Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 03-26-2009, 07:58 AM   #43
Silver Streak

Drives: 2008 Cobalt SS/TC
Send a message via AIM to Silver Streak Send a message via MSN to Silver Streak
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1982camaro View Post
wtf?

so those snot nosed teenagers in the new cobalt SS will be able to go faster than me?

this is unfair
Snot nosed teenagers huh! Unfair? The cobalt ss is one hell of a performer, and the base is 2k above the base Camaro, so how is it unfair. Some people buy the cobalt ss because of it is one of the biggest sleepers out there, and all around performance is outstanding! Some of those people are not snot nosed teenages, but rather someone who appreciates a well built car!

"The future is in the windshield, not the rear-view mirror!"

"If you haven't gone a 175 mph on land, you haven't lived! That's just a fact!" - Ricky Bobby

Last edited by Silver Streak; 03-26-2009 at 08:17 AM.
Silver Streak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 08:10 AM   #44
Silver Streak

Drives: 2008 Cobalt SS/TC
Send a message via AIM to Silver Streak Send a message via MSN to Silver Streak
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE EVIL TW1N View Post
eh, speed is all relative. I thought the GTO was a good base to start off with, but not FAST. Don't get me wrong, I don't think my car is fast either, it's not even a car/power range to aim for. I think fast STARTS in the 550-600 rwhp range +, and that's just the BEGINNING.

Then again, that's just my opinion.
550 - 600 rwhp is way above fast! If you really think that is what fast is, then there would be nothing stock out there other than your high end cars that are in that range. I think fast comes long before that! 550 - 600 rwhp is faster than alot of people can handle. Also would like to point out fast can be taking a hairpin @ 60mph, it all depends on what you are doing. Take it to a road course and fast is alot less mph than straight lining it. IMO. I know one thing for sure in my previous evo(when it was stock), my passengers thought fast was way before 100 mph with less than 300 hp to the crank. When it was modded to 600 awhp, it was just plain crazy crazy fast. A 10 sec car is above just fast! Again IMO

"The future is in the windshield, not the rear-view mirror!"

"If you haven't gone a 175 mph on land, you haven't lived! That's just a fact!" - Ricky Bobby
Silver Streak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 09:13 AM   #45
Embalmer
2G1FT1EWXA9103351

Drives: 2SS RS, SIM, 6pd, 20"Alum
Cobalts and G8's are not very cool looking IMO. Seriously....

I personally would not buy either, no matter how they performed.
Embalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 09:22 AM   #46
GeorgeInNePa
Plastic Cuttin' Badass

Drives: '08 G8GT 6.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Embalmer View Post
Cobalts and G8's are not very cool looking IMO. Seriously....

I personally would not buy either, no matter how they performed.
It's a good thing that they make chocolate and vanilla.
FasterProms Tune, Ported TB/Intake - HSRK - Vararam - SLP 25% UD Pulley - ARH 1 3/4" Longtubes - Pypes Violators - Yank 3200 Converter - PCM4Less Trans Cooler - DashHawk - All Pedders Bushings, Xa Coil-Overs - Spohn Arms - Billet Prototypes Catch Can - Skinnies on GTO rims - ET Streets on F Body Rims - SJM LineLoc - 3.70gears/Harrop TrueTrac
Coming Soon: Ported Heads/Cam/DoD Delete
GeorgeInNePa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 10:01 AM   #47
O2BQIK

Drives: 1991 Camaro RS
You really can't compare two different magazine tests on two different days, on two different tracks, with two different drivers, and then when one car is one tenth of a second faster to 60, consider that conclusive proof that it is a faster car. Those with racing experience will know that even the same car same track same driver, the weather and track surface vary enough that you won't get the same time every try.

The GXP is a nice car and it could be faster, but you shouldn't consider this proof of it. Find someone who has one and go to the track
Old 03-26-2009, 02:34 PM   #48
1982camaro

Drives: 1982 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Streak View Post
Snot nosed teenagers huh! Unfair? The cobalt ss is one hell of a performer, and the base is 2k above the base Camaro, so how is it unfair. Some people buy the cobalt ss because of it is one of the biggest sleepers out there, and all around performance is outstanding! Some of those people are not snot nosed teenages, but rather someone who appreciates a well built car!
sorry, it's just that in my area all i see is immature teenagers in cobalt SS's. By immature i mean reving their engine for no reason, doing peel-outs, and thinking they are world class drivers when they just barely got their license.
1982camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 05:21 PM   #49
TT C6
Banned

Drives: C6, 96 383ci Z28 hardtop
Quote:
I think fast STARTS in the 550-600 rwhp range +, and that's just the BEGINNING.
Then again, that's just my opinion.
I agree.
And it's not your opinion, it's a fact.

