Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-03-2013, 10:50 AM   #323
jroc7

Drives: *
I'm shocked how many people actually like that look. I'm sure someone will sell a kit once the movie comes out, so they'll be able to copy the look, but I think it looks rediculous. It looks like something Hyundai would come up with. I was hoping this was another silly fan rendering, and hopefully GM will not be following suit, but as we found out after the second TF movie, the "aftermarket" front end was in fact a ZL1 preview.
jroc7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:43 AM   #324
My Caroline

Drives: Black 2011 Camaro LS
I don't hate it... Should be a cool movie car
Non-RS to RS and fog light harness by Gen5DIY
LED Interior, Trunk, and Licence Plate lights in white
ZL1 Spoiler with Gen5DIY harness
Factory NPP cat back
Blacked out tail light bezels
Factory 20 inch wheels wrapped in Nitto Motivos
Lowered 1.25inch on Eibach Pro springs
My Caroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 12:18 PM   #325
whemming

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS
That thick black around the bottom makes it look like a 4x4...Also the rear wheel diameter looks larger than the front. If this was a solid color and slammed I might have a different opinion. But as it sits...
Old 07-03-2013, 12:21 PM   #326
Yendor

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS 1LE Hyper Blue
The front end is horrible. My wife saw a picture of it last night and said, ugh, did you see the Transformers Camaro, the front end is ugly.
Old 07-03-2013, 12:43 PM   #327
efpardo
Deep6

Drives: 2016 Camaro #182300 | 2SS | HBM
Send a message via Skype™ to efpardo
Not a fan

My Journals:
Erick's Mistress - Violet 2016 2SS
#182300 | 2SS | HBM |
Erick’s Mistress - 2010 2LT
#8212 | 2LT | RS | CGM | Litho #165 |
efpardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 12:43 PM   #328
SILVER BULLET RS

Drives: 2012 Black Synergy Camaro SS
Smile

Wow!!! That looks so KILLER!! I love how the designers made it look even more futuristic than the 5th gen, but still look retro 67'! I doubt it's going to look exactly like this concept, but it's gonna be very close to this just smaller.
SILVER BULLET RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 12:49 PM   #329
GRAHL
workaholic

Drives: 69 SS Lemans Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by jroc7 View Post
I'm shocked how many people actually like that look. I'm sure someone will sell a kit once the movie comes out, so they'll be able to copy the look, but I think it looks rediculous. It looks like something Hyundai would come up with. I was hoping this was another silly fan rendering, and hopefully GM will not be following suit, but as we found out after the second TF movie, the "aftermarket" front end was in fact a ZL1 preview.
I'm shocked too!!! The front end of the 5th gen refresh almost caused deadly riots amongst the Camaro faithful, and then THIS Hyundai/Scion-looking hideous thing is getting rave reviews??? Oh man!! Thank God Fbodfather said this isn't the 6th gen.
Old 07-03-2013, 12:56 PM   #330
DroptopZ
I'm your huckleberry...

Drives: '10 2SS/RS, '88 IROC vert
They need to lower the center of gravity of the car or paint the GFX. Honestly, with the dark GFX and the ride height, it makes it look like a 4x4. I am a fan of the headlights, though I doubt this is a foreshadowing of the 6th gen given the fact that the rear is still distinctly 5th gen. It wouldn't be a 'new model.'

My suspicion is that this may be a hint to the styling queues of the front end, much like they did with the Corvette concept. The real car came out looking very different, though some of the styling queues and lines were similar.

DroptopZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:09 PM   #331
Mantra

Drives: Getting one soon :)
Seems like T4 bumblebee front was designed to look more like the audi A5 headlights. I miss that american muscle look. Especially the long and wide front grill.
Mantra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:10 PM   #332
RockyS18

Drives: .
I think the back, sides, and rims look amazing, but I think I'm in the minority of people who don't like the front. It's too rounded off and bulbous. if the upper grill and headlights were thicker top to bottom that would be great.

I especially like the lettering on the tires, I think I'm gonna look into doing that on my ZL1....
RockyS18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:19 PM   #333
Red Chief

Drives: 2020 LT1 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_RS View Post

I actually think members on here want to dislike anything other than their precious 5th gen. Not everyone....but the majority. I love the 5th gen just as much as any other but I like to see new things, for things to be advanced/refreshed, new styles, updates, etc. Nope, not on here. If GM made the 5th gen for the next twenty years my guess would be most on here would love it. It seems as if members try to justify their car as the best by disliking and tearing down anything new. I'm not just talking about this T4 Camaro, either. I'm talking this, all the concept versions of the 6th gen, the '14 refresh on the LT, SS and the new Z28.
This is the first sports car to beat the Mustang in sales...people have every right to think it doesn't need any radical changes. It's also hard to understand why Chevy didn't just use the new Z/28 for this. The timing would be perfect to use the movie as a marketing tool.

The only thing about the 5th gen that I think could be improved is it looks a little fat--trimming a few inches off it would probably help alot. Same basic design, just a little smaller and lighter.
Red Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:35 PM   #334
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by DroptopZ View Post
They need to lower the center of gravity of the car or paint the GFX. Honestly, with the dark GFX and the ride height, it makes it look like a 4x4. I am a fan of the headlights, though I doubt this is a foreshadowing of the 6th gen given the fact that the rear is still distinctly 5th gen. It wouldn't be a 'new model.'

My suspicion is that this may be a hint to the styling queues of the front end, much like they did with the Corvette concept. The real car came out looking very different, though some of the styling queues and lines were similar.
The Corvette Stingray concept was never intended for production and the C7 isn't derived from it.
Old 07-03-2013, 01:38 PM   #335
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Chief View Post
This is the first sports car to beat the Mustang in sales...people have every right to think it doesn't need any radical changes. It's also hard to understand why Chevy didn't just use the new Z/28 for this. The timing would be perfect to use the movie as a marketing tool.

The only thing about the 5th gen that I think could be improved is it looks a little fat--trimming a few inches off it would probably help alot. Same basic design, just a little smaller and lighter.
The problem is you cannot keep a design stagnant for too long, people that have the same design as was available 5 or six years ago are not likely to want something that looks just like they have, what's the point? Plus those that didn't care for the original design may be drawn to the updated design, bringing in new buyers. I still feel one of the big reasons the Camaro went away the last time is it stayed the same for too long. In the car world change is usually a good thing.
Look back, it used to be in the 60's that foreign cars remained pretty much the same for 10 years while American cars had refreshes every year and completely new cars every two or three years. Now many Japanese cars are totally redesigned every 4 years or so where American cars usually just get a refresh in 4 or 5 years.
Old 07-03-2013, 01:41 PM   #336
GoPaul
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2LT RS M6
I like the rear end, but don't like the front, difficult to tell but still looks a little on the large side.

Tags
2015 camaro, 2015 camaro forum, 2015 camaro forums, 2015 chevrolet camaro, 2015 chevy camaro, 2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news