Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 02-21-2010, 11:40 AM   #1
Jontall

Drives: GTO
KW Variant 3 Suspension SS

Is super sweet.

http://www.gotbroken.com/2010-chevro...-angle-picture
Jontall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 06:04 PM   #2
d69chris
Florida C5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Vortech L99 IOM
Send a message via Yahoo to d69chris
Who has these on their car that can give a review???

Interested, but would like some first hand experience.
Old 03-07-2010, 06:07 PM   #3
SupremacyCustoms

Drives: black 2010 2ss/rs camaro
Well we are hoping to have ours soon i have been in a BMW with these but not a camaro.
SupremacyCustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 08:24 PM   #4
lawdogg149

Drives: Corvette ZO6 CSR edition #47
I had them on for about ten miles before being crashed into. Let me say awesome is the best word for it. Also let me say you will have to cut two small holes in the trunk floor to be able to make the adjustments needed without having to remove the whole rear shock section. I would do it again if I had the choice though. After the four wheel alignment job the car just handled like my Z06 does. Forsure the greatest improvement I made in the handling. Also highly recommend the Pfadt sways. I was able to race in four events with just the sways and the car was competing with many exotics and such throughout the whole course (sebring, road atlanta, and Barber)
Old 03-08-2010, 10:16 AM   #5
Team STILLEN

Drives: Varies
I personally have been racing on KW's for years on Corvettes and Mustangs. Their Variant 3 level is superb for the street and can even handle light duty track days. Our customers have given rave reviews for the Camaro sets that we have sold. We're working with KW directly on pushing for a "Clubsport" Version for the Camaro. We are running a crazy promotion for the Variant 1 and Variant 3 Systems which includes free shipping.

PM me for details!
Team STILLEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:22 AM   #6
TrailLaser
The Worlds My Playground.

Drives: TBSS..
Been running them on my TBSS for a few years now, AWESOME product..!
Old 03-22-2010, 04:24 PM   #7
Mark-HD

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange SS
I just got mine installed this weekend. We cut the holes in the trunk for the top adjustment but it wasn't until they were installed that we realized you cannot easily adjust the rear lower adjustment without removing the coilover. I missed it when shopping. What a pain.
2010 Camaro SS, M6, MTI shifter and sway bars, GM quarter flares, Corsa catback, Roto-Fab CAI, 30% tinted windows, Lloyd's custom mats, Hawk ceramic pads, Pedders lower coils, Magnuson supercharger with 3.6 pulley, BMR trailing arms & toe rods, Kook's LT's1 7/8 w/cats, Lingenfelter/SLP billet pedals, KW V'3 Coilovers, RevExtreme catch can, ---Ordered--- IconZ LS7 9 & 11" polished wheels!. Dyno'd 563.05 HP, 543.86 Torq.

Last edited by Mark-HD; 03-23-2010 at 08:38 PM.
Mark-HD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 10:39 AM   #8
Team STILLEN

Mark..... I'm not really sure where you got your information but it is possible without taking the rear shocks off the car to adjust the compression. it may be a pain in the a$$, but it is possible. We are working to see if we can come up with a custom inverted style allen tool for easy access but that is still a bit out. If you have drilled the access hole for the rebound adjustment at the top, you can adjust the rebound. The lower compression adjustment will be a bit harder.

I personally run KW's on 4 of my current project cars and haven't had to remove their dampers on any make or model. I also verified with KW engineering this morning and they have confirmed that you do NOT have to remove the shock but that it is easier if you do. The whole shock does not need to be removed, just the lower shock bolt. However like I said, we are working on a quick fix for that.

Last edited by Team STILLEN; 03-23-2010 at 12:19 PM.
Old 03-23-2010, 10:58 AM   #9
Team STILLEN

Also, just so everyone knows..... STILLEN is having an amazing sale right now on ALL of our Variant 1 and Variant 3 coil over kits through the end of this month including FREE shipping!! PM or email me for the pricing.

STILLEN has been in business for over 25 years so you know you will get the best customer service and the best technical knowledge available.

