Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 06-05-2018, 11:12 AM   #15
gto mark

Drives: 2015 Red Hot 2SS/RS 1LE Recaros NPP
Also the steering shaft under the hood should be white.
gto mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 11:37 AM   #16
J Rod

Drives: '14 BRM 1LE 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Level300 View Post
Your best bet is to use a seller like CarMax. They have a few 1LEs come in every once in a while. I got mine from them. Figure around 800 to 1000 to transport the car if the car is located polar opposite to your location Mine was in New Mexico and had it shipped to NJ for 840.

CARMax didn't jerk me around like the dealerships. When I did find a good one, by the time I got the service history and option codes sent to me, someone always bought it locally. They also wanted a commitment (bill of sale) to hold the car even before I could check it out.

At carmax, the fastest way to verify the car is to get them to take a picture of the option codes located in the trunk under the carpet on the driver's side. They don't have access to Chevy's computer systems so you'll just have carfax. Once I verified it, i had them ship it to a Carmax in NJ. You're under no obligation to buy it but you'll be out the transfer cost if you don't like it. They won't sell it until you either buy the car or pass on it. They are pretty good with the cars they sell. Mine was as pictured, as advertised. Also, they have a 90 day bumper to bumper warranty that covers the clutch. A certified pre owned camaro's clutch isn't covered under it's extended warrantee. There is no haggling and BS dealer games with them. The car purchase experience was like buying an appliance from an Apple-like store. Carmax has a really good operation and I think they will be the future of buying used cars.

I will never go to a car dealer to buy a used car again.

They even do the goofy thing with the bow...can you tell I just wanted to get the hell out of there and drive it?!
I used a similar service to get my car, www.vroom.com. I couldn't find a 1LE for sale within a few hundred miles of here in 3 months of searching so when I saw the exact car I wanted pop up on their site I decided what the hell. It was a bit scary at first locking into a deal for a car that I had only seen pics of online but they ship the car for free and give you a week and/or 250 miles to test it out. If you don't like it, they'll come haul it away and rip up the agreement no questions asked (supposedly). Luckily my car was in excellent condition exactly as described so I never had to deal with that. I won't hesitate to use them again for my next vehicle purchase..
LSA Blower w/ 2.45 Griptec, Reinforced Brick, FIC 1000 injectors, JRE FPCM, LFP Dual Pass HX, ZL1 IC pump, RotoFab CAI, Bo White TB, Coated Stainless Power 1-7/8" LTs, NPP, NGK TR7IX, Mighty Mouse Wild CC, AEM X-Series WB, Aeroforce Interceptor, MGW Shifter, Z28 Grill, Gary's Custom ZL1 Rockers, Hero Tails, Tuned by IMC
J Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 04:16 PM   #17
Level300

Drives: 2015 Black rs/ss/1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Rod View Post
I used a similar service to get my car, www.vroom.com. I couldn't find a 1LE for sale within a few hundred miles of here in 3 months of searching so when I saw the exact car I wanted pop up on their site I decided what the hell. It was a bit scary at first locking into a deal for a car that I had only seen pics of online but they ship the car for free and give you a week and/or 250 miles to test it out. If you don't like it, they'll come haul it away and rip up the agreement no questions asked (supposedly). Luckily my car was in excellent condition exactly as described so I never had to deal with that. I won't hesitate to use them again for my next vehicle purchase..
Is that the blue color? Sweet ride.

I tried to use vroom.com. I emailed them and all I received was an automated reply. Did someone reach out to you about your inquiry?

It is scary dropping all that money on something based on pictures. The good thing about these new services is that they have a reputation to uphold and protect so their quality control is much better. They do not misrepresent the car like a lot of these dealers do.

me: [zooming in on a low rez image with what looks like a large scratch I didnt notice before. The car was white.]
me to dealer: [attached an image with the mark circled] "..what's that, is that a scratch?"
dealer: "That?! Oh that's a scratch we had fixed. We took these pictures before we fixed it"
me: "But I had asked you yesterday if there were any issues with the body? Forget it, I changed my mind...."
Level300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 05:25 PM   #18
GONIF

Drives: 73 VETTE ,, 05 2500hd diesel,14 1LE
What are you looking to spend on a low mileage 2014 real 1SS,RS 1LE in CRT ? I may have a great one for you . Long tubes, HF cats,3 inch SS MBRP exhaust, CAI with race scoop, and tuned by NIC D. Never raced or abused 1 owner adult driven .
Old 06-05-2018, 07:06 PM   #19
chillin014

Drives: C5 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Level300 View Post
Your best bet is to use a seller like CarMax. They have a few 1LEs come in every once in a while. I got mine from them. Figure around 800 to 1000 to transport the car if the car is located polar opposite to your location Mine was in New Mexico and had it shipped to NJ for 840.

