Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-14-2018, 11:12 AM   #1947
yankee

Drives: 2018 Camaro LT RS, 2015 Mazda 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
I think the final design may have a few tweaks to the front end. That 1LE mule (assuming thats what it is) appears to have painted grille bits under the fangs and body color trim right below the grille which could soften the overall look. We shall see...
This is what gives me hope

https://imgur.com/cEzntwZ
yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 12:50 PM   #1948
JhonnyGTR

Drives: La Macarena
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit Muscle View Post
Agreed. +1

Just black out that bowtie and i think it looks great. Really want to see the 1LE though.
I took advantage of the free time I had to see how the 1le could look from the prototype we saw ... I know it's not perfect, but I made the attempt
Attached Images

JhonnyGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 12:52 PM   #1949
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Nice effort! The grey one needs a black splitter
It also seems all parts below the grille will be body color vs black.
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 12:57 PM   #1950
JhonnyGTR

Drives: La Macarena
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
Nice effort! The grey one needs a black splitter
It also seems all parts below the grille will be body color vs black.
Fixed
Attached Images

JhonnyGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 01:17 PM   #1951
Cgocifer

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
Lipstick on a pig... :-(
Old 05-14-2018, 01:48 PM   #1952
Detroit Muscle

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by JhonnyGTR View Post
I took advantage of the free time I had to see how the 1le could look from the prototype we saw ... I know it's not perfect, but I made the attempt
Nice work man!

Stainless Power Headers, High Flow Cats, CAI intake, SLP Loudmouth 1 exhaust, Dyno tune from Alternative Performance
Detroit Muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 02:01 PM   #1953
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Yep id buy it
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 02:13 PM   #1954
JohnCobalt

Drives: Camaro and Mazda CX3
Quote:
Fixed
Good photoshop job. I’m glad you did that (I don’t have to now) so I can see that even a 1LE can’t fix this atrocity. It’s so unfortunate.
I’ve loved the 1LE since I found out about it in 2013. I even liked the ‘14 refresh and of course I’m freakin in love with the 6th gen.
My next purchase was going to be a 1LE but I can’t get down with that thing. I hope I find a decent used 6th gen in a year or so.

Autotrader: one yellow 5th gen 1LE with 96,000 miles on it 475 miles from your zip code.
Me: life is not worth living anymore.
JohnCobalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 02:17 PM   #1955
lt4camaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 10 speed auto
Quote:
Fixed
The bowtie has to go up into the grille...period
lt4camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 02:19 PM   #1956
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
First of all, I'm sorry for not doing it when I told you, I had a lot of work to do in college and I missed my time.

I know that we are more or less in the stage to defend why we love it and defend why we hate it, but I want us to focus on this part, why this Camaro has more heritage than 16-18, why the word CAMARO it comes to mind every time we see it, and why Chevrolet has not thrown 50 years of an iconic car in the trash. Maybe after this you'll see a little sense of this beautiful "Frankenstein", maybe some like it, maybe others hate it, we do not care, we're just going to make things clear here. after that, you decide which side to take ... and for the love of Julia, do not become a mosquito submerging that hates it ... nor that you love it, just debate.

As we are only going to focus on the front, I will divide it into three parts; 4th Gen, 2nd Gen and 3rd Gen. And here we start:

Relationship with the fourth generation:

1- HEADLIGHTS CAVITY: Although it does not look like it, the Refresh of the sixth generation of the Camaro has a similarity with the fourth, and is at the entrance of its headlights. from the third generation until the fourth before its respective refresh, the Camaro has had the cavity of the headlights, black, and in this refresh that part has been taken into account apparently, even if we look at their respective headlights, the light bulb makes reference that the headlights are divided like quadlights because this one has a finer lens than the rest of the lighthouse that looks thicker, and if you do not believe me then look at the post # 1933.

Relationship with the second generation:

1- BADGE POSITION: Yes, the apple of the disc .... The bowtie of discord apparently has a possible justification of why it is in the middle of the two grills. In the second generation of the Camaro, say 1970 to 1973 and only in those models identified as SS and also had the option of a split bumper, came with the logo "SS" in the middle of the grill, even the first generation had that peculiarity in 1969 in said SS models. Now in the new Refresh and specifically the SS model took the same, but with the chevrolet logo and in the black bar between the grills that gives the illusion that it is a BIG grill. Beautiful recreation, no? Do not respond

2-CHROME BARS ... OR AT LEAST THE SHAPE: Another characteristic in common are the chrome bars, or at least in the new Refresh they have taken that shape at the ends of the bumper, and another thing is that the part of the bumper that is between the chrome bar and the grille in the second generation it is evident in this refresh, only that it does not reach the bottom of the bumper so that the lower grill runs to the ends and achieves that sadistic smile.

