Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-28-2016, 09:05 PM   #1
vestalsin

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS Inferno Orange
Ticking noise after header install

So i had my doug thorley 336 short headers installed today. I have MRT V2 axel back installed along with CAI intake. Before the install had no issues car sounded good. However after install i hear a ticking almost bee sound when i accelerate. During idle no issues. Anyone have had this sound. I checked outside of car and couldnt tell if it was coming from my axel back exhuast or directly under the car. I read a few places that it could be just becuase the they are thinner than stock and can cause more noise becuase stocks are more shielded per say. I also heard it could be from a spark plug not tightend up all the way. I have no check engine lights on and the shop i had install them is a good reputable shop. Any ideas anyone. I almost feel like the axel back are not tightend up enough as they are clamped on and maybe causing a air leak. I will try to see if i can get a good video of the sound. Please let me know your thoughts. Kinda of at a loss here cause i didnt have this problem before. 2010 V6
Old 03-28-2016, 10:10 PM   #2
Gee
Silver Ice

Drives: 2011 1LT Coupe SIM
Normal. Don't worry its your normal engine sounds just amplified through the thinner piping.
Gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 10:14 PM   #3
vestalsin

Really? It is pretty loud. Would some header wrap maybe help muffle it. Kind of annoying in my opinion. Almost dont see much of a change honestly in power. Kinda seems a bit slower in low end.
Old 03-29-2016, 10:07 PM   #4
vestalsin

Repaired. Went back to shop and found out he missed a spot when welding on the headers to the pipes. Sounds great now. Thanks for the replies.
Old 03-30-2016, 04:41 AM   #5
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vestalsin View Post
Repaired. Went back to shop and found out he missed a spot when welding on the headers to the pipes. Sounds great now. Thanks for the replies.
Good to hear all is well.......ENJOY