Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 04-25-2018, 11:19 AM   #1
MIDNIGHTANGEL
Back4Revenge

Drives: BLACK CAMARO
Send a message via AIM to MIDNIGHTANGEL Send a message via Yahoo to MIDNIGHTANGEL
Anyone ever install this Nitrous Specific V6 kit?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nitrous-Out...ZWd3wu&vxp=mtr

I want nitrous adapted, to my Overkill Setup, but at a minimal jet set. 25 shot (50 shot after s/c'd).. This Setup up looks nice and clean to be placed in collision with the current goods-

Naturally the safer route is to build up the other components, I just wish I knew which ones. Im just a garage mechanic with a buddy that has accessibility to just about any tool needed with the hydraulic lift.

I'm at a point where I just want every option available, for this LLT - I was one of the very first to receive straight from Detroit to Chicago in '09, and I will be the only owner ever this vehicle. I had money ready on it in '08 with my little 'pre-reg' Camaro card and # in January of '09. Ive fought for this car to become extremely beastly in the end. The car's paid off the Superchargers paid off.. I just want it to be at it's fullest potential before I start having to break into the motor. Ive read the stock block has been only pushed up to 550 before breaking down the block and upgrading the internals.
Old 04-25-2018, 05:10 PM   #2
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
Have you upgraded the fuel system at all?
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 10:45 AM   #3
MIDNIGHTANGEL
Back4Revenge

Send a message via AIM to MIDNIGHTANGEL Send a message via Yahoo to MIDNIGHTANGEL
Yes, the ZL1 Fuel Pump is installed.
Old 04-26-2018, 01:58 PM   #4
DSX_Camaro

Nothing else? If memory serves you'll run out of fuel around 450whp (I also assume you're automatic), probably well before you run into power limitations. That was where other guys ran in to issues I believe. If you can spray more fuel (you'd need to adapt the LF4 HPFP) or add meth / water if you haven't already, then I'd say you could shoot for more power.

There's other ways to make the car faster depending on what mods you've done already without having to touch the motor again for a bit. Weight reduction. Lighter wheels. Stickier tires. Gears. Driveshaft.
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
Old 04-26-2018, 02:26 PM   #5
MIDNIGHTANGEL
Back4Revenge

Does the one piece driveshaft make that much more of a difference?
Old 04-26-2018, 02:40 PM   #6
DSX_Camaro

I mean it's part of the process. Is it worth it, not to everyone, but you can feel a significant difference and the theory behind reducing rotating mass is sound. But again, not worth it to everyone.
Old 04-30-2018, 09:09 PM   #7
MIDNIGHTANGEL
Back4Revenge

If I can feel it that's all that matters. Im sure it gives more of an instantaneous pull than its stock version. Any direction to the best one that would fit the '10 LLT?

Last edited by MIDNIGHTANGEL; 04-30-2018 at 09:35 PM.
MIDNIGHTANGEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 03:56 PM   #8
jc615
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro and Sierra
I was just up at the Niteous Outlet shop this week and you will be good with their setup. I'd ask though, why are you,only doing 25hp pill? What you'll end up paying won't justify the small nitrous shot.
jc615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 04:27 PM   #9
MIDNIGHTANGEL
Back4Revenge

I'd probably do a 25-50 shot because adding this on top of the Supercharger makes it even more potent, if Im correct.
Old 05-12-2018, 01:45 PM   #10
bowtieracer

Drives: 2012 rs camaro
Midnightangel I have install a few nitrous outlet kits on v-6 Camaros if you have a zl-1 pump and not running a whole lot of boost you should be able to run a 50 shot with no problem I am a dealer for nitrous outlet and there kits are superior to any other kit out there for a v-6 and I am not saying that just because I am a dealer I did plenty of research before I became one. there kits flow well and dyno pulls prove what they advertise best kit for the money
bowtieracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 02:05 AM   #11
MIDNIGHTANGEL
Back4Revenge

Would you recommend the V6 Wet Kit with the Xseries considering IM only allowed to do a low shot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtieracer View Post
Midnightangel I have install a few nitrous outlet kits on v-6 Camaros if you have a zl-1 pump and not running a whole lot of boost you should be able to run a 50 shot with no problem I am a dealer for nitrous outlet and there kits are superior to any other kit out there for a v-6 and I am not saying that just because I am a dealer I did plenty of research before I became one. there kits flow well and dyno pulls prove what they advertise best kit for the money
Old 05-28-2018, 01:54 AM   #12
gutterball

Drives: 2014 1LS M6 Supercharged
Send a message via AIM to gutterball
midnight, you were right, a 25 shot on a supercharger, is like 50, you have to be around 400 HP with just the supercharger, maybe even more, which brings you to 450 or higher. I'D stay with the 25 and be safe
gutterball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 10:01 PM   #13
MIDNIGHTANGEL
Back4Revenge

Thanks man Im just waiting for Will to contact me bout a few things - His kit came with a plate that ran a hose to the TB Spacer- Which would be a direct replacement with the Nitrous specific plate I wanted to get. So I'd have to reroute that hose somewhere else.. Or double on the plate.. Im halted atm.
Old 11-22-2018, 12:42 AM   #14
highperformancedave

Drives: 1991 Z28 and 2011 2LT
I've been running a Nitrous Outlet 150 shot on a N.A. V6 Leaning out in the 1/4 mile... Seems fine in the 1/8th I called Nitrous Outlet and they told me this is a mechanical cam driven fuel pump... Is this correct and if not does it in face have an in tank electric pump? I know I need to upgrade my pump..
highperformancedave is offline   Reply With Quote