3- FOG LIGHTS:They are the same, the only thing that varies is the technology of each one and its size, but with regard to form and position, they are the same.

Relationship with the fifth Generation:

1- SS BADGE: I do not think I have to explain it
By the way, the entrance of the upper grill now has a width and shape similar to that of the fifth generation, only with its own design.

All this combination is accommodated in such a way that it can flow according to the silhouette of the vehicle, and maybe it looks more sporty, but not for the reason you think, at least that's what I think it. Definitely has its unique characteristics, because each Camaro brings something unique in its generation, but the Legacy can not be denied.

Who does not know the history of something, has no right to mention it to defend why he does not like his change.

If you like the car, Amen, if not, then Amen too, just try to be coherent and do not say anything that comes to your head to make others understand that you are "right" ... and I'm not saying this because of Shaffe, I say it in general for anyone who is going to say something against or in favor of the car.

This is my perspective of what I see in the car, the heritage that I see in it, and I love it, and if they do not agree well that is respected, every taste must be respected

And now without further ado I will show in photos those features that I talked about above
I appreciate the time and effort you put in here. All though I have to say a lot of those seem like grasping at straws to me. Hell a few of those things I would say were coincidence more than planned. I see some of the things, but they don't scream OMG Camaro heritage to me. Maybe it's because to me, I see every modern concept auto makers give cars to make them look sporty/aggressive maybe that is what is blocking me from seeing the cues, but I just don't see them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
I dont see any of those relationships to the split bumper or any of the old designs. Talk about a stretch.
If anything, it looks like a design change was in order for the Chevy line up as a whole. The SS looks more like the new Silverado than anything else good or bad. Im waiting to see cheek pieces pop up on the entire line. At least the Impala still looks good. I guess its getting the axe though. Im glad there are folks that like this new design. For those that do, go buy one to keep the Camaro alive.
This ^ and that is not a good thing. The Silverado was beaten with an ugly stick after it fell off the ugly tree smacking every branch on the way down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChrisLS3 View Post
Just about no one has seen it in person as of yet.

Now I can only speak for myself, but among the things that I think were improvement over the 5th Gen was that the 6th Gen had a much sleeker appearance. Blacking out the bumper cover and putting the emblem, flow tie or not, in the middle of it, took that sleek look away. I know that the actual dimensions are probably unchanged, but it the from looks bigger and less aerodynamic. I understand that there is some more airflow with this front end, but I think they could've achieved that and kept the sleeker feel.

The protruding taillights look bug eyed to me and are completely non cohesive to the rest of the car.
This sums it up quite nicely. The new design to my eyes, makes it look disproportionate.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 02:39 PM   #1957
yankee

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCobalt View Post
Autotrader: one yellow 5th gen 1LE with 96,000 miles on it 475 miles from your zip code.
At least you found one Chevrolet AND living in Canada got me 0 chances to get the yellow Camaro that I want.

Hope's not dying yet, still...
Old 05-14-2018, 03:01 PM   #1958
init4fun

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary
The more pics you guys post the worse this thing looks.... The 1LE rendering is worse than the normal 2SS. Please dear god someone stop them..
init4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 03:15 PM   #1959
my1stchevy

Drives: 2016 Camaro HBM 2SS NPP MRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by init4fun View Post
The more pics you guys post the worse this thing looks.... The 1LE rendering is worse than the normal 2SS. Please dear god someone stop them..

Stop who? Chevy or the users on the thread with photoshop renderings lol
my1stchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 03:19 PM   #1960
yankee

Quote:
Originally Posted by my1stchevy View Post
Stop who? Chevy or the users on the thread with photoshop renderings lol
Chevy! We're all trying...
We (ok... most of us) want our badass, slick, beautiful Camaro back

Tags
2019 camaro refresh, 2020 camrao, becky, beckyd, camaro refresh, camarodestroyed, new camaro, ugly camaro, wtf?!?!