Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-21-2009, 03:44 AM   #1
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Thumbs up Pix of my litho signed by all Oshawa line workers who built my car (Update new frame)

As featured on homepage.

So....I'm typing away on my keyboard back in April when I read a post by a certain Oshawa employee and Camaro5 member that was talking about seeing the first ever CGM go down the line...and how everyone just kind of stood still....looking at the car in awe. I read how it was the talk of the plant and I was just.........when I read this. I just had to know if he really saw it. In response, I got...

Quote:
Yes i've seen you car and its a beauty. It was the talk of the plant and being the CGM it really turned heads. Congrats and Thank You for supporting GM and Team Camaro.
Of course, I'm like...."no way."

ANY news on our precious Camaros being built is like music to our ears, right? Well, this just blew me away. I've been so excited since the debut of the new Camaro back in 2006 and just couldnt' wait to get my hands on something I feel I've basically watched being built EVERY SINGLE DAY before my very eyes! It was actually happening....my car was finally being built!!! And this was "living proof!!!"

I sent off a PM regarding CGM #1 to this member and what came back was something more than I could have ever imagined. I was in fact, "hand picked" by the member to be one of only a few lucky recipients of a lithograph signed by the Oshawa plant employees who actually had a hand in placing hands on my car....building it....and making it into VIN 2352. We are talking paint...body...chassis...trim departments and more! I was honestly IN SHOCK. You see...things like this don't just happen to me. I'm just a regular old guy who loves Camaros and enjoys my regular old every day life.

Now, before I go any further...I need to say that getting this litho was all made possible by one person. He did this out of his own free time and will....because THAT is the type of person BUILDING OUR CAMAROS. These folks CARE. You all have seen it right here. You have seen the line workers on our boards! They love what they do and love putting our cars together .

This one person......whom I just can't thank enough.....went above and beyond anything I could have ever imagined. Not only did he get me the signed litho, but he also got me a letter from the Oshawa plant thanking me for purchasing a Camaro from GM and hoping that I would enjoy "the first ever cyber gray metallic Camaro built....vin #2352." Yes....the smile on my face was and still is a mile wide.

So without further ado,

SUPER60,

Mike...

I thank you.

From the bottom of my heart, this Camaro enthusiast thanks you. And I thank all the hard working employees of the Oshawa plant who put everything they have into what I consider our "newest member to the family." The litho and letter were things I never thought of....never thought anyone would ever get. Mike, I thank you again. It really means the world to me. I'm picking up my 2SS/RS from Tom on June 24th...just in time for the GM All Nationals at Carlisle, PA. I will post pictures of the day....receiving our newest member to the family and know that I will be thinking of all the people who made this possible.

Thanks for building my Camaro, Mike. Thanks to all the Oshawa employees. Thank you to every single person who signed this litho. Thank you.

----------------------

Remember....there were a handful of members who were picked (I'm sure you will see some pictures of theirs sometime soon as well). Some are from this site, some from 5thgen, some from Camaroz28....but, they are already picked. Out of respect for Mike, please don't send him any pm's requesting items. I know it sounds tacky, me saying this. But, I don't want him bombarded only to have to say he's sorry.
Attached Images

Last edited by TAG UR IT; 06-02-2009 at 11:43 PM. Reason: REFRAMED with new pictures.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 03:49 AM   #2
2Scoops

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
That is quite possibly the coolest story I've read in a very long time. This is the reason to be proud of GM and the wonderful employees that they have.

Mad props to all those involved... and Tag, fantastic choice of color!!

Congratulations.
Rest in peace my Brothers.

2SS/RS MN6, Cyber Grey Metallic w/ Black Rally Stripes

http://twoscoopscamaro5.mybrute.com
2Scoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 03:53 AM   #3
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Wow, Tag that is amazing!!!
Congratulations!!!
You look really happy and it's not even your real car yet. I hope you enjoy your car. I know I'll enjoy looking at all the pictures.
Old 05-21-2009, 04:40 AM   #4
Arod

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS
that would have been nice for all the early orders!
Old 05-21-2009, 04:46 AM   #5
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Very nice Tag..You deserve it for all your hard work on this forum as moderator and for your unwavering loyalty to the Camaro addiction we all face...
Old 05-21-2009, 04:58 AM   #6
ljustin293

Drives: 2010 VR CAMARO 2SS/RS
wow Tag, that's great man...you will have so much documentation with this car...amazing...
ljustin293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 05:49 AM   #7
FirstLSK
Dude, I love my car !!!!

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS white rally
Wow. That is really awesome....... and I am jealous.

With every story that I hear I am more and more impressed with the dedicated folks we have working at Oshawa.
Old 05-21-2009, 05:56 AM   #8
Camaro509

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Black
That is fantastic!
Talk about some classy people at the Oshawa plant

Fold for team 11108 to help find a cure!
Folding@home Stanford's Research DC Program.
Camaro509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 06:09 AM   #9
NVMY68SS
Drives #296

Drives: 1968 Camaro SS - 350/5 Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arod View Post
that would have been nice for all the early orders!
Yeah, even a crappy copy would have been nice. Something for all of us that have waited, oh, the last 70 days or so.

At least we get that little line on the window sticker that reads, Early Order Activity.........woopdidoo.......

Hell, I'm just happy that they can get cars delivered at all at this point. Well, I actually haven't seen any locally delivered, so maybe they still aren't.

Congrats to you Doug. That's nice that they can take time to acknowledge special cars like that.
#296 Delivered 6-1-09 Dynoed 10-3-09 384.56HP 387.65TQ with the bolt-ons listed, no tune.....yet!
Roto-Fab CAI (Install pics here), Doug Thorley Shorties, Flowmaster American Thunder 409S Cat Back Vid
NVMY68SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 06:12 AM   #10
Verio
Taking it 1 day at a time

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS/RS Auto
Send a message via MSN to Verio
This needs to be on the front page. This is probably the coolest thing they could have done (realistically). Congratulations to everyone who receives one of these. If I ever find one on Ebay, I would be SEVERELY disappointed :(
Verio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 06:13 AM   #11
Lovestanda
Large Member

Drives: Yugo SS
Since I can't build the car myself I admire those who can!!! They are like rockstars to me. How could you not admire anyone who takes genuine pride in thier work?
Lovestanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 06:15 AM   #12
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
That's great!
Old 05-21-2009, 06:19 AM   #13
Zeus95

Drives: IOM 2010 - 2SS/RS
That is Sweet !!! Congrats !!
2010 2SS/RS IOM Upgrades: Fastlane CAI / SLP II Loudmouth axle back / V Max Ported TB / Kook's Step Long Tube Headers / High flow cats / Straightline Tune / BMR front & rear sway bars / Hotchkin End Links / Hurst Short Throw. LG ZR28 Wheels 1 of 2 sets made. Pfadt trailing arms / Diff Bushings & Sub Frame bushings / 1LE Axle & Hubs.
Zeus95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 06:46 AM   #14
kdoske
Waiting For My 1SS/RS SIM

Drives: Sold My Lancer, now carless :/
cool man, congrats.
kdoske is offline   Reply With Quote