Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 09-11-2016, 06:27 PM   #99
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Normagene View Post
One can always spend more on mods and end up with a beast of a machine that will blow away any Supercar that cost double. But in the end it's still a modified Chevy or Ford. Supercars are the high end toys for boys!

Like u said you'd buy a Ferrari if u had the money. My hubby prefers the McLaren. And when I make my purchase it will be the Porsche 911 Turbo S. Crazy expensive sure, but if that's what's on your wish list then that's what u buy.

Can someone mod their car for half the price, Of Course, but that's their money and choice. I'm always happy for the person whom does what they want with their money! May not be what I'd do, but it's their money, not mine.
It's not that I don't have the money for a Ferrari, if I wanted to I could buy one, I just don't want to tie up 200k+ in a car that only 2 people can ride in and I'll be walking on glass everywhere I drive it (Worrying). I live lakefront, and I'm actually looking to move into a 50+ foot plus boat soon for the family, will cost me much more than a Ferrari, but at least we can all use it. This is also why I can justify a Corvette or Camaro, just so much power and fun for comparatively little money. But don't get me wrong, I love Ferraris, Lamborghinis, McLarens, etc.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 07:24 PM   #100
Normagene

Drives: 2013 Ashen Gray M6 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
It's not that I don't have the money for a Ferrari, if I wanted to I could buy one, I just don't want to tie up 200k+ in a car that only 2 people can ride in and I'll be walking on glass everywhere I drive it (Worrying). I live lakefront, and I'm actually looking to move into a 50+ foot plus boat soon for the family, will cost me much more than a Ferrari, but at least we can all use it. This is also why I can justify a Corvette or Camaro, just so much power and fun for comparatively little money. But don't get me wrong, I love Ferraris, Lamborghinis, McLarens, etc.

Sorry, I wasn't insinuating you couldn't afford one, like you just stated its all about numerous factors to consider. For some it's just another toy in the toy box, with no worries or concerns.
Normagene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 07:26 PM   #101
Normagene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbosa View Post
With all due respect this is another insane comment because very few automobiles are investments today. Maybe you should go back to to the kitchen where you might advise your hubby cooking for you?

Take it you haven't been to many high end auctions lately. Most of those cars sell for ten times the price they cost just a couple decades ago.
Old 09-11-2016, 07:42 PM   #102
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Quote:
Sorry, I wasn't insinuating you couldn't afford one, like you just stated its all about numerous factors to consider. For some it's just another toy in the toy box, with no worries or concerns.
Oh no that's ok, I wasn't taking it like that anyways. My answer was more of a follow-up on my first post than a reply to yours. No worries .
Old 09-12-2016, 06:48 AM   #103
Kevlar382

Drives: '12 ZL1; '71 RS/Z28; '99 Vette Conv
Sounds like the z/28 is a better buy but the ZL1 is a nicer car
Kevlar382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 07:08 AM   #104
Barbosa
Banned

Drives: Hummer
Quote:
For some it's just another toy in the toy box ....
Nagging wives always like to use the "toy" excuse .....
Barbosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 10:28 AM   #105
Normagene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbosa View Post
Nagging wives always like to use the "toy" excuse .....

Huh??? Boys and their Toys is just a matter of fact, that's how life works. Why would any "wife" complain about her mans toys.

That would be like a man complaining about women and their shoes. Hahahahehehehe. That's just how life works! If a man is that petty he's definitely the wrong man.
Old 09-12-2016, 12:13 PM   #106
flipstyledsm22
Let's go fishing!

Drives: a car with 8 cylinders

I'm surprised this thread is still going. Guess the OP didn't get either vehicle...

flipstyledsm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 01:09 PM   #107
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipstyledsm22 View Post

I'm surprised this thread is still going. Guess the OP didn't get either vehicle...
Let's face it, we all got trolled. Z28 and ZL1 within a grand of each other, LOL!

Z28 would have to be beat to shit/damaged or ZL1 would have to be brand new.

Last edited by Can'tHave2MuchHP; 09-12-2016 at 03:09 PM.