Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 04-30-2009, 03:34 PM   #1
wirebender

Drives: 2017 ZL1, A10, White, sunroof, nav
guess as to my build date?

Ordered 2SS/A6 Red jewel/black int on 4/21. No TPW yet. Have enjoyed your awesome site and the great info & pics tremendously. Thanx alot.
Anybody have any clue as to when I might expect build? I realize its a guesstimate!

Last edited by wirebender; 04-30-2009 at 04:07 PM. Reason: oops
wirebender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 04:36 PM   #2
darty111

Drives: F'ing rental till cam get here
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wirebender View Post
Ordered 2SS/A6 Red jewel/black int on 4/21. No TPW yet. Have enjoyed your awesome site and the great info & pics tremendously. Thanx alot.
Anybody have any clue as to when I might expect build? I realize its a guesstimate!
guess july delivery
darty111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 05:42 PM   #3
2010SSRS

Drives: 2000 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by wirebender View Post
again, it depends a lot on your dealer. what allocation, if one, are you? how many in front of you? how many build allocations is you dealer getting for May?

without knowing that, it could be anytime from now thru Oct! build wise, i think the July guesstamite is where i would hope for. that way if its sooner, it's a bonus!

if your dealers on par with mine, end of June - early July is were i sit and i ordered 4/11. BUT, i have 3 orders ahead of me and my dealer on got 2 build allocations for May. you might be better off!

VR 2SSRS LS3 - Borla, SLP CAI
2010SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 05:52 PM   #4
KATHY63

Drives: 2010 IOM manual 2SS
I was told about 3 weeks ago our build date was this week, now they don't know when our build date is because they say they are waiting on parts. I am really getting discouraged at this point. Our dealership has received 2 camaro's so far. From what I could tell, the vin showed up on this website and then about a week later the dealer had it. We ordered in Oct., then the dealership closed and ordered again in Feb. The last time I talked to someone in our dealership was mid-March and he said that we were getting close. We were at 3500 then. When I told him a couple more months then, he laughed and said I don't think that it will be that long, but tomorrow is May 1. What happened to updating the vin numbers? My husband goes on some website and they are over 6200 built. This website is only at 1739.
KATHY63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 06:02 PM   #5
2010SSRS

Drives: 2000 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by KATHY63 View Post
I was told about 3 weeks ago our build date was this week, now they don't know when our build date is because they say they are waiting on parts. I am really getting discouraged at this point. Our dealership has received 2 camaro's so far. From what I could tell, the vin showed up on this website and then about a week later the dealer had it. We ordered in Oct., then the dealership closed and ordered again in Feb. The last time I talked to someone in our dealership was mid-March and he said that we were getting close. We were at 3500 then. When I told him a couple more months then, he laughed and said I don't think that it will be that long, but tomorrow is May 1. What happened to updating the vin numbers? My husband goes on some website and they are over 6200 built. This website is only at 1739.
TPW = Target production WEEK. first, i really feel for all of you early orders. i think GM dropped the ball in a bad way on this one. second, there's still one more day this week and third, i heard awhile ago the TPW was about 3 weeks behind schedule. i'm sure they've closed the gap, but never-the-less.

VR 2SSRS LS3 - Borla, SLP CAI
2010SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 07:01 PM   #6
dirtdog67
Menehune

Drives: Currently: 2010 Camaro
The dealership in my town is still waiting for Camaro #12. I don't know what's going on.
Old 04-30-2009, 07:10 PM   #7
RT21
Sage of Thread Killing

Drives: IBM Tumbler
Quote:
Originally Posted by KATHY63 View Post
What happened to updating the vin numbers? My husband goes on some website and they are over 6200 built. This website is only at 1739.
You're probably looking at the dead database that Chevy killed. OUR SITE says this ATM....

Quote:
Originally Posted by REBOURN View Post
I have been reading the forum for quit some time time now and have found a lot of great information that helped me when I ordered my Camaro. So Thank you to all for the info these past months. As I just received my Vin# this morning it is 2G1KFk1EJ3A9106518 and was told by my dealer we could expect to see it in 10 to15 days. We'll see if that happens. I have not seen any Vin # this high so far on any tracking sheets so in case anyone else is looking for a time frame maybe this will help.

"It's better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln
Quote:
Silver Streak: This car is screaming Camaro all the way through. If you are still complaining about the Camaro, you need to re-evaluate!
Edmunds: "You want to kick ass, or fondle the door panels, sissy?" LOL!!!
Blur: You need to develop your own level of badassery before handling a car with so much badass content.
pinkcamaro10: "gained the faith back" Thanks guys! "Patiently" waiting thanks to all the pink milk people!
http://camaro5rt.mybrute.com
RT21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 08:59 PM   #8
wirebender

Drives: 2017 ZL1, A10, White, sunroof, nav
allocation 6 of 6

My dealer was alloted 6 for April and I believe I was 5 or 6 of 6.
I was hoping June...they guessed about 8 weeks, however July may be more realistic.....oh well, it'll be a GREAT birthday present to myself!!!! Have I got a great wife or what???!!!
wirebender is offline   Reply With Quote