Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 04-05-2015, 06:30 AM   #1
AKA chaoss

Drives: 2015 camaro ss
How much clearance will v6 rear brakes gain me

The wheels I bought don't fit with the brembos. Looks like I need an additional 1/2" maybe a little more so will converting to v6 rear calipers and rotors give me enogh?
AKA chaoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 09:04 AM   #2
JMT

Drives: 2013 1LT
I have a set of V6 calipers, pads, hoses and rotors for sale if interested
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 09:37 PM   #3
AKA chaoss

So after measuring the offset of the wheels it looks like my wheel vendor sent 40mm offset TSW Valencias and I needed the 25mm or 20mm. So would v6 brakes give me the additional clearance?
Old 04-06-2015, 10:50 AM   #4
AKA chaoss

Anybody? I know I'm new here but damn.... lol
Old 04-06-2015, 10:57 AM   #5
Rob@WretchedMS

Drives: His Wife Crazy
I'm not sure about the wheel clearance, but i believe the V6 calipers may interfere with the swaybar.
Rob@WretchedMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 11:23 AM   #6
AKA chaoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob@WretchedMS View Post
I'm not sure about the wheel clearance, but i believe the V6 calipers may interfere with the swaybar.
Can you expand on that please?
Old 04-06-2015, 12:36 PM   #7
Rob@WretchedMS

The FE4 Swaybars (that your car has) can contact the V6 calipers when the pads start to get low. The V6 still uses the inboard mounted rear swaybar because of this.
Old 04-06-2015, 12:46 PM   #8
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
Correct, I have the ZL1 swaybar in the rear and it hits the banjo bolt holding the brake hose to the caliper. I just used a grinder and shaved some of the head of the bolt off and it worked fine. I think as the brake pads wear down the clearance gets even worse, idk because I have brembos now. But I'm actually trying to sell my brembo setup and will be going back to my V6 brakes so I'm about to have the same problem again. I might just grind a little off the sway bar since I think its solid not hollow like the V6 sway bar. Prob not a good idea but I don't race road courses or auto cross just like to drive straight really fast lol so I should be ok. I want to keep the stiff sway bar in the rear for the drag strip, I already put my little whimpy V6 front sway bar back on.
JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 01:25 PM   #9
AKA chaoss

So if I were to purchase the v6 parts brand new from chevy, what all would I need

Calipers
rotors
pads
sway bar
and what else?
Old 04-06-2015, 01:43 PM   #10
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
Caliper bracket if it doesn't come with the caliper. Maybe brake hoses but I imagine you could prob make your work just might be a little long.
JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 01:48 PM   #11
Rob@WretchedMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA chaoss View Post
So if I were to purchase the v6 parts brand new from chevy, what all would I need

Calipers
rotors
pads
sway bar
and what else?
also swaybar links
(assuming that the gm swaybar comes with the bushings)

I have some 32mm Pedders rear bars left, along with end links, let me know if i can help. Going to the stock V6 rear bar may not be the best option due to it's small size
Old 04-06-2015, 02:50 PM   #12
ntmad8tr
Music City Camaro Club

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Spring Special Edition
So instead of getting the vendor to get you wheels that fit your far superior brembos. You are thinking of ordering V6 brake parts from GM.....you are not only wasting money buying the parts but also wasting the money that you spent on your initial car price since the Brembos are considered in the SS price. If you want to switch to V6 performance save yourself some money and trade your SS in on a same color V6 with the same other options that your car has now.
EMC(SS) USN RET. 2014 2SS Spring Special Edition,1 of 293. Cold Air Inc. CAI,Apex Catch Can, Kooks 1-7/8" headers, Kooks HF Cats, X-pipe, Kooks mufflers,Graphite, BMR Toe links, BMR rear trailing arms, MRR228s,RGB ORACLE Colorshift Halos, RGB LED Engine bay and Grille lighting, Diode Dynamics RGB Fog Lights. NightOwl LED control system. Painted engine cover by S.L. Customs. River Cities Creations painted strut brace. My Build Thread
ntmad8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 07:11 PM   #13
AKA chaoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntmad8tr View Post
So instead of getting the vendor to get you wheels that fit your far superior brembos. You are thinking of ordering V6 brake parts from GM.....you are not only wasting money buying the parts but also wasting the money that you spent on your initial car price since the Brembos are considered in the SS price. If you want to switch to V6 performance save yourself some money and trade your SS in on a same color V6 with the same other options that your car has now.
Well of course it sounds bad when you say it like that. .. jeez

Anyway I'm not going with this option I'm just going to get different wheels. Apparently TSW doesn't make the valencias that fit the SS anymore. So I'm just going to get the vendor to ship them back and send me something else. Or give me my money back and I'll buy something else.

Thanks for the ass chewing
Old 04-06-2015, 07:14 PM   #14
AKA chaoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob@WretchedMS View Post
also swaybar links
(assuming that the gm swaybar comes with the bushings)

I have some 32mm Pedders rear bars left, along with end links, let me know if i can help. Going to the stock V6 rear bar may not be the best option due to it's small size
Thanks for your help!