Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 03-16-2018, 10:13 AM   #1
HOTCIVIC

Drives: Camaro
BMR Suspension

I ordered the TCA026 trailing arms and the BK006 ota bushings on 3/9 which was exactly one week ago.

I'm a little irritated that it's been over a week and the order hasn't even shipped yet.

I emailed BMR and they responded promptly and they were friendly, which I will say is good customer service. But they said that they had to "build" the trailing arms. Is that normal that you have to build trailing arms from scratch after an order? And how long does it take to build a couple of metal bars?

I went with BMR because they have a great presence and great reputation on this forum, but in this day and age for a simple order like this, taking a week to ship with no heads up to the customer at time of purchase is bad practice.

Here's BMR's shipping disclaimer on the site:

"In-stock parts ordered by 3pm Eastern time will ship the same day. BMR Suspension, Inc. ships all orders UPS Ground unless otherwise specified. UPS next day air, 2nd day air and 3-day select are only available on items that are in stock at the time of order. Canada, Hawaii and Alaska shipments may ship US Postal Service if requested in advance. BMR Suspension does not ship product using other small-package carriers. Any shipment that is refused without authorization will be subject to original shipping charges, return shipping charges, and a restocking fee."

Here's some feedback - how about have a note in the cart that says "out of stock - item needs to be fabricated. will fabricate and ship out within 1-2 weeks"? Don't make it appear that you have them in stock and will ship out right away if you don't have the product in stock. Then my expectations are set and I'm not sitting around thinking, jeez it didn't ship today - maybe tomorrow? Going through that every day is annoying. Being annoyed every day does not make for a good customer experience.

Just giving my feedback - if it was my company I would expect customers do the same. That way I can adjust and mold a better customer experience.

Last edited by HOTCIVIC; 03-30-2018 at 10:43 AM.
HOTCIVIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 10:49 AM   #2
saluki

Drives: 2017 Silverado
It is pretty normal for a chassis shop to build when things are ordered. Honestly BMR is one of the best about having some built ahead of time.

'13 SS @ Burkhart Chassis
saluki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 11:04 AM   #3
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Sorry that you feel that you had a Bad Experience.

Let me try to explain a couple of Factors;

1. This is the Busiest time of the year in Performance parts business - people getting their Tax Refunds, Racing season is coming up, I'm tired of being buried in 12 feet of snow & I want to drive my car, etc. This can lead to delays on parts that on other parts of the year would be on the shelf.

2. It's not a matter of how long does it take to make a couple of Bars. We don't have Welders sitting around waiting on an Order so they can whip it out. There is a Production Schedule and parts are made in Batchs

3. We are in the midst of moving to a New Facility that is 4X times larger than our present facility that we only moved into 5 years ago. We will be keeping this Building as well. This is all done to Build the Brand & help our customers. Unfortunately this results in occasional "Growing Pains".

4. As far as having Notes on our Website, we are a Manufacturing Facility, what is on the shelf this morning, may not be on the shelf in a hour. I would need 2 or 3 people to do what you are asking and that would add to the Cost of your product, which no one would want.

5. Did you check with any of our Stocking Distributors to see if they had these in Stock for you?

6. When you receive your Parts, you will be happy. We strive to build the best quality performance parts for the money!
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 11:18 AM   #4
14ssrs6man

Drives: Summit White 2014 2SS/RS 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post

1. This is the Busiest time of the year in Performance parts business - people getting their Tax Refunds, Racing season is coming up, I'm tired of being buried in 12 feet of snow & I want to drive my car, etc. This can lead to delays on parts that on other parts of the year would be on the shelf.

2. It's not a matter of how long does it take to make a couple of Bars. We don't have Welders sitting around waiting on an Order so they can whip it out. There is a Production Schedule and parts are made in Batchs

3. We are in the midst of moving to a New Facility that is 4X times larger than our present facility that we only moved into 5 years ago. We will be keeping this Building as well. This is all done to Build the Brand & help our customers. Unfortunately this results in occasional "Growing Pains".

4. As far as having Notes on our Website, we are a Manufacturing Facility, what is on the shelf this morning, may not be on the shelf in a hour. I would need 2 or 3 people to do what you are asking and that would add to the Cost of your product, which no one would want.

5. Did you check with any of our Stocking Distributors to see if they had these in Stock for you?

6. When you receive your Parts, you will be happy. We strive to build the best quality performance parts for the money!

Excellent response!
Old 03-16-2018, 11:36 AM   #5
HOTCIVIC

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post

I hope it doesn't appear that I am ripping on you guys, because I'm not trying to do that at all. This is the feedback forum so I'm giving feedback.

I want to reiterate that in all of my communication with BMR, you guys have replied promptly and you've been friendly, which goes a long way with me and I think that's great customer service.

I don't handle your inventory management system so I have no clue what its like, but I still believe that there should be some communication either before the order, or when the invoice goes out, whether or not an item is in stock and what the estimated ship date is. If you say you would need to hire 2 or 3 more guys to do something like that, then there isn't anything I can say to that. Maybe in the future that's something you can try to implement as you upgrade your tech, if you find that it's cost effective.

Also - I would have checked with a stocking distributor had I known you didn't have the items in stock. But I'm not going to cancel the order to do that now, I'll just wait.

I'm sure the trailing arms and bushings are top notch. BMR has a great rep on this forum. I'll be sure to do another review once I receive everything and get it installed.
HOTCIVIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 01:18 PM   #6
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTCIVIC View Post

I don't handle your inventory management system so I have no clue what its like, but I still believe that there should be some communication either before the order, or when the invoice goes out, whether or not an item is in stock and what the estimated ship date is.
On our Confirmation email, it will state if the Item is on BackOrder. Estimates on Shipping is tough, due to the circumstances I stated earlier.
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 05:31 PM   #7
WheelMan69

Drives: 2015 SS/A6
Highly recommend BMR and all there products.

I have used there products on both of my 5th gen Camaros (V6 and V8)

My V8 5th gen is currently running there Extreme sway bar, Adjustable toe rods & Trailing arms.

The end result of it will be awesome. So give it some time!

*VMAX Throttle Body
*Speed-Engineering Headers / No Cats
*Catted Magnaflow X-Pipe
*BMR Toe Rods
*BMR Xtreme Ant-Roll Kit
*BMR Trailing Arms
*CAI Cold Air Intake
*TUNED BY JAY @ KRAFTSWORKS EXCELL
WheelMan69 is offline   Reply With Quote