CARMax didn't jerk me around like the dealerships. When I did find a good one, by the time I got the service history and option codes sent to me, someone always bought it locally. They also wanted a commitment (bill of sale) to hold the car even before I could check it out.

At carmax, the fastest way to verify the car is to get them to take a picture of the option codes located in the trunk under the carpet on the driver's side. They don't have access to Chevy's computer systems so you'll just have carfax. Once I verified it, i had them ship it to a Carmax in NJ. You're under no obligation to buy it but you'll be out the transfer cost if you don't like it. They won't sell it until you either buy the car or pass on it. They are pretty good with the cars they sell. Mine was as pictured, as advertised. Also, they have a 90 day bumper to bumper warranty that covers the clutch. A certified pre owned camaro's clutch isn't covered under it's extended warrantee. There is no haggling and BS dealer games with them. The car purchase experience was like buying an appliance from an Apple-like store. Carmax has a really good operation and I think they will be the future of buying used cars.

I will never go to a car dealer to buy a used car again.

They even do the goofy thing with the bow...can you tell I just wanted to get the hell out of there and drive it?!
[IMG]httphttps://www.camaro5.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=939438&stc=1&d=1528168 627[/IMG]
haha! Yes I am looking on all websites right now and beginning to realizing nationwide car-shopping is quite common these days. I certainly see the value in a 1-stop shop as far as purchasing, financing, shipping, etc. Plus I absolutely despite dealing with salesmen. Now it's just a matter of finding exactly what I want for the price I want. Plus I'd have to talk my wife into the concept which might not be so easy.
chillin014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 07:18 PM   #20
chillin014

Quote:
Originally Posted by GONIF View Post
What are you looking to spend on a low mileage 2014 real 1SS,RS 1LE in CRT ? I may have a great one for you . Long tubes, HF cats,3 inch SS MBRP exhaust, CAI with race scoop, and tuned by NIC D. Never raced or abused 1 owner adult driven .
Is CRT the "maroon" or "red" color? Do you have any pictures?

Honestly I am just looking for a good deal on a car I like. Traditionally I have strayed from newer cars because of depreciation, which is the reason I am looking at 5 yr old cars moreso than the total price itself. Having said that (I hate that phrase) I am motivated to buy around $20k, less motivated at $25k and would have to be in love at $30k.

I am struggling a little with the fact that I see some 2016 (non 1LE SS) models popping up around the $30k range and some even lower. I return to the depreciation issue however...they look like a significant improvement in someways.
Old 06-05-2018, 07:28 PM   #21
Billy10mm

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS 1LE NPP
What about that ad makes you think it IS a 1LE? There's absolutely nothing I can mention anywhere in the ad that would make anyone think that that car is a 1LE.
Billy10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 08:16 PM   #22
chillin014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy10mm View Post
What about that ad makes you think it IS a 1LE? There's absolutely nothing I can mention anywhere in the ad that would make anyone think that that car is a 1LE.
At first I assumed that style of hood was specific to 1LE. Now I realize it's got to be wrapped in the matte black. My mistake.
Old 06-06-2018, 08:22 AM   #23
Elihu Smails

Drives: 2015 SIM 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillin014 View Post
Is CRT the "maroon" or "red" color? Do you have any pictures?

Honestly I am just looking for a good deal on a car I like. Traditionally I have strayed from newer cars because of depreciation, which is the reason I am looking at 5 yr old cars moreso than the total price itself. Having said that (I hate that phrase) I am motivated to buy around $20k, less motivated at $25k and would have to be in love at $30k.

I am struggling a little with the fact that I see some 2016 (non 1LE SS) models popping up around the $30k range and some even lower. I return to the depreciation issue however...they look like a significant improvement in someways.
I think it will be hard to find a decent 1LE for $20K, but $25K will get you something nice....like this.....https://chicago.craigslist.org/nwi/c...606365424.html
Elihu Smails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 08:38 AM   #24
Venomcustom
Hard to want.

Drives: 2020 red hot 1SS 1LE
Deals are out there but you have to strike quick when they come up. I bought my 2015 1SS RS 1le, one owner car , clean carfax with 11,000 miles for $24,900. Car is in fantastic condition. The add popped up and I called the dealer 5 mins later and put a deposit down. Jumped in my car and rook the hour and a half trip to the dealer.
Venomcustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 09:58 AM   #25
SSMY1LE

Drives: '14 1LE RS NPP Recaro
100 % not a 1LE

Lists the seats as "Recaro performance front seats"

I guess they sold them and replaced with the 2SS seats.