Our next KW order is showing up in less than 2 weeks and we have pre-sold over 50% of the units we have coming in. We have had incredible customer feedback on the V3 systems and our Mater Technicians love the final fit and finish!
Old 03-23-2010, 11:14 AM   #10
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
Yup - still waiting for mine to be installed - by Stillen

My issue is that I don't think I can have the trunk adjustments installed due to my ******** :( We'll see I guess.

Waiting...
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 08:36 PM   #11
Mark-HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Stillen View Post
Mark..... I'm not really sure where you got your information but it is possible without taking the rear shocks off the car to adjust the compression. it may be a pain in the a$$, but it is possible. We are working to see if we can come up with a custom inverted style allen tool for easy access but that is still a bit out. If you have drilled the access hole for the rebound adjustment at the top, you can adjust the rebound. The lower compression adjustment will be a bit harder.

I personally run KW's on 4 of my current project cars and haven't had to remove their dampers on any make or model. I also verified with KW engineering this morning and they have confirmed that you do NOT have to remove the shock but that it is easier if you do. The whole shock does not need to be removed, just the lower shock bolt. However like I said, we are working on a quick fix for that.

If it can be done I would like to know how. The small access hole won't allow you to move 90 degrees to hit the next hole. We tried for about 15 minutes to no avail. If we made some kind of tool I'm not sure how you could move from hole to hole and count clicks. It looked easier to just drop the lower end of the struts. My point was I wished I had realized before hand I might have gone a different route. I love the ride, much better than the springs I had. I need to adjust the height after it settles, I have about 1/8" difference in rears and almost 1/2" in the front even though we counted threads and set them equally. I understand the cars can vary that much. I really like everything about the KW's other than that one adjustment point. Hell I even like the colors....
2010 Camaro SS, M6, MTI shifter and sway bars, GM quarter flares, Corsa catback, Roto-Fab CAI, 30% tinted windows, Lloyd's custom mats, Hawk ceramic pads, Pedders lower coils, Magnuson supercharger with 3.6 pulley, BMR trailing arms & toe rods, Kook's LT's1 7/8 w/cats, Lingenfelter/SLP billet pedals, KW V'3 Coilovers, RevExtreme catch can, ---Ordered--- IconZ LS7 9 & 11" polished wheels!. Dyno'd 563.05 HP, 543.86 Torq.
Old 03-24-2010, 11:15 AM   #12
Team STILLEN

Mark,

I am working with KW today to get you an answer on the adjustments. There will be some clearancing involved on the rear arms. As for the variations in ride height, when the kit was installed, was teh car scaled as well? We have been able to lock down variations of less then 1/16" cross fronts and 1/16" cross rears even after corner scaling the vehicle. We scale our cars with full driver weight simulators and 1/2 tank of fuel.
Old 03-24-2010, 08:04 PM   #13
Mark-HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Stillen View Post
Mark,

I am working with KW today to get you an answer on the adjustments. There will be some clearancing involved on the rear arms. As for the variations in ride height, when the kit was installed, was teh car scaled as well? We have been able to lock down variations of less then 1/16" cross fronts and 1/16" cross rears even after corner scaling the vehicle. We scale our cars with full driver weight simulators and 1/2 tank of fuel.
Well I watched it done and basically the coilovers were set by counting threads and making them equal. I lowered the left front today 1/2 inch and now the car measures the same on all four corners. Sounds like I need to have it measured while I'm in the seat and do it again. It is within 1/16" front and rear but not with me in it. I was told to allow it to settle a few days then re-align. BTW did I say I love these things!( What a difference...One question though, I couldn't measure the stock height on my car because it had drop coil springs on it already. Right now from concrete to the bottom of the fender well measures 28.5 on the front and 29 on the rear. It looks good but is that too low? It rides great but I don't have a reference on stock height. thanks

Buy um guys, you will love the performance and the ride is great.....
Old 03-24-2010, 08:07 PM   #14
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
Cool! I'm still waiting...........
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote