4
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by shevyman View Post
Also I am not throwing a code for the ect. Just a few codes saying I am running rich. But before I take the car in for tunning I wanted to make sure everything is okay. I also have long tube headers thats why I am going for tunning and long story as to why I am running rich
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSCAMARO View Post
1. Make sure the SCT tool is updated to the most current update.
2. Make another config file making sure you select VERIFIED PIDS for
your car.
Great Advice.

Log your car and send me the logs and I will have a look.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 05:33 PM   #5
shevyman

thank you both, i went out and ran the data log again and NOW its reading it. not sure why it took so long to read the ECT. but now i am throwing a code for insufficient cats. but thats because i DON'T have any.

i am taking the car to a shop to have the tune done to my car, i am well have been on a temporary tune for sometime due to my schedule and financial situation. but i have't taken the car to the shop cause it was not reading the ect and i didn't want to pay the $400 and the car be acting up and not accept the tune.

Again thank you for the response. if anything else pops up i will let you guys know. Also reason i asked is cause it wasn't doing that before and the tuner wasn't sure either since the car wasn't in is hands. it was reading at one point then it stopped. reason i know is cause it wasn't picking up my new sensors cause i ruined two and after the new set the car was taking its sweet time to recognize them. so since then its just been problems