#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 12-14-2017, 08:33 PM   #29
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Well the A10 won't change the ride characteristics of the ZL1 1LE. And you already mentioned that it was terrible. I understand tho that you mentioned this to GM months ago...I think I remember you saying this in that thread you made. But if I were you I would steer clear away from the ZL1 1LE. And I'm tempted to advise you to stay away from the standard ZL1 as well. You had a very negative reaction to the 1LE. So that right there says it isn't the car for you. And you were concerned with the comfort, space, and being able to fit people in the car. For those reasons the ZL1 is not for you either.

If you're dead set on getting one, then get a used one and plan to use it on weekends and/or with no more than 1 other passenger. And if you want it to handle better than it already does then invest in suspension/tire upgrades. That way you can have better than stock handling, the A10, and you won't be wasting money on a brand new one that you might not get to drive as often as you want.

I doubt GM will offer the 1LE with the A10. Because then what about the SS and V6 1LEs? Would they have to throw an auto trans in those as well? It isn't a smart idea this far into the 6th Generation. If they're gonna do it then they should plan it for the next Gen. That's my take. Anyway, how is your searching coming along?
Honestly and I see what you’ve been doing with “R” here, just stop wasting your time man. He can’t make up his mind for the life of him with this stuff. The guy doesn’t own anything applicable to this forum but has managed to rack up more started threads and posts over talk and speculation, 80% of them bashing, than any other forum member I’ve seen. No sense in logical exchanges. And I get he's not probably a bad guy or a purposeful "troll" but man, is it getting WELL past old now.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 08:39 PM   #30
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Post #14 said it best.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 11:22 PM   #31
ninetres

Drives: Crush ZLE M6 | 2000 Corvette FRC
I’m glad the head count on forum members who have caught on to this trolls antics is growing. Such a waste of kilobytes.
ninetres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 12:08 AM   #32
TheShooter
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Charger Hellcat
I've yet to see a forum with so many folks with their panties on so tight.

No, I'm not a troll. If I was, I'd be doing a better job of it since some people here are so deeply in love with their cars.

Yes, I am vacillating on the regular ZL1 and 1LE. Yes, having it with an A10 would be nice as MANY here agree. Are your feelings hurt?

YES, I did reach out to Chevy about it and also talked to a rep at the LA show.

I'm sorry, but is there some giant MAGNET holding certain people to threads that don't interest them? If you seriously believe I'm a troll, move on and find someone else to bother. What a bunch of girls.

To the folks who commented intelligently, thanks.

R.
TheShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 04:24 AM   #33
URBAN LEGEND

Drives: 20 X3M CP & 19 ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo View Post
A10 would make it faster too....
Agreed all day‼️
Old 12-15-2017, 08:24 AM   #34
thefirstcause

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS, 2009 Mazda6 GT V6
A10 all the way. The only reason I don't have a SS 1LE is because of manual only. My wife needs to be able to drive the car and refuses to learn, I hardly blame her given how good autos are now. I would have driven manual in order to have a 1LE, I grew up driving only manuals. But my lady isn't the only reason, I flat out like auto given how fast they are today. The A10 sounds like a dream and I hope to have a ZL1 eventually. So yes I'd support ZL1 1LE.
thefirstcause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 09:02 AM   #35
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Drives: 13 ZL1#182, 85 CJ7, 16 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShooter View Post
I've yet to see a forum with so many folks with their panties on so tight.

No, I'm not a troll. If I was, I'd be doing a better job of it since some people here are so deeply in love with their cars.

Yes, I am vacillating on the regular ZL1 and 1LE. Yes, having it with an A10 would be nice as MANY here agree. Are your feelings hurt?

YES, I did reach out to Chevy about it and also talked to a rep at the LA show.

I'm sorry, but is there some giant MAGNET holding certain people to threads that don't interest them? If you seriously believe I'm a troll, move on and find someone else to bother. What a bunch of girls.

To the folks who commented intelligently, thanks.

R.
Hi Scooter (Damn Phone)
Old 12-15-2017, 09:06 AM   #36
TheShooter
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Charger Hellcat
If enough people ask for the ZL1 1LE with an A10, we might just get it. Email them. All they want to do is sell cars.

I'm most likely holding out for the refresh announcement, but I'm encouraged since Chevy didn't exactly say no and more than a few reviews were puzzled at the A10 omission.
I guess we'll see soon enough.

R.
TheShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 09:55 AM   #37
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Drives: 13 ZL1#182, 85 CJ7, 16 Silverado
I called Chevy and told them they need to put the A10 in my Silverado because Ford has it and I have a sinus infection.
Old 12-15-2017, 10:39 AM   #38
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
If you got the cash we know of a shop or two that will do a A10 install for you on any car that the trans fits in.

They did an auto install for the Z/28
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 10:51 AM   #39
ndnashlenz

Drives: 2019 1SS Crush, 2017 Corolla White
I had a couple of patients whose arthritis wouldn't allow their hands to be wrapped around the shifter since it hurt so bad. Their not looking to drive around a track daily just once in awhile when they are free and aren't in alot of pain and the rest of the time to cruise down the road with a little roar that makes them smile in the last few days they have. ZL1 has an A10 but alot of people don't want that much power or want to spend that much either. IMO Chevy should put the A10 in the 1LE
Old 12-15-2017, 11:02 AM   #40
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven59 View Post
I called Chevy and told them they need to put the A10 in my Silverado because Ford has it and I have a sinus infection.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 12:14 PM   #41
drfeelgood

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Convertible A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JK001 View Post
Ford and DCT? I'm not sure those two words go in the same sentence...but hey, they put a high revving v8 ~10 after BMW debuted it and claim it's innovation. Anyway...

I'd have opted for A10 if it was available on the 1LE. Test drove A10 Zl1 and was very impressed.
didn't FORD say they were putting the DCT in the 2018 GT? Just not the GT350 or the GT350R?
'17 White ZL1 A10 Convertible - TM ported TB - RotoFab CAI - 2.3" griptech upper pulley - Kooks 1 7/8" Headers with High Flow Cats - Borla S-type Catback - Audio Overhaul - NavTV M650-GM - 20" BlackDiForza- Michelin Pilot Sport4S - Tuned at BRC Raceworks (606rwhp/675trq)

'14 CTS-V Coupe - ZL1 lid - Ported TB - Ported Snout - AirRad CAI - 8.66" lower - 2.55" upper- Greenbelt - SW Headers - SW Catback - Varimax Intercooler Pump - Track Attack Intercooler-Tuned at BRC Raceworks (551rwhp/516trq)

'17 Maserati Levante- STOCK
drfeelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 12:59 PM   #42
ARS1

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE - Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven59 View Post
This forum needs a LIKE BUTTON
I get why people would want a 1LE A10 but I also get why GM made them M6 only. I was looking for a Camaro for my wife though and was shocked that even the V6 and SS are M6 only and that's what I wanted to get her was an SS 1LE A10 because she doesn't need 650hp BUT she had to have the Red stitching so now she's got a ZL1 A10 I just had to make sure she realized what consequences will come with matting the pedal just because someone pisses her off on the street...
'18 Jeep JL Rubicon - Blue - Wife's Ride
'17 F250 6.7L 4x4 Lariat Ult. Shadow Black -Kelderman 6"-8" Air Lift -Big Truck
ARS1 is offline   Reply With Quote