Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-24-2013, 01:06 PM   #57
jrisebo

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS "Bumble C"
luckily he had a camera with him to snap some pics of the cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFI View Post
What I don't get is if there isn't a cop there to write an incident report what is preventing the other driver at fault from completely denying everything that happened?

If there was noone there to see it, the guy could later say for example that both of you were sitting still and you backed up or rolled back into him. Heck, he could end up giving you false information and you'll never see or hear from the guy ever again.

Seems shady as heck to let something like this just go between the two drivers.
Old 06-24-2013, 01:46 PM   #58
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrisebo View Post
It seems your quote makes the drviing without a plate the reason he was rear ended. I guess if he would have stopped to put the plate on before leaving, he would have arrived at the yield sign a bit later, thus the BMW would have been there first and it could have been him hitting the BMW, so I say, not having the plate, saved him from rear ending a BMW.
Well... again, I'm not saying the actual accident as it happened was OP's fault. On the other hand, he was driving illegally and (in fact) should never have been on the road with no plate. Just saying.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 01:47 PM   #59
invaderzim

Drives: 45th SS, '12 ducati 1199 on order
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank in MD View Post
It was an accident. Using an accident to "get paid" makes you a leach. There is no reason for him not to lawyer up to ensure he's not out of pocket, but to suggest a car accident should be a windfall is as bad as the people who intentionally stop short in front of you, then sue you as their main source of income.

If that is what you are suggesting I only can wish karma pays a visit your way.
I believe in karma because i sleep better at night knowing everyone I treat like crap during the day had it coming...
invaderzim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 01:49 PM   #60
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
Well... again, I'm not saying the actual accident as it happened was OP's fault. On the other hand, he was driving illegally and (in fact) should never have been on the road with no plate. Just saying.

which probably makes him lucky a cop didn't show up. regardless of what the other person did, his car wasn't legally allowed to even be on the road. could have effected the outcome.
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 01:53 PM   #61
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank in MD View Post
to suggest a car accident should be a windfall is as bad as the people who intentionally stop short in front of you, then sue you as their main source of income.

If that is what you are suggesting I only can wish karma pays a visit your way.
That's not what I'm talking about, but long term damage can be done to your body. Used to be lawyers would tell you not to settle for nearly 2 years to see what is wrong with you. If someone is hurt by another's actions then the hurt individual needs to be appropriately compensated. I'm not talking millions or even hundreds of thousands, that just isn't going to happen, but a few thousand dollars to help with future unforeseen medical bills or potential loss of income is what is needed.
Old 06-24-2013, 03:14 PM   #62
DarkneZZ

Drives: '13 Camaro 2LT/RS
Thanks everybody. My back/neck feels better, but I will go get checked up this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd10013 View Post
you don't have health insurance but have a 2013 camaro? well, I guess for another 6 months anyways
Camaro is mine paid in cash so it will be mine for longer than another 6 months. Health Insurance is a waste of money. You can treat yourself at home without any needs to go to the doctor. In exceptional cases, like this one, the other party will be covering all medical bills so I don't really care.

P.S. I am an international student and I usually get checked up every time I go home for semester breaks. And if something arises it gets treated by a doctor I know and trust. Then if he tells me to get some other medicine through prescription I'll go to the doctor's in US.
DarkneZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 03:57 PM   #63
upflying

Drives: '86 Monte Carlo SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFI View Post
What I don't get is if there isn't a cop there to write an incident report what is preventing the other driver at fault from completely denying everything that happened?

If there was noone there to see it, the guy could later say for example that both of you were sitting still and you backed up or rolled back into him. Heck, he could end up giving you false information and you'll never see or hear from the guy ever again.

Seems shady as heck to let something like this just go between the two drivers.
Welcome to California..it is legal for police to refuse to respond to a non-injury collision.
Moral of the story..If you want a cop to respond, always say you are injured to the 911 dispatcher..
upflying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 04:07 PM   #64
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkneZZ View Post
Thanks everybody. My back/neck feels better, but I will go get checked up this week.

Camaro is mine paid in cash so it will be mine for longer than another 6 months. .
I meant 6 months on not having insurance. in 2014 the affordable care act will require you to have to or pay a couple thousand dollar fine. of course being an international student will probably exempt you from it.
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 04:07 PM   #65
2010SS2SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 2SS
Quote:
I don't know. About two hours after the accident I felt a pretty bad pain in my neck. I slept over it and now it's gone.
Don't know if I should go to the doctor.
GO TO THE DOCTOR! I got rear ended with the other driver only doing 10 mph and compressed a disk in my kneck. I had on my seatbelt and saw the accident coming.
Don't play with it and have issues years down the line when you can't get it paid for on their dime or make them pay for it..
2010SS2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 04:25 PM   #66
Kinetic Kev HWSE 2013

Drives: 2013 Hot Wheels Special Edition
That sucks you got rear ended, I hope all works out for ya.
Kinetic Kev HWSE 2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 04:38 PM   #67
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post
Hopefully everything is ok. Keep in mind about the inconvenience fee and depreciation fee you are eligible for now. There insurance won't mention it, you have to in order to get compensated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post
A lawyer isn't needed. Hopefully you called the police to get a incident report and already called there insurance. Once an agent contacts you mention the inconvenience fee first. They will pay between $200-500 for each passenger assuming you had any. The depreciation value claim is after they fix your damages. Your car now will depreciate because its been in an accident.
It's been upheld in court numerous times that insurance companies are not liable for either of these, the person at fault is liable, and as such most insurance companies have gotten away from paying them. Also some states do not allow these claims at all.

Another thing, if you do manage to get depreciation value, it is normally paid after you sale/trade the vehicle, not after it is repaired. You may get lucky and get an insurance company that will agree just to get rid of you but most of the time nowadays, they will tell you to get a lawyer and sue the person that caused the accident. If this does go to court, the first two questions the judge will ask is "Did you sale the vehicle?" and "Do you have a bill of sale?" If you answer no, then you just lost the case.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 05:43 PM   #68
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
It's been upheld in court numerous times that insurance companies are not liable for either of these, the person at fault is liable, and as such most insurance companies have gotten away from paying them. Also some states do not allow these claims at all.
Yeah. False injury claims have made it this way. Most times you will need a lawyer to get medical payments.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote