Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 11-12-2008, 05:50 PM   #85
vbaltrus

Drives: 88 Black & Tan Monte Carlo SS
Not IOM

O.K. people, its time to end all the speculation I've read on here today about the color of the cutaway camaro. If you go the homepage without clicking the link of the cutaway camaro, just wait and look to the right of the cutaway camaro, you will see the various ads pop up, wait for the IOM camaro to come up. It is obvious to see the difference in the colors, and the lighting is very similar. the cutaway is obviously the hugger orange, hope chevy takes note of the interest in that color maybe it will come out next year as the convertible or even the Z, who knows
vbaltrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 06:34 PM   #86
NAHURRY
Love's to Detail

Drives: 2010 SS,97silverado/08crewcab
I would change my color,and pay more for this color if offered!!
NAHURRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 06:59 PM   #87
rico-2SS
Thx TZD.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged Custom Camaro
I think we just have to wait and see.....The post about the same color name between models but different vins is so true...Think about "RED" How many variations can there really be.

Just have to wait and see.

But this should be the color they offer not a 3rd line in the red family...that lambo was hot....
I personally wanted something different......fdifferent color for this car.......IOM may not be different...if a Colorado pulled up next to me and it was the same color I will be Pi$$ed..I might have to rethink this color thing...and the 21" blk wheels...damn this bums me out...
Old 11-12-2008, 07:11 PM   #88
bret03

Drives: 30th anniversary Z28, Jeep XJ
here is a pic of Tangier Orange new from the factory... this doesn't appear to have the pop of the cutaway car but remember its a night picture with a cheap flash (I couldn't find a better picture) and the cutaway car is indoors under some pretty intense lighting...

Hopefully the bulkiness of the chassis will help with the stiffness of the car, especially when the convertible comes out.

I'm guessing we will see another orange in year two reminiscent of the convert concept anyway.
Attached Images

Old 11-12-2008, 07:35 PM   #89
rico-2SS
Thx TZD.

found this....depending on light????? RED!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...inferno+orange

Also I tried to find the pic of the interior with the IO Trim Package to compare but I can't find it. The IOM on the door interior looked ORANGE, but again I know it is the lighting.
Old 11-12-2008, 08:12 PM   #90
swifttal

Drives: '91 Z-28
Quote:
Originally Posted by xl1200r View Post
Why are you guys so obsessed with painting your car like a safety cone?
To attract the attention of the slow a$$es in the fast lane to move over
swifttal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 08:52 PM   #91
cosmobudman

Drives: Company Car.....
Whatever color the cutaway is.......I love it!!!!

Hopefully added the next year or maybe as an upgrade premium color. I would gladly pay extra. Kudos to gm and their design team for bringing the heartbeat back.
cosmobudman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 04:12 PM   #92
redsap05

Drives: 2005 pontiac gto
Figures gm gets the color right on a display car and totally missed it on the production car. This is why they are in the shape they are in. Please give us hugger orange and jetstreem blue.
redsap05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 06:25 PM   #93
GEARHEAD

Drives: 2004 Grand Prix GTP Comp G
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsap05 View Post
Figures gm gets the color right on a display car and totally missed it on the production car. This is why they are in the shape they are in. Please give us hugger orange and jetstreem blue.
In case you missed it in the other threads, the cutaway Camaro is IOM.
GEARHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 06:29 PM   #94
Sharpe

Drives: White/White '99 Z28 M6 Y3F
The only reason I'm not on the new Camaro boat until the second year is due to colors.

My first choice was white with victory red stripes and victory red interior. Then, I learned that they aren't offering white in the first run. And then, I learned they are not offering the victory red interior anymore.

So, my second choice was orange with white stripes and white leather (like the interior in the 'vert concept). I was still willing to order an orange '10 car. However, I saw the orange being offered on my computer screen and I said, "That's it. I'm out. No new Camaro for me this time around."

This cutaway color, as it appears on my computer screen, is awesome. I'm very disappointed that I can't get white leather with it, but I think I still would have gone for it, but there's too much confusion. I just don't know how it will really look.

So, I'm waiting. GM lost me as a first-run buyer (not that they care) over colors, and all I'm really interested in is the LS3. But, if I can't have my first or second choice, I'm not paying premium for a new car.

Here's hoping I can get a white/red stripe/red OR white leather car or an orange/white stripe/white leather car in '11. As it stands with me now, those are the only color combos that I will order new. Those are good combos that I think they should offer.
Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 09:29 PM   #95
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by xl1200r View Post
Why are you guys so obsessed with painting your car like a safety cone?
I was thinking more along the lines of a pumpkin... I love (and I do mean LOVE) Halloween, but the only orange that looks good on a car are the copper looking oranges. IMO
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 01:01 PM   #96
rico-2SS
Thx TZD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEARHEAD View Post
In case you missed it in the other threads, the cutaway Camaro is IOM.
I missed it someplace????? Have any of the fathers confirmed this?
I sure hope it is truelly IOM......... I loocked at the colorado...witch BTW on the Sticker it says IO...."no metallic"...And there is not metallic in it as my breath showed up on the paint.....I think the sales man wanted to ask me if I wnated to get a room with the car....I was goin gto tell him no...I waiting till april.

Please someone point me to the confirmation that this is IOM. Scottycamaro??????
Old 11-14-2008, 02:04 PM   #97
xl1200r

Drives: 2006 Cobalt SS/SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by rico-2SS View Post
I sure hope it is truelly IOM......... I loocked at the colorado...witch BTW on the Sticker it says IO...."no metallic"...And there is not metallic in it as my breath showed up on the paint.....I think the sales man wanted to ask me if I wnated to get a room with the car....I was goin gto tell him no...I waiting till april.

Please someone point me to the confirmation that this is IOM. Scottycamaro??????
What? Your breath showed up so it's not metallic? Where is this logic coming from?
xl1200r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 05:58 PM   #98
GEARHEAD

Drives: 2004 Grand Prix GTP Comp G
Quote:
Originally Posted by rico-2SS View Post

Why would I say that if fbodfather hadn't PM'ed me and told me that it was IOM? Why would I lie and try to screw you guys?
GEARHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote