Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > Autos For Sale / Wanted

Old 09-26-2010, 05:16 PM   #1
clove503

Drives: 2010 Black SS/RS
Want to Trade My 9th-Off-the-Production-Line 2010 Camaro for a 2012 Z28.

Hello everyone.

For those of you that have followed this Forum for some time, you might have remembered the talks of the 9th car off the the production line falling into the hands of an average Joe. There was a post about it where someone in this forum believed to have had it incoming to their dealership on their order, which turned out to be false. You can read that post here - http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14776

My post in the topic of the Camaro before I picked it up at getting detailed and such....Notice the vehicle number is 00009.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...319#post531319

Currently my car is in pristine shape. I dont drive it hard, was sure to break the engine in correctly and have only put 11k miles on it to this day since I received it on the first of June 2009. I recognize how special my "number 9" car is in the legacy of the Camaro. I even know the story as to how I was lucky enough to receive this vehicle as all of the top 20 weren't released to the normal public, but GM big-wigs, personal cars for top dealers, Nascar Drivers and celebrities, which only adds to this specific car's history down the line as the car wasn't meant for me...it wasn't ever supposed to be in the hands of anyone not directly connected with GM...I happened to be there on a random day at a random time and asked the right questions. It truly is remarkable that I ended up with this VIN.

I thought I would throw up this request on here just to see if anyone would be interested, I wouldn't know where else to ask something like this or even make this request.

I don't feel the need to sell this car, the only thing I would want a straight up trade for the top of the line Z28 that comes out next year. I realize that down the line 30, 40, 50 years I would be losing money on this deal, yes. But, at the same time I would want this car to go to someone who wants to put it in a garage and not touch it for years. Someone who wants to preserve the thing and keep it in their collection of cars, not just beat the hell out of it.

So if you are interested please PM me and we can talk further about it. I realize that the Z28 is something that isn't coming out for another year, so we would have to work something out in a contract but I am willing to negotiate that. To contact me directly please e-mail me at clove503@comcast.net if you have any questions or, like I said, drop me a PM and I will get back to you.

Thanks
clove503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 05:29 PM   #2
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by clove503 View Post
Hello everyone.

For those of you that have followed this Forum for some time, you might have remembered the talks of the 9th car off the the production line falling into the hands of an average Joe. There was a post about it where someone in this forum believed to have had it incoming to their dealership on their order, which turned out to be false. You can read that post here - http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14776

My post in the topic of the Camaro before I picked it up at getting detailed and such....Notice the vehicle number is 00009.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...319#post531319

Currently my car is in pristine shape. I dont drive it hard, was sure to break the engine in correctly and have only put 11k miles on it to this day since I received it on the first of June 2009. I recognize how special my "number 9" car is in the legacy of the Camaro. I even know the story as to how I was lucky enough to receive this vehicle as all of the top 20 weren't released to the normal public, but GM big-wigs, personal cars for top dealers, Nascar Drivers and celebrities, which only adds to this specific car's history down the line as the car wasn't meant for me...it wasn't ever supposed to be in the hands of anyone not directly connected with GM...I happened to be there on a random day at a random time and asked the right questions. It truly is remarkable that I ended up with this VIN.

I thought I would throw up this request on here just to see if anyone would be interested, I wouldn't know where else to ask something like this or even make this request.

I don't feel the need to sell this car, the only thing I would want a straight up trade for the top of the line Z28 that comes out next year. I realize that down the line 30, 40, 50 years I would be losing money on this deal, yes. But, at the same time I would want this car to go to someone who wants to put it in a garage and not touch it for years. Someone who wants to preserve the thing and keep it in their collection of cars, not just beat the hell out of it.

So if you are interested please PM me and we can talk further about it. I realize that the Z28 is something that isn't coming out for another year, so we would have to work something out in a contract but I am willing to negotiate that. To contact me directly please e-mail me at clove503@comcast.net if you have any questions or, like I said, drop me a PM and I will get back to you.

Thanks
Let me get this right, your the average joe and got it at an average price but your trying to sell it so the average consumer wouldn't be able to afford it? Doesn't make much since. I hope you get exactly what is asked for trade in on a 2010 SS/RS with the 11,000 miles you have on it already you silly rabbit trix are for kids...
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 05:58 PM   #3
9c1ny

Drives: C6 Zed-oh-six
the low vin might add a grand , maybe 2 grand to someone looking for such a thing and thats if you kept it in the wrapper, 11k miles? In Portland I'm sure its only seen rain about a million times

nice car but the chances of you trading it for a car with a 10k MSRP (assuming) over yours are about 0
Old 09-26-2010, 07:34 PM   #4
talwell

Drives: 1969 LS1 Camaro
I hate to be the bearer of bad news - but your car has virtually no significance over any other car that was produced. The fact of the low vin is a "cool" factor only and is of no financial benefit to the value of your car. With 11k miles in mint condition your car would be selling for $28-30k in today's market. The only car with low vins that have any additional value added to them might be the CTF or pre-production cars - regular production cars would not see this appreciation. Your car with 11k miles of usage is already beyond the preservation stage so it would not be of any interest to collectors as well.
talwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 07:44 PM   #5
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by talwell View Post
I hate to be the bearer of bad news - but your car has virtually no significance over any other car that was produced. The fact of the low vin is a "cool" factor only and is of no financial benefit to the value of your car. With 11k miles in mint condition your car would be selling for $28-30k in today's market. The only car with low vins that have any additional value added to them might be the CTF or pre-production cars - regular production cars would not see this appreciation. Your car with 11k miles of usage is already beyond the preservation stage so it would not be of any interest to collectors as well.
In other words you should have flipped it when you took possesion of it, not 11,xxx miles later.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 09:32 PM   #6
Allen English
Every day is a happy day

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS BLK/BLK
Wow good luck....

Nothing ventured nothing gained...

2011 Camaro 2SS/RS A6 Black on Black
2002 S10 PickUp
2007 Victory Red SS Cobalt "For Sale, My wife wants a Chevrolet Volt"
Allen English is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 09:56 PM   #7
F-MAN-SS
F-MAN-SS

Drives: Blown 69' SS, 71' SS/RS 2012 ZL1
Good Luck!

People believe what they want to believe
F-MAN-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 10:01 PM   #8
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
better to sell it now and use the revenue for a downpayment towards the Z...
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 10:11 PM   #9
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
You want to trade staight up for a Z28? I hate to say this, but you have come to the wrong site to try and pull this. Nice try on really talking up the value of the car.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 10:29 PM   #10
zirotti

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Maybe you could try this in 40 years when the car is actually collectable
zirotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 10:36 PM   #11
nardox

Drives: 2015 Camaro Z/28
Unless it's a really special vin like 1(1st), 5(5th Gen), 28(Z28) or something like that, you probably won't be able to sell it for a significantly higher price....
nardox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 08:59 PM   #12
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:10 PM   #13
zirotti

Drives: 2013 ZL1
It may go for a couple hundreds dollar more, but it's not going to go for $15k over sticker for a new SS...
zirotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:17 PM   #14
427Carl
427CARL

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS 6speed
Send a message via Yahoo to 427Carl
Easy Boys

Play nice boys! He was just asking! Now he knows.... I expect my pre-production car to be worth only fair market value as the years go by.. No big money... Just good story...