Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 09-13-2014, 07:45 PM   #15
dorfmac
www.macsautodetail.com

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
My rx catch can has worked and I've never had a problem.

I do have a problem with the way that they had the site hacked and shut offline for a week after being removed. Just not the way to do things.
dorfmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 08:56 PM   #16
rberns

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainecobra View Post
Ive heard of a few people thinking the breather caused there oil coolant line to leak which was a factory issue and a factory recall. I read a few posts on that and had to laugh. Alot of people dont have a clue about there car mechanically. I know there catch cans are top knotch and tests prove that.
Haven't heard any thing about oil coolant line leaking, but i have read and known someone who had the breather and caused the rear main seal to blow and cause it to leak.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS, Circle D 3200, ADM Transmission Cooler, BTR Valvetrain, Cam Motion .621 .595 228/244 113+4, ARH 1 7/8 full exhaust, Cold Air Inductions, Katech C5R TC, Melling HV, BTR SLR lifters, Trunion Upgrade, LS2 Dampner, LS9 head gaskets, Bo White PTB, MM can, GFX, Subs, B&M Deep transmission pan,
Holley fuel rail, Proform valve covers, relocated coil packs
rberns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 10:29 PM   #17
mainecobra

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS 6 speed
Yes I did a ton of research online before buying my rx catch can. And yes 3rd party testing rx was #1 for oil catching against all the others. Elite was good as we'll just google it there is a few tests done on top brand name catch cans and the results. As far as the oil coolant line leaking it's actually the fitting that was cross threaded in some 2010 Camaro Ss from the factory. Chevy will fix it for free if yours is having this issue, a common we'll known issue for most I'm sure. As far as emptying rx put the quarter turn drain on mine for free which is a lot easier to drain. Also do some research on why rx has their catch can a certain size along with their check valve and way the can separates the oil droplets ect. It really is the best catch can on the market. Maybe they had some issues with keeping up with production but doesn't take away the engineering and quality of their product. Anyone who runs a business can understand how easy it is to get behind or one mistake snowballs into a real issue. One numb nut employee calls out a lot, one hot secretary runs off with the big black guy u have shipping the catch cans, ect. Having employees is a pain to say the least. Look at pfadt for example they shut down and made a great product. Why? Could be a number of reasons. Maybe rx had a few issues most business do at some point. Fact is in that nobody is whipping their employees and paying them in bread and water like china so cut a USA run company some slack. Rx is making up for any issues and hopefully will be on top soon again.
mainecobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 10:40 PM   #18
mainecobra

Oh and let me comment of the rx breather cap blowing out rear seals? Let's common sense this one out. If for some reason the check valve gets stuck guess what? It turns into a regular oil cap!!! So now the statement a regular oil cap blew out my rear seals sounds a little ignorant wouldn't u say.
Old 09-14-2014, 06:01 PM   #19
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Yes I did a ton of research online before buying my rx catch can. And yes 3rd party testing rx was #1 for oil catching against all the others. Elite was good as we'll just google it there is a few tests done on top brand name catch cans and the results. As far as the oil coolant line leaking it's actually the fitting that was cross threaded in some 2010 Camaro Ss from the factory. Chevy will fix it for free if yours is having this issue, a common we'll known issue for most I'm sure. As far as emptying rx put the quarter turn drain on mine for free which is a lot easier to drain. Also do some research on why rx has their catch can a certain size along with their check valve and way the can separates the oil droplets ect. It really is the best catch can on the market. Maybe they had some issues with keeping up with production but doesn't take away the engineering and quality of their product. Anyone who runs a business can understand how easy it is to get behind or one mistake snowballs into a real issue. One numb nut employee calls out a lot, one hot secretary runs off with the big black guy u have shipping the catch cans, ect. Having employees is a pain to say the least. Look at pfadt for example they shut down and made a great product. Why? Could be a number of reasons. Maybe rx had a few issues most business do at some point. Fact is in that nobody is whipping their employees and paying them in bread and water like china so cut a USA run company some slack. Rx is making up for any issues and hopefully will be on top soon again.
Link to this third party test?

Sorry, but you are really starting to sound like a paid advertisement for RX.... there have been enough threads/post/pictures of their inferior work...

It is a know fact that Mr. Lewis does not take any kind of criticism well at all... Any kind of negative review of RX products or works resulted in Mr. Lewis bully people and threatening them with lawsuits...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 06:31 PM   #20
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:

You sound just like a guy named Tracy Lewis (SC2150) that used to be on this ste. Any relation?
Old 09-14-2014, 06:51 PM   #21
rberns

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFASTNOTLAST View Post
Or I was thinking he got paid to speak!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Link to this third party test?

Sorry, but you are really starting to sound like a paid advertisement for RX.... there have been enough threads/post/pictures of their inferior work...

It is a know fact that Mr. Lewis does not take any kind of criticism well at all... Any kind of negative review of RX products or works resulted in Mr. Lewis bully people and threatening them with lawsuits...
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post

You sound just like a guy named Tracy Lewis (SC2150) that used to be on this ste. Any relation?

Theres a reason he is no longer on this forum OP. So use a little common sense yourself and figure out why that might be.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS, Circle D 3200, ADM Transmission Cooler, BTR Valvetrain, Cam Motion .621 .595 228/244 113+4, ARH 1 7/8 full exhaust, Cold Air Inductions, Katech C5R TC, Melling HV, BTR SLR lifters, Trunion Upgrade, LS2 Dampner, LS9 head gaskets, Bo White PTB, MM can, GFX, Subs, B&M Deep transmission pan,
Holley fuel rail, Proform valve covers, relocated coil packs
rberns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 06:59 PM   #22
gahammerle

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS M6 Inferno Orange
Quote:
Oh and let me comment of the rx breather cap blowing out rear seals? Let's common sense this one out. If for some reason the check valve gets stuck guess what? It turns into a regular oil cap!!! So now the statement a regular oil cap blew out my rear seals sounds a little ignorant wouldn't u say.
When using the breather, you also cap off the clean side line that runs to the air intake. So that leaves the pressure to look elsewhere to go if the valve sticks.

Injen CAI / Solo Mach-X LLT / Solo High-flow res-cats / Barton short shifter / RX Catch Can / RPI Gills / 35% tint / LED Footwell Lighting Front & Rear / Pedders Street 1 / Pedders steering rack bushing / SS struts / Pfadt drop springs / VMax Ported Throttle Body / Spohn Toe Rods / Spohn Trailing Arms / Trifecta Tune / MACE 25mm Intake Spacers

Find me on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/gahammerle
gahammerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 07:03 PM   #23
ZaBeast07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: IPF SC'd 2010 LLT 2015 1SS/RS
#OPisTracy
Old 09-14-2014, 07:07 PM   #24
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorfmac View Post
My rx catch can has worked and I've never had a problem.

I do have a problem with the way that they had the site hacked and shut offline for a week after being removed. Just not the way to do things.
"had the site hacked" I wish that were true.
Old 09-14-2014, 07:15 PM   #25
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
I had a RX can and breather. Of it wasn't for Matt at FSP I would had blown my engine. I just recently found out that the RX set up cause my oil pan gasket to fail when I showed the shop tech the RX set up. Luck for me I followed in "sycraft" steps and got the Mighty Mouse 🐭 can with boost values. All good since the switch.

Here are just some of RX builds that have gone wrong, including mine.

some of the reviews from customers of RX, including mine.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ighlight=tracy

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Old 09-15-2014, 03:20 AM   #26
mainecobra

Ha ha you guys are funny I'm not Tracy. Just had good experience with rx that's all. You guys are a tough crowd!!! Lol. I'll find the link for the testing in the rx catch can it was one I read before I decided to go with my rx catch can. I'm most likely trading my Camaro for a fully built duramax today so I'll probably be out of the Camaro world for a while :(. Couldn't pass up 800rwhp. Next time I'm back here maybe I'll have a zl1. So I wont be buying any rx products I'll be paying 3 times the price for anything diesel related!!!
Old 09-15-2014, 09:19 AM   #27
caper

Drives: 2010 IOM 2ss/RS
well I can say I recently purchased something from Mainecobra, and it wasn't shipped from tracy, lol.
Turbonetics running 8lbs boost at 700rwhp tuned by Hi Rev, installed by K&M w/cat-muffler delete, ACS splitter, Fesler GFX, MPD1 spoiler, Custom painted Rally stripes, Cordon CR1 wheels 275/315s, Hotchkiss comp sways and end links, Barton shifter
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 10:40 AM   #28
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by caper View Post
well I can say I recently purchased something from Mainecobra, and it wasn't shipped from tracy, lol.
I already checked... he's all good. ...and yeah tough crowd, but rightfully so this time.

The catch can has always been a good product once it's on the car other than broken fittings etc. Everything else surrounding this guy is a nightmare.