Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 11-22-2018, 11:53 AM   #15
Trickskier
Native Floridian

Drives: 2014 - ZL1 / 2003 - Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_QC View Post
Increasing fines doesn't seem to work, what would make people follow the speed limits? Seems like this works... A bit extreme but if that's what it takes...
Again - Suspend or revoke their license. If they get caught driving with without a license then yes jail time.
Old 11-22-2018, 12:38 PM   #16
Camaro_QC

Drives: 08 Tiburon GS, 2018 Camaro 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickskier View Post
Again - Suspend or revoke their license. If they get caught driving with without a license then yes jail time.
For most of the people, I agree with you, but unfortunately, some will require jail to understand... And even...

I think that is people have the consequence of going to jail pending over their head, they will be careful, then it should be the officer's responsibility (or the judge) to determine if that person really deserves to go to jail or just to have his license suspended.

It's my personal opinion. I see to much people who just doesn't care about rules cause the consequences are not that big.
1100 - 5/08/2018 | 3800 - 6/18/2018
2000 - 5/09/2018 | 4200 - 6/21/2018
3000 - 5/28/2018 | 5000 - 6/27/2018
6000 - 6/29/2018
Camaro_QC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 07:14 PM   #17
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Jail - For your first offense over 20 seriously? I can understand suspending someones license. But being sentenced to jail with criminals for speeding is extremely excessive.

Half of the drivers in Miami would be in jail - LOL!
Most states I know of have a law in the books that state that if you go XX over it becomes Reckless Endangerment and thus at the officers discretion, a jail-able offense. In NC, at 25 over an officer can arrest you, seize your car and take your license.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 06:59 AM   #18
Nsxmatt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro
Quote:
Jail - For your first offense over 20 seriously? I can understand suspending someones license. But being sentenced to jail with criminals for speeding is extremely excessive.

Half of the drivers in Miami would be in jail - LOL!
Not sentenced to jail, arrested and put in jail and processed. Anyone who is arrested goes to jail, doesn't mean they stay there. Speeding makes you a criminal no matter how serious you think it is because it's breaking the law. There is no grey area there.
Nsxmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 08:00 AM   #19
BLU DUCE

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IBM Camaro
Speeding is a bad thing I do it. And I'll bet a majority of you who give an opinion on here as it being bad. Have done it yourself and will again.
And if you take note how many people don't do a DEAD stop of the wheels at a stop sign. It's not a yield sigh where you slow up to enter traffic. Stop means dead stop. Yield means slow up to enter traffic you have to yield the right of way.
Old 11-23-2018, 09:52 AM   #20
KenKat

Drives: 2014 2LT RS Summit White
We barely have room around here to keep the heroin dealers in jail, much less speeders.

To the OP, since you have a clean driving record, you should be able to plea this down with the prosecutor to a lesser charge, sometimes even a non-moving violation. You may be able to do this on your own but an attorney is probably the surer bet depending on the jurisdiction and judge or magistrate presiding.
KenKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 04:51 PM   #21
rshelar

Drives: 2017 1SS auto vert Nightfall Gray
So yesterday, ON THANKSGIVING DAY, I merge onto 101 and there in the middle of three lanes was a CHP Explorer. He was doing 70 so I just fell in behind him. He was driving a semi-stealth all white unit but it still had a low profile light bar on the roof and about six antennas and government plates. Sure enough, some idiot in the #1 drove right past him and the chippie immediately lit him up and pulled him over. I have no doubt that the officer did not want to pull anyone over on that particular day but what choice did he have. There should be a violation for basic stupidity!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rshelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 06:03 PM   #22
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
A few weeks ago we had a guy tailgating us in a fully marked patrol car while going 70 in a posted 70. Switched lanes and blew past at 80 MPH.

He didn't understand why he was getting stopped. Said it was "frustrating being stuck behind us going 70."

He got cited.
Old 11-23-2018, 06:38 PM   #23
rshelar

Drives: 2017 1SS auto vert Nightfall Gray
There needs to be an IQ test when you get your license. It’s the idiots that cause most of the accidents. You should lose your license for tailgating a marked patrol car!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rshelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 04:38 AM   #24
Trickskier
Native Floridian

Drives: 2014 - ZL1 / 2003 - Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
A few weeks ago we had a guy tailgating us in a fully marked patrol car while going 70 in a posted 70. Switched lanes and blew past at 80 MPH.

He didn't understand why he was getting stopped. Said it was "frustrating being stuck behind us going 70."

He got cited.
Being a Native Floridian I know several FHP officers. It takes a lot for FHP to pull you over and cite you. That guy was nothing short of an idiot!!!
Old 11-24-2018, 08:07 AM   #25
batman53201
Account not blocked

Drives: The Batmobile
guess I got lucky. cop gave me a warning for doing 84 in a 55.

I say fight any ticket.
Old 11-24-2018, 07:04 PM   #26
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
It's a shame you cant say anything around here.....just proves even more what i was saying. The truth hurts and the week just want to complain.
Old 11-24-2018, 09:12 PM   #27
Silver14

Drives: 2014 SIM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerspeed92 View Post
It's a shame you cant say anything around here.....just proves even more what i was saying. The truth hurts and the week just want to complain.

Site rules say no politics.

I don't know what your political leanings are, but I thought grumbling about speeding tickets was something everyone did. Either way, against the rules is against the rules, why is that an issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
This site is dying with a fraction of the traffic it used to have. Oh well. I was wondering how all the people were posting wearing their mittens while hunkered down in their safe spaces. I got in trouble for calling someone a French Canadian. I’ll have to remember how powerful that is the next time I get sent to a street fight or domestic.

Facebook and vehicle age probably are the biggest contributors, but forum participation might increase if we tried to stay on topic, kept from bringing political parties into every other thread, left out insults from posts, etc. It's becoming an echo chamber with the same off topic nonsense over and over, it can't be encouraging users to post.
Silver14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 09:28 PM   #28
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver14 View Post
Site rules say no politics.

I don't know what your political leanings are, but I thought grumbling about speeding tickets was something everyone did. Either way, against the rules is against the rules, why is that an issue?

Facebook and vehicle age probably are the biggest contributors, but forum participation might increase if we tried to stay on topic, kept from bringing political parties into every other thread, left out insults from posts, etc. It's becoming an echo chamber with the same off topic nonsense over and over, it can't be encouraging users to post.
Thank you for your uninformed opinion. There was simply no politics....again the truth hurts. Pretty sure the same week babies that made the NSFW of beautiful women thread go away.....hmmmm, a thread of beautiful women on a predominantly male forum, doesn't make sense to me. If you dont like something then dont participate, but dont complain and make something go away because you dont like something.