Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 12:45 AM   #183
quedogf94

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro Black on Black
I also like the sound of the exhaust, but the sound of those turbos is something you don't hear everyday, it sounds very intimidating, that's what Bumble Bee should have sounded like. It reminds me of the movie War of the Worlds, those big machine guns on fighter jets and giant robots, when you hear that sound, you know it's the END. Someone stated that it sounds like a vacuum cleaner, that's right, it's going to suck up everything in its path.
Old 08-20-2009, 01:15 AM   #184
Andro
NOICE!!! ™

Drives: Force Fed 427
OMG!
Old 08-20-2009, 01:59 AM   #185
Blakout

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS NPP
You guys complaining about the sound forget that this car still has stock exhaust on it. Wait for them to throw on a cat-back or diverter system and then have them re-record the sound. I bet you'll love it.
Old 08-20-2009, 02:05 AM   #186
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
That's what I'm hoping for. Throw a diverter kit, open it up and record it for me. =)
Old 08-20-2009, 02:17 AM   #187
sav1

Drives: 2009 Corvette Z06
Jtin - I have a few questions. First off, I know as much about turbos as I do under- water basket weaving.

1. This kit will or will NOT work with Lt'S?
2. Will this kit come with a CARB sticker?, Does it even matter in CA.?
3. Once kit is installed with tune, what, if any maintenance will it require?
4. Running at the "safe" 8.5 psi, i'm assuming it will NOT damage a stock ls3/L99 engine?

ps: I love the music in the video.
Old 08-20-2009, 07:49 AM   #188
FunkyELF

Drives: 1999 Pontiac Firebird
The original dyno looked a little low don't you think? Are they trying to make a bigger deal out of this?
Old 08-20-2009, 08:12 AM   #189
mr_desmo
Banned

Drives: beated up old mini austin
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav1 View Post
Jtin - I have a few questions. First off, I know as much about turbos as I do under- water basket weaving.

4. Running at the "safe" 8.5 psi, i'm assuming it will NOT damage a stock ls3/L99 engine?

forget about being legal in california as it wont be able to run the stock cats...maybe put some high flow but it wont be legal; thrust me on that...

I love the work but would you do a lighweight single exit (probably what 4 inch?) with a magnaflow muffler in there ?

how do you reroute the single downpipe with the stock h-pipe true dual exhaust??? Its just a waste of power for a turbo car isnt it? especially with the giga big resonator of the l99?

Make a clip of a single all the way back; must compliment the sound nicely !
Old 08-20-2009, 08:24 AM   #190
Forrest

Drives: 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
Except the turbo spool is so loud you can't even hear the tires squealing...

Sounds like a fighter jet turbine, and this baby gets up and goes. I'm personally looking for something a little bit quieter. I'd still lke to be able to hear the v8 rumble.

Do you guys have any videos of inside the cabin during pulls? Thanks!
My car will be a Daily Driver, so +1 on maybe wanting to hear the inside cabin video for the pulls. Or even when its just running. But Oh MY God. I figured I would go S/C, but that sound, wow. My business is all yours for the taking.

AMAZING work guys.
Old 08-20-2009, 08:24 AM   #191
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
K - impressed w/ the V8, now let's see some V6#s...but can the drivetrain handle this much power?(either engines) and does the motor need to be broken in prior to getting a turbo/SC installed?
Old 08-20-2009, 08:39 AM   #192
Camar0wn3d
formerly "wh0rsep0wer"

Drives: 2016 1SS Summit White
So the $6995 includes installation and tune (for the first three)? Are these slots still available? Dyno tuned or standard tune?

2012 2LS - Black A6 (SOLD)

2016 1SS Summit White A8
Old 08-20-2009, 08:50 AM   #193
Kyle.Gilmour
Charter Circle Member

Drives: 427 LSX- with TWINS
Location: Back in Michigan!! Do miss ATX and my Tejas friends
Send a message via AIM to Kyle.Gilmour
subscribed for updates
Old 08-20-2009, 10:05 AM   #194
JTinFL

Drives: Fast ones
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtrpryde View Post
Hmm well let's see. The car is silent with stock exhaust, so it makes sense all you can hear is the turbo spooling...
You are exactly right, the turbo is really loud because there is a stock exhaust on the car so the car in general is very quiet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAkrish View Post
what is the cost of the kit?
Cost of the kit is $5995 for the tuner kit and $6799 for the full kit. We are offering free install on the first three but I am pretty sure that we have those lined up. One for sure and two we are waiting on a deposit to lock in the spots.

Normal install is going to be around $1500-2000 plus 500 for the full tune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalKev View Post
You guys owe me a keyboard because I just flooded my old one with drool after watching the videos.
Haha, no problem!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazzi1397 View Post
Im not an expert here but how would the stock Brembo brakes equipped on the SS handle this massive power increase? are they good enough? should we upgrade the brakes too?
thanks
The brembo brakes are perfect on this car. They stopped it very quickly from 100 to 0. I dont think there would be any reason to upgrade them unless its a track car.

Last edited by JTinFL; 09-23-2009 at 08:25 AM.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:11 AM   #195
JTinFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav1 View Post

Thanks man. The kit will not work with the V6s because there is no way to tune it as of now. We are not sure if it would bolt right up but will know shortly.

No Carb sticker because of no cats, we will be making a kit with cats though and try to get it certified for you guys.

The turbo kit, once installed properly there should be no more maintenance than a normal NA car would have. The parts are high quality and will last forever.

As long as it is setup and tuned properly, there should be no damage done to the L99/LS3 engine at all at these levels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
Except the turbo spool is so loud you can't even hear the tires squealing...

Sounds like a fighter jet turbine, and this baby gets up and goes. I'm personally looking for something a little bit quieter. I'd still lke to be able to hear the v8 rumble.

Do you guys have any videos of inside the cabin during pulls? Thanks!
Honestly we have video of driving all around with the windows down but you cant hear much from inside the car.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:12 AM   #196
JTinFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by wh0rsep0wer View Post
So the $6995 includes installation and tune (for the first three)? Are these slots still available? Dyno tuned or standard tune?
For the first three that we get deposit for, it will be free installation and free dyno tuned. Give us a call today or send me a pm if you would like to lock that spot up. As I said before, we have one paid and a lot of people saying they want the second and third spot but no deposit from them yet.

Dont miss out on this great deal!!

Closed Thread