Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 11-22-2016, 01:41 PM   #407
Chad's ZL1
THERAPY

Drives: Red Rock Metallic ZL1
really wish they would chime in on this thread. I told them at SEMA that there was a thread on Camaro5 already about this new unit and it was already like 20 pages. They were like "whoa" really.
Chad's ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 12:23 PM   #408
cybercoaster

Drives: 2017 2SS 50th Anv, 1972 RS
So I contacted tech support about the Hazzard button and SWC issues. Here is the response. I also gave them the link to this thread.

The hazard button issue has been corrected. If you have an early release kit then you can contact customer service and they will send a new gasket to replace the one that is causing the issue.
As far as the SWC, they should be pre programmed. If you have the most current firmware revision flashed to the radio module there should not be any issues with SWC.

Jeremy Doran
MECP Advanced Certified
ASE6 Certified
Technical Support Advisor
AAMP of America
800-477-2267
cybercoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 07:16 PM   #409
Chad's ZL1
THERAPY

Hope this is true
Old 11-24-2016, 10:12 PM   #410
Yippee38

Drives: '11 SGM 1LT/RS, '02 SOM Firehawk
Yeah. Me too!
Old 11-24-2016, 11:39 PM   #411
patternpilot

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybercoaster View Post
So I contacted tech support about the Hazzard button and SWC issues. Here is the response. I also gave them the link to this thread.

The hazard button issue has been corrected. If you have an early release kit then you can contact customer service and they will send a new gasket to replace the one that is causing the issue.
As far as the SWC, they should be pre programmed. If you have the most current firmware revision flashed to the radio module there should not be any issues with SWC.

Jeremy Doran
MECP Advanced Certified
ASE6 Certified
Technical Support Advisor
AAMP of America
800-477-2267

Sorry gentlemen, but even with the new software, at least in my case the SWC program is not retained upon power failure. It has been my finding that even the convenience controls are lost. When you first set these up you select the aftermarket configuration. Upon power failure you go back in and have to reselect aftermarket selection and reset the convenience settings. I also and this is my case, am not able to get the PAC unit to program any SWC pertaining to the phone. I can program everything else but not these. I have better luck just letting it stay in default program mode. At least some of the controls work, I just cannot reassign them to how I want them to work. But never the less even those are lost upon power failure. PAC say's they do not understand why. Of course all you get when you call them is their call center which is only available to dealers on Saturdays. I thought I was making progress with them for a while but now get the feeling I am on my own. I have ordered the parking brake bypass cable to see if this will unlock additional controls in my head unit.

The fix for the hazards is a step forward I guess.

LS3, Whipple, Custom Comp Cam, springs, pushrods, timing set, CAI intake, Apex cold air scoop, Doug Thorley TRI-Y headers, Billet Custom Products baffled Valve covers, Mighty Mouse Catch can, ADM FPCM, ZL1 fuel pump, MSD boost-a-pump, Hex Vent hood vents, ProSport gauges(fuel pressure, AFR, Boost), Corsa, 100 cell Cats. Jannetty remote tuned, Pfadt trailing arms, all parts user installed. No Dyno yet. Manual trans. 3.45 gears.
patternpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 07:50 AM   #412
cybercoaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by patternpilot View Post
Sorry gentlemen, but even with the new software, at least in my case the SWC program is not retained upon power failure. It has been my finding that even the convenience controls are lost. When you first set these up you select the aftermarket configuration. Upon power failure you go back in and have to reselect aftermarket selection and reset the convenience settings. I also and this is my case, am not able to get the PAC unit to program any SWC pertaining to the phone. I can program everything else but not these. I have better luck just letting it stay in default program mode. At least some of the controls work, I just cannot reassign them to how I want them to work. But never the less even those are lost upon power failure. PAC say's they do not understand why. Of course all you get when you call them is their call center which is only available to dealers on Saturdays. I thought I was making progress with them for a while but now get the feeling I am on my own. I have ordered the parking brake bypass cable to see if this will unlock additional controls in my head unit.

The fix for the hazards is a step forward I guess.
Have you tried sending them an email direct to tech support from the web site? That's what I did.
Old 11-28-2016, 08:48 PM   #413
Chad's ZL1
THERAPY

No new installs? going to be getting mine installed on the 22nd of December. Hopefully I won't have issues. I'm going to get mine painted as well to match interior prior to install.
Old 11-28-2016, 09:27 PM   #414
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
can you use a memory saver? one that plugs into the cigarette lighter or OBDII socket. I bet they are not using flash memory so firmware will not correct the problem.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 07:05 AM   #415
MyLocalDJ

Drives: 2015 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad's ZL1 View Post
No new installs? going to be getting mine installed on the 22nd of December. Hopefully I won't have issues. I'm going to get mine painted as well to match interior prior to install.
As others have stated, not sure why you would paint it unless you just want something different. Out of the box matches the factory interior.

Pleased with my install. After the initial issues (hazard switch inoperative, radio display not dimming, and chime module missing) were resolved, I have had no other problems.
Attached Images

Old 11-29-2016, 10:36 AM   #416
Yippee38

Drives: '11 SGM 1LT/RS, '02 SOM Firehawk
Damn. That looks nice.
Old 11-29-2016, 06:05 PM   #417
Chad's ZL1
THERAPY

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLocalDJ View Post
As others have stated, not sure why you would paint it unless you just want something different. Out of the box matches the factory interior.

Pleased with my install. After the initial issues (hazard switch inoperative, radio display not dimming, and chime module missing) were resolved, I have had no other problems.
...............well unlike others it won't match mine since my whole interior is custom painted. I don't keep much stock. I like to stand out.
Attached Images

Old 11-29-2016, 10:27 PM   #418
cybercoaster

Quote:

Looks great, what head unit is that? Pioneer model?
Old 11-30-2016, 08:12 AM   #419
MyLocalDJ

Drives: 2015 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybercoaster View Post
Looks great, what head unit is that? Pioneer model?
Its listed in my signature line.
Old 12-01-2016, 08:34 AM   #420
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
Quote:
Its listed in my signature line.
Dude what? lol, my hero.

Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote