Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 07-13-2018, 04:15 AM   #1
riozlander
that guy <--------

Drives: 2012 camaro V6 LS M6
fog light covers ?

So ever since I got my camaro the one thing that bugs on my car, the lack of fog lights.

I am a simple person. I like simple clean functional, I absolutely love that chevy left us the option to put fogs in etc etc.........But what if you never wanted that option

is there a fog light cover that covers up that whole useless area so the bumper looks flush vs alternative of fiberglassing the holes out bondo sanding and paint. Ive looked around for a year and found nothing ?
just colored fog light tint wraps

yeah i know im strange <------ (this guys a loony toony just put fog lights in)

just kinda wish chevy went and added like a little cover there just to clean the front up make it uniform all the way across.

kinda tempted to buy a damaged camaro bumper same color as my car and cut a disc out the same size and maybe velcro it on there ?

Last edited by riozlander; 07-13-2018 at 06:51 AM.
riozlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 07:30 AM   #2
Rahnok
Fish Poop Aficionado

Drives: 2015 2LS SIM
I’m planning on trying to make my own bumper ports/fog light covers because this has bothered me too since I have no need for fog lights. There’s also these: https://americancarcraft.com/collect...only-2010-2013

You could paint em if you wanted.
Old 07-13-2018, 08:46 AM   #3
riozlander
that guy <--------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahnok View Post
I’m planning on trying to make my own bumper ports/fog light covers because this has bothered me too since I have no need for fog lights. There’s also these: https://americancarcraft.com/collect...only-2010-2013

i was looking at that my car is already black so it might not look that out of place but for 89$ for Lexan ouch.

altho i do have a electric drill just need a hole saw and Acrylic Sheet.

glad i am not alone on this lol.

i want to make a UDD (ultimate daily driver) just want to bulletproof the car, oil cooler, catch can, slotted rotors, and make the car on the outside serve a purpose, rain guards, brighter side markers, tail lights, reverse lights.

i want the car to be city stealth if that makes sense?
i got the sun bleached window stickers on the back window
some foe empty water bottles in side the car showing nothing of value
still proudly repping the steel rims.
anti theft (cough cough) manual trans
V6 LFX nothing special looking.
i just don't want people to jack my ride, lol or jack it up

i feel the more understated the exterior is the nicer the base model looks,
i think im trying to go for a retired FBI style car, looks stock but you cant put a finger on it subtle changes.
Old 07-13-2018, 08:58 AM   #4
Arogg
A legend in his own mind

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Quote:

Ive never thought about this but after seeing the ones in the link, they might kinda add to the stealth look on my black SS. Already have the black wheels and no stripes.

Color matched OEM GFX / VIS Carbon Fiber Hood (absolute trash quality and customer service ) / Heritage Grille / 5% Windows / 30% Windshield tint with 5% visor strip / Tinted Exterior Lights / Streetfighter LA Spoiler / Morimoto XB LED fogs / LED sidemarkers / Airaid CAI / Hurst Short Throw / TSP LT's / No cats / No resonator / Corsa Xtreme Catback / Trifecta Tune / Factory amp replaced / 2 JL Audio 12's in the trunk / MRR 228 Wheels / BMR Springs / Moog Endlinks / R1 Concepts Rotors & Pads
Arogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 11:27 PM   #5
Jayjellyfish212

Drives: 2014 1LE
If you want the cleanest look as if there never was fog holes etc, your only proper solution is to pull the front clip and do the proper required body work and paint. I don’t think you’ll be happy with anything else or alternatives honestly. I suggest you actually use the fog light holes as a cooling system like brake ducts or as a way to add air flow to the engine bay. Using a set up that is non mechanical is near free mod and benefits your engine due to less requirements of your cooling system.
Old 07-14-2018, 12:28 AM   #6
riozlander
that guy <--------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayjellyfish212 View Post
If you want the cleanest look as if there never was fog holes etc, your only proper solution is to pull the front clip and do the proper required body work and paint. I don’t think you’ll be happy with anything else or alternatives honestly. I suggest you actually use the fog light holes as a cooling system like brake ducts or as a way to add air flow to the engine bay. Using a set up that is non mechanical is near free mod and benefits your engine due to less requirements of your cooling system.
I should say I am looking for a more temp solution. I am still on payments for 2.8 years...all mods must be reversible back to stock.

Its worth a shot I am fine with wasting 80$ on materials and a hole saw bit for a drill. I am already modding a cheap 30$ catch can i have just need the teflon tape and a few nick nacks to button up then its done.

I don't do really any spirited driving work home work home 200+ miles a week 42.5 miles round trip 800-850 miles a month.........I spend more time in my car then my home about 12 hours a day out of my 16 hour day.

for cooling i might use hood spacers where the hood bolts up just to raise the back up and let any heat rise out from there vs heat soaking in traffic. i have a fair bit of stock replacement parts. 2 sets of headlight housings(counting the aftermarket projectors), working on picking up a set of stock 18 inch steel wheels to later strip and polish up try to do a gold face and polish lip look. i take a few weeks to months for projects, working at night kinda eats up your productive day time for drilling and making noise.

extra front grill i want to cut out and replace with honeycomb mesh on both grills. Never been a fan of any grill for this car outside the heritage grill

im sure in no time ill have a dragons hoard of stock parts to mod or cut up.

I am odd as i dont care about brand names, trends, or mixing car company parts i just like unique home made mods that serve no purpose other then it makes the owner happy.
this is all very good advice I thank you for it.

last year i wanted to make a turbo kit and do all this crazy stuff. really i should worry about just paying the car off and do the small DIY stuff i can afford to do that can also be turned back to stock with in a day or 2 if i need to sell.
Old 07-15-2018, 09:55 AM   #7
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
If you want the car to have that subtle look where no one messes with it, I wouldn't do gold wheels with polished edges. That'll just scream pimp daddy ride just steal me.

Also, why would you need put the car back to stock (in a day or two to sell it) if you're going to pay it off?
After you pay it off is when you'll have the mod money.

You can try to make the car subtle looking, but it's still a Camaro. If you really wanted to blend in and not be noticed, you should've bought a Prius. lol!
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 01:01 PM   #8
TheFlyingBananaSS
Evil Genius of Chevrolet

Drives: 2017 Z06, 2019 XTS, 2013 SS
Quote:

You would need to swap to a SS bumper to use these, why bother?

Fits all 2010-2013 Coupe and Convertible SS Camaros.
NOTE: Does not fit standard Camaro.
GPI SS2 VVT cam, ECS Novi 1500 supercharger, Corsa Extreme, Detroit Speed and BMR suspension, Circle D triple disc, Melling oil pump, LS2 chain tensioner, ATI 10% UD, DSX E85 kit, High Energy coils, BTR springs, LS2 Lifter trays, Titanium retainers, hardened push rods, FIC 1000 injectors, ZL1 pump, Mighty Mouse catch can, AEM gauges, Tial BOV, Richmond 3.91 gears, Custom gauge bezels, Speed Engineering headers, Stainless Works HF cats, DSX Aux pump, 710rwhp on E85.
TheFlyingBananaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 09:43 PM   #9
Rahnok
Fish Poop Aficionado

Drives: 2015 2LS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlyingBananaSS View Post
You would need to swap to a SS bumper to use these, why bother?

Fits all 2010-2013 Coupe and Convertible SS Camaros.
NOTE: Does not fit standard Camaro.
My bad... I didn’t realize there was any difference other than the mail slot, but now comparing pictures of both types, I can see the difference.