11's=quick stock
10's=fast stock
9's=fast
TT C6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 07:11 PM   #50
NightmareSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 92 300zx 2001 Ram
Quote:
in what way?
people are saying the gear ratio is gonna be better on the 2011 and they are getting all the options that didnt make it in time for production like abl on dash and hud...and possibly navi
Old 03-26-2009, 07:34 PM   #51
carfansince73

Drives: Carefully
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareSS View Post
people are saying the gear ratio is gonna be better on the 2011 and they are getting all the options that didnt make it in time for production like abl on dash and hud...and possibly navi
They should make it a no charge option because then their posted gas mileage will go down, and they don't need that with big brother government watching over their shoulders. Me, I'll take the standard ratio with lower revs at highway speed and just add some power if I need to go faster. Hey, wait a minute, that's my plan already!!
2010 1SS RS, LS3, SIM/Black, painted rally stripes, AAC sidemarkers, Sunroof, B.A. sound sys; 20x9.5 & 20x11 SV1-C5's; MGW short shifter; Hotchkis Track Pack; Corsa catback; Kooks 1 7/8"; ADM Street; Magnacharger TVS2300 - 548rwhp/512rwtq
1100- 2/18/09; 3800- 6/15/09 VIN#18308; Delivered 6/29/09!!!!!

2014 CTS-V Sedan, Black/Black, Auto, Recaros, Ultra-view, Red Brembos. Stock
carfansince73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 08:01 PM   #52
888GT#31

Drives: 2008 G8 GT Liquid Red :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeInNePa View Post
It's a good thing that they make chocolate and vanilla.
What are we chopped liver in here?
888GT#31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 10:30 PM   #53
daniel@txangl.com

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS,09 G8 GXP,00 TA
Hey all, I am new here, but had to post. I have a 2010 Camaro 2SS M6 and my Wife has an 09 Pont G8 GXP. My Camaro is not broken in yet so I am being easy on it, but let me tell you, the GXP is fast and from what I can tell, it will beat my Camaro with those rear gears in it. I am sure this will stir up some #$#$. I would never admit that to my wife, but I am telling you guys that the GXP has the advantage with those gears. My first mod will be 3.73's Camaro. BTW, I love driving BOTH of these cars. So far, I have only seen one other Camaro in Austin outside of mine on the road.
daniel@txangl.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 11:11 PM   #54
songsj

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS Summit White
3:73's will be nice, 3:42's aint bad. 4th Gen Z28 A4"s came with 2:72's and the 3:23's were a performance upgrade. Made a big difference. I think the SS manuals and Firebird WS6"S came with 3:42's so the stock 3:42's in the 5th Gen should be pretty darn nice with the extra HP. 3:73's will be a bonus. However a lot of LS engine owners thought the LT1 engins had a little more low end torque but flattened out where as the LS engine had less low end torque but a more even power distribution over tthe rpm range. I'm not sure but I'v always thought my "97 Z28 A4 with 3:23's kicked some pretty good butt. Also is it not interesting that the 2010 Camaro 1/4 mile record right now was set with a auto tranny
songsj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 11:57 PM   #55
Restroom
Screw it; buying a Vette

Drives: '08 Corvette C6 Coupe (A6)
I drove a GXP and it was almost an insulting experience. Everything to do with driving is vague; the steering meanders, the pedals are in a different timezone than the rest of the car, and the brakes only decide to bite at a certain and unnervingly long depth of pedal travel. It gets up to speed without getting excited about it, there's no violence, no sound, and the tranny just doesn't seem to care for being abused on a hard launch. The car felt ten years old off the showroom floor. The radio is perhaps an afterthought, mounted in such a way as to perpetually catch any light source and require its own sunshade even on an overcast afternoon. Climate control has a mind of its own and the window actuators are right where your hand comes down while you're wondering where the cupholders are. I never found the door locks. A great vista of blobby plastic rises majestically over the part of the dash where you used to take note of where your hood was. The wheel telescopes, amazingly, but already sits on so long a stalk as to require you to assume a bobsled-like pose if you're under 6'5. It has something like 145 air/ballastbags to accentuate the billet-iron doors and seat bolsters, an effort to meet Pontiac's ever-estimable weight requirement. The salesman offered to fill the tires with radon. It costs a great deal more than it should, then gets slapped with a gas tax, while looking and feeling no more fun than a trip to the proctologist.
Restroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 12:23 AM   #56
THE EVIL TW1N
Banned

Drives: 2003 Cobra Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Restroom View Post
I drove a GXP and it was almost an insulting experience. Everything to do with driving is vague; the steering meanders, the pedals are in a different timezone than the rest of the car, and the brakes only decide to bite at a certain and unnervingly long depth of pedal travel. It gets up to speed without getting excited about it, there's no violence, no sound, and the tranny just doesn't seem to care for being abused on a hard launch. The car felt ten years old off the showroom floor. The radio is perhaps an afterthought, mounted in such a way as to perpetually catch any light source and require its own sunshade even on an overcast afternoon. Climate control has a mind of its own and the window actuators are right where your hand comes down while you're wondering where the cupholders are. I never found the door locks. A great vista of blobby plastic rises majestically over the part of the dash where you used to take note of where your hood was. The wheel telescopes, amazingly, but already sits on so long a stalk as to require you to assume a bobsled-like pose if you're under 6'5. It has something like 145 air/ballastbags to accentuate the billet-iron doors and seat bolsters, an effort to meet Pontiac's ever-estimable weight requirement. The salesman offered to fill the tires with radon. It costs a great deal more than it should, then gets slapped with a gas tax, while looking and feeling no more fun than a trip to the proctologist.
Umm... have you driven a camaro yet?? I hope the GXP got your expectations down... A WHOLE LOT... otherwise you will most likely be disappointed.
THE EVIL TW1N is offline   Reply With Quote