Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 01-23-2015, 11:15 AM   #71
nvydvr

Drives: 2015 Red Rock ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by t&t moyer View Post
OMG, my wife is the total opposite to many out there. She is so totally obsessed with keeping the car clean, making sure I don't drag my feet on the sills or bump them against the door panel. She will spend hours detailing, cleaning inside & out, and under the hood after having it out for a drive and will make sure it's looking great before even leaving the driveway. I've even seen her laydown in the driveway and run the hose & clean under the car after getting caught out in the rain one time.

I like to keep the car clean and kept up but she is crazy about it lol. 9 times out of 10 she won't let me wash the car as I "don't do it right". I just shake my head and say "yes dear" and go about my business having a few beers while taking care of the motorcycles.

And as far as driving the Camaro to town or to the store? It will go to town for a cruise or dinner if there's "appropriate" parking available, going to the store is pretty much a no-go, it's been to the mall once and when in a parking lot it's about like the picture above, as far away from anyone else as possible.
WOW!!! Any tips on how to get her to that point? Are there training courses, hypnosis...WHAT CAN BE DONE???
nvydvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 06:02 PM   #72
MustbeaCamaro
MustbeaCamaro

Drives: "La Bamba" 2SS/RS Blue Ray Met 1LE
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvydvr View Post
WOW!!! Any tips on how to get her to that point? Are there training courses, hypnosis...WHAT CAN BE DONE???
Im glad you brothers and some sisters are on here telling your stories. I thought I was the only one!!! They and she were telling me I'm crazy. "Its just a car"
MustbeaCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 10:36 PM   #73
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
I have a keeper. She even fronts me $$ for mods. She makes the bucks. When I blew my diff she said, "Make sure you buy a new part you can't break, you really enjoy racing. Don't worry about the money."

She also liked driving my past cars with a lead foot and can make a shift. She would come home after taking out my old 4th gen SS Camaro and say something like: "Oh, hon I just surprised a Corvette!"

But she doesn't like 3 car garages or me having more than one toy car. We only have a one car garage now and the 1LE gets it. On the whole I married up.

For some reason she is afraid of the 1LE. She won't drive it.
Old 01-25-2015, 08:44 PM   #74
nvydvr

Got her back this week from the dealership repairing the front splitter that they installed improperly. I also had the new Corsa Quad-Tip exhaust installed and my wife asked if it will be louder and I said Uhm... yea?... Whereas she asked why would you want it to be louder ugh... well I guess either you get it or you don't get it... hahaha Chicks...
http://youtu.be/ekS0sNJ80js
Old 01-25-2015, 09:04 PM   #75
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Quote:
Got her back this week from the dealership repairing the front splitter that they installed improperly. I also had the new Corsa Quad-Tip exhaust installed and my wife asked if it will be louder and I said Uhm... yea?... Whereas she asked why would you want it to be louder ugh... well I guess either you get it or you don't get it... hahaha Chicks...
http://youtu.be/ekS0sNJ80js
Sounds mean. Good job.
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 09:43 AM   #76
Rideordie28

Drives: White 1SS 1le
mine told me i had to sell it. i laughted at her and she got super mad. so im in the dog house but i also still have my 1LE in there with me
Old 01-26-2015, 12:54 PM   #77
Quicksilver 1LE

Drives: 14 1000HP SS/RS 1LE
My wife is spectacular! We are two peas in a pod. We both have the same career. We both have a gun collections. We both have fast Camaros, but SHE is the one who gets onto me about be more careful. I treat my 1LE like a new born baby and she will get onto me about dragging my feet against the kick panel. She tells me," You are a bull in a china shop." But she don't complaint one but about riding in my car.
Quicksilver 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 03:56 PM   #78
L99CAMA2011

Drives: One of the baddest handling Gen 5s
Quote:
Does anyone else get the line"It's just a car?" AHHH!!! My wife threw that at me when I told her not to drag her feet when getting in. I then took her to the door of her 2014 LTZ Tahoe and showed her where her rings and nails scratch the door when she opens the door. I then asked if she'd be upset if I sat a nice cold soda on her Baby Grand and she said "that's different"... I know that all women aren't like this, but is anyone else dealing with this?
My ex girlfriend slammed the passenger door and said it's just a car and then sucked her teeth , nice huh.
L99CAMA2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 04:12 PM   #79
nvydvr

Quote:
Originally Posted by L99CAMA2011 View Post
My ex girlfriend slammed the passenger door and said it's just a car and then sucked her teeth , nice huh.
I probably would have come unhinged at that point...
Attached Images