Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 03-21-2014, 10:13 AM   #15
DandDC09

Drives: '10 2LT/RS, '13 Malibu
I agree, im not looking for perfect but $400 for it plus a 6 month wait... plus $250 to fix the surface flaws, I would think it would be better than this... I also figured the body shop should have seen this during block sanding?

A couple bolts were tough to line up, so im gonna pull it back off and open the holes a little and see if that takes some stress off of it and maybe get it to stop waving at me! Lol.
Old 03-21-2014, 10:23 AM   #16
RobertRS

Drives: 2014 2SS L99
Surface wave? That looks more like a tidal wave. I'd send it back if it were mine.
RobertRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 10:32 AM   #17
BC 2010
BC 2010

Drives: 2010 Camaro SIM 2SS/RS M6 GFX SR
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
I've got a three piece spoiler... I mounted it just like the instructions... no issues... I realize the one piece spoilers hang out and can contact the body sides...

I used one sided 1/8th inch foam tape to pad under it as well... Keeps the spoiler from sitting right on the paint.. and I cut the tape in sections that don't touch so water would not pool in front of the spoiler...
When I Install my anvil I use the 1/8 inch form tape. tape was flexible to go around mount holes like washers,copy the factory tape install pattern too.
water proof, with drainage at center of spoiler.
BC 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 06:17 PM   #18
TwentyTen2SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Installed normal. Existing hardware. Had to drill out holes a little more though. Here's mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Cold Air Inductions CAI • Stainless Power LT's with HFC's • Flowmaster American Thunder Cat Back • APEX Scoop and WW Relocation Kit • VMAX Ported Throttle Body • Custom Dyno Tune • Pfadt 1.25" Lowering Springs • ZL1 Rims on 275 front 315 Rear • custome underlay vinyl wrap • Anvil Spoiler • heritage grill • APR Front Splitter • Custom Emblempros emblems • ZL1 Side Skirts • 416.5 whp 410 torque (CURRENTLY) Up Next: BTR Stage 3 Cam and supporting mods (in garage now)
TwentyTen2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 06:26 PM   #19
BC 2010
BC 2010

Drives: 2010 Camaro SIM 2SS/RS M6 GFX SR
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandDC09 View Post
Is this surface wave normal for any of your anvil spoilers?
I would be on the phone if my had that much wave and requesting replacement now.
BC 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 06:27 PM   #20
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandDC09 View Post
Is this surface wave normal for any of your anvil spoilers?

That seems a bit extreme.

Sent from my AGM, 2SS/RS
Old 03-21-2014, 08:47 PM   #21
Twoblindsheep
[COTW 1/6/14]

Drives: 2017 1LE
i installed mine normal too! its got a soft pad under the part that sticks out so it doesnt damage the paint on the trunk
Twoblindsheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 10:13 PM   #22
DandDC09

Thanks for your opinions....

I'm definitely going to be making some calls.

I felt it was too much also, just wanted to see what others thought too.

Looked at it again today and I'm pretty sure it's not the fiberglass one either. I can see the criss cross pattern in it under the paint. I think it's just the CF one that's primer coated. Looks like there's a crack in the fibers too, under the paint on the right top surface.

This has turned out to be a huge mess!
Old 03-25-2014, 12:46 PM   #23
Jobrien

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ss/rs
I installed my fiberglass one . And its also really wavy . The body shop said it was just cheap material . So ill have to live with it . What did you guys do with the extra hole for water getting in their ??
Jobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 12:52 PM   #24
digdeep0169

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS 45th Anniversary
I installed normal. i used the rubber pieces on the ends, it touches the passenger side, but no damage to the clear coat.

~ 2012 SS ~
digdeep0169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 02:27 PM   #25
RobertRS

Drives: 2014 2SS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobrien View Post
I installed my fiberglass one . And its also really wavy . The body shop said it was just cheap material . So ill have to live with it . What did you guys do with the extra hole for water getting in their ??
Why would you prefer this wavy one ,that you say you'll just have to live with, over the stock RS spoiler? Just curious.
RobertRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 03:13 PM   #26
Jobrien

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ss/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertRS View Post
Why would you prefer this wavy one ,that you say you'll just have to live with, over the stock RS spoiler? Just curious.

Because what am i going to do ? Sure theyll probley send me a new one . Than i have to pay the body shop to paint it again ? Then im out on shipping the old one back and paying to have the new one painted . Plus wait for another batch to be made ! :/ so i have to live with it . I threw the stock spoiler away also. So no going back there .
Jobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 03:30 PM   #27
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
I just recently installed my anvil spoiler that I was able to purchase from a person on this forum, (Thank - you Denis). I had the carbon fiber spoiler painted black since the UV protection was causing an issue. I didn't want the carbon fiber anyway, just a matte black finish. worked out perfect.

I bought a piece of neoprene rubber 1/8" from ebay to add to various areas on the bottom. I wanted to add new pieces on the ends that went over the 1/4 panel. I made cut 1" square pieces that I used as washers over the studs. I added extra pieces where the spoiler showed signs of rubbing on the previous deck lid.

I opened up the stock holes that I drilled when I installed a stock RS spoiler 4 years ago. I wanted to pull the anvil spoiler far enough rearward to cover up the wear marks left from my previous spoiler.

Don't forget to paint the new drilled raw edges when opening up those holes too.

The neoprene washer pulled into the holes slightly helping to prevent water from coming in. At least that was my intent and I hope it works as good as it looks like it will.
Attached Images

Old 03-26-2014, 06:24 PM   #28
DandDC09

"I heard back from my boss regarding this. We are sorry your customer is not satisfied, but the spoiler is not defective. This part should have been block sanded before painting like any body panel should be. He doesn't see any fitment problems in the picture provided. However, he is willing to give your customer 10% back. I can issue a credit towards a new order or I can send a check for the 10%. You can then issue the refund to your customer. Let me know how you want to handle this.

Thank you,"

This is the reply that my vendor received when they passed on the picture of my wavy spoiler from Anvil.

Does anyone else think Anvil is trying to pass the blame?

Block sanded or not, it would take a lot of filler to make it smooth or sanded so much that it would work through the spoiler. The body shop already took steps to eliminate the pinholes in the finish, costing me more.

What do you guys think? Going to contact Anvil directly to try get this resolved since the vendor did a great service and it shouldnt be an issue of theirs!