Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 01-12-2015, 08:10 PM   #29
Nor Cal ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6

Ha Ha that is great.

My Wife is pretty cool about it and has even saved me from taking it a few places that would have sucked if I had. I try not to be too OCD about it, so my basic rule is try not to screw something up by lack of attention. That said sometimes she insists that we take her car so we can park anywhere, and don't need to worry about things like road conditions (winter).
Nor Cal ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 08:16 PM   #30
nvydvr

Drives: 2015 Red Rock ZL1
I.ve at least gotten my wife to where she will park further out in the parking lot to avoid door dings. I've started pointing out cars with door dings and other little "lazy" accidents and I think it's starting to sink in. MY PLAN IS WORKING HAHAHA... Shoot, you ever notice the people who drive around waiting for a front parking spot, they could stand to walk a little and their cars usually are pretty rough too... just saying', I don't care if you drive a Yugo...take care of it and have some pride... hmmm... A Yugo?...
nvydvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 08:18 PM   #31
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jims Mongoose View Post
This is really silly in some ways. As important as the car is, obviously it is not as important as my wife or my kids.

And all of them except for my son don't seem to think its more than metal. Well maybe my daughter a little.

I son is the only one that can drive it whenever he wants. Wife and daughter don't drive manuals.
His quote however to me was, "no thanks dad, I don't want to drive your car, I can't take the pressure, I'd rather be in Afghanistan."

But they all appreciate that I love the car and since I respect their stuff and they know how important they are to me, they respect my car completely.

Isn't that what its all about.

Jim

I was joking....relax jack.

My wife and kids ride with me all the time.

In fact every Saturday morning my 5 year old daughter and I go on a donut run. She loves it!
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 08:20 PM   #32
nvydvr

You allow donuts in your car?!!! I will send you a link for a good cordless Vac!!! hahaha
Old 01-12-2015, 08:24 PM   #33
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvydvr View Post
You allow donuts in your car?!!! I will send you a link for a good cordless Vac!!! hahaha

Yes...well they do stay in the box until we get home. lol

It's the coffee that a bitch to keep form spilling.....didn't have this issue in my V6 auto. lol
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 08:27 PM   #34
nvydvr

Ok, I'm a little rough with computers but put this in the youtube search box:

Make Sure She's Ok - Chevy Super Bowl XLVI Commercial 2012

That's sorta how I am with my 1LE :-)
Old 01-12-2015, 08:28 PM   #35
nvydvr

Old 01-12-2015, 09:56 PM   #36
Camero5
Hide! My wife's coming!

Drives: 2013 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by backeddy View Post
"You keep your car spotless, I don't understand why I have to pick up your clothes off of the bathroom floor" *eyes roll*

Hahah ... I get that all the time.

Another one I hear a lot "you treat your car better than you treat your wife" or " I wish you would give me as much attention as you give your car."

Btw, I treat her like a queen
Old 01-12-2015, 10:12 PM   #37
Jims Mongoose
Jim

Drives: 2013 Black 2SS 1LE
Nothing bad Intended

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 View Post
I was joking....relax jack.

My wife and kids ride with me all the time.

In fact every Saturday morning my 5 year old daughter and I go on a donut run. She loves it!

I should not have quoted you. it was a mistake. I meant the thread in general. Trying to make the point that most of our wives and friends and family respect our cars and our feelings towards them even if they don't understand it.
I did not really believe that you don't let them ride in your car Lol.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Jim
Old 01-12-2015, 11:18 PM   #38
patternpilot

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
My wife does not care to drive the Camaro. So no worries here. She has a supercharged Jaguar to drive, but prefers to drive her Town and Country. She does not share that passion but understands mine. She's a keeper.

LS3, Whipple, Custom Comp Cam, springs, pushrods, timing set, CAI intake, Apex cold air scoop, Doug Thorley TRI-Y headers, Billet Custom Products baffled Valve covers, Mighty Mouse Catch can, ADM FPCM, ZL1 fuel pump, MSD boost-a-pump, Hex Vent hood vents, ProSport gauges(fuel pressure, AFR, Boost), Corsa, 100 cell Cats. Jannetty remote tuned, Pfadt trailing arms, all parts user installed. No Dyno yet. Manual trans. 3.45 gears.
patternpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 11:46 PM   #39
B73

Drives: 2013 2ss rs 1le in Victory Red
pretty lucky here too, when I was looking at buying mine right before I signed the paperwork I asked her if it was going to turn into a fight at some point in the future. Her response "hell no, I love that ****ing car" my wife never swears so for her to drop an F-bomb, in public even, means it was okay. She does get to drive it once in a while but I keep her away from it by making her fill it if she used it lol

Last edited by B73; 01-13-2015 at 12:52 AM.
B73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 12:33 AM   #40
rocknroll_jeph

Drives: 11 Camaro V6 RS, 03 BMW Z4
I have really enjoyed reading all of these comments, because I can relate to so many of them. My wife is not interested in driving, but interested in cars. She has become very careful around my car and even uses on finger on the rubber around the window to close the door so I don't get finger prints on the car- there is a lot of dust where I live and I can immediately see where someone has put a hand on my car... Still, she complains about me spending money on my car but buys Prada/ Coach/ Kate Spade etc shoes and bags nonstop... she complains about how long it takes me to wash my car as well... still, she picked it out with me and I know she respects it. She tries very hard to keep it clean and scratch free. She is my spotter when squeezing into a spot and helps me get the best deal I can on my upgrades too.
rocknroll_jeph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 12:46 AM   #41
Schluney

Drives: 2014 2SS 1LE
I'm lucky! My long time girlfriend doesn't give me any crap for treating the car like a child.... Although sometimes I get the "why does it need to be faster, it already scares me"
Old 01-13-2015, 06:56 AM   #42
TxBandit911
Call Me"Doc"

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE BLACK
My wife just tells me that my track times are faster than hers because I'm cheating....
TxBandit911 is offline   Reply